“Fantastic stay at the PP County Hall!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Plaza County Hall London

Save Saved
You added Park Plaza County Hall London to your Saves list
Park Plaza County Hall London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Addington Street, London SE1 7RY, England (Waterloo / South Bank / Southwark)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now & save up to 15%
Ranked #93 of 1,073 hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Fantastic stay at the PP County Hall!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

My wife & I and our 2 children have just returned from a London Marathon weekend staying at the Park Plaza County Hall. From the moment we checked in on the saturday 20th until the moment we checked out again on Tuesday 26th April nothing was too much trouble for the helpful staff.

Simon (the excellent hotel manager) and his team looked after our every need nothing was too much trouble. The hotel had sepcific pasta menus in the restaurant and extra water bottles / energy bars freely available on the day of the run, they also opened ballast especially early - all things really appreciated by runners!

All the staff congratulated me after the race and their kind and interested attitude really helped to make for a special weekend!

Technically the hotel is excellent as you would expect from a new central London hotel. The staff were also very informative which really helped to make the difference whether it was directions to the marathon start in blackheath or advice of the best way to get to the theatre for the show we had booked.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone considering travelling to London. It has certainly helped my family create some very special memories of a great weekend in London - unforgettable!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
johnfwalsh,

Thank you for your fantastic feedback! I am so pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us!!!

Congratulations once again for completing the London Marathon and I am pleased that you were able to stay with us at such a great time of the year.

I will pass on your thanks to all the team and Simon, our General Manager.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

3,083 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (614)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed here recently and it's a pretty good choice for a central London hotel. Welcome at reception was excellent - special marks to Trupti for being so charming and helpful. I was given an upgrade to a small suite with a "proper" window (rather than an internal Atrium room) and it was very spacious. It's definitely an improvement on many London hotels I stay in and great to have enough room to do my morning yoga...
The choice of breakfast was good - again, it makes a difference to have freshly cooked eggs. The breakfast room was a little crowded, but this is to be expected of a busy hotel at peak time.
The only snag I had was the free wifi was not a good connection in my room. But apart from that I was very happy.
I travel from Scotland to London at least every fortnight and I shall definitely be back, and recommend to colleagues. Next week I am in the PP in Lambeth, so I shall hope for a similar experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
TallulahR,

Great that you were able to stay with us and that the room was spacious enough for you to do your morning yoga!

I will pass on your special thanks to my colleague Trupti - I am pleased she was able to welcome you so warmly.

I will pass on your feedback with regards to the wi-fi in the room to the relevant department as we are always trying to improve this for all our guests.

I do hope you are able to come and visit us again soon and thank you for your review!

Tampere, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Comfortable, quite ok hotel near Waterloo station and the Eye, room was quite small, fairly ok setup but lacking in some sense when looking at the price you pay even for just a basic room. Of course, this is London and the prices are what they are. Breakfast buffet was basic, but ok. A bit crowded on couple mornings but that's just propably the timing.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
rkurki73,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us in March.

I am pleased that you were able to stay with us while you were away on business.

I do hope we are able to welcome you back again soon.

Canterbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed one night. We were upgraded to an executive studio (well-equipped) which gave us superb views - especially at night. Everywhere was clean and comfortable. From check-in to check-out staff were unfailingly helpful and friendly including the restaurant. I could not fault any aspect of our stay which was so enjoyable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris B,

Thank you for your review!

I am so pleased that you had a great stay with us and that all the team were able to be friendly and helpful.

I do hope you are able to come and visit us again, especially now the weather is getting a lot better in London!!!

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Great stay as always. Only downside having to have breakfast in a conference room as the restaurant was too busy which does happen quite often. The studio was very clean comfortable and well equipped.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Sara F,

Thank you for your review and loyalty. We are happy to know you once again had an enjoyable stay with us. As you know, we are currently looking for different solution to overcome our busiest times at breakfast and this way, improve our guests’ experience. As a result we are opening several areas for breakfast, where we serve the same food variety and choice. If you. however, prefer to be seated in our main breakfast area, please just let the hostess know and we will be delighted to accommodate you request.

We are looking forward to seeing you next!

Best wishes,

England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

I was running in the marathon and stayed at the park plaza county hall. Check in was nice and quick! Amazing location right at the London eye and quick walk over to Westminster bridge to Big Ben. The hotel was even kind enough that even after I had checke out that morning, to let me come back and use the health club facilities an have a shower after the marathon for free! I had a junior suite it was very spacious, lovely Elemis products, and the bed was extremely comfy! I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed April 2013
Dear HelenAdam,

Thank you for your review and congratulations for running the Marathon. This is a great achievement! Well done! We glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and can’t wait to welcome you again!

All the best,

norfolk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Staff at this hotel were over and above helpful pleasant and polite, so wonderful to find in a London hotel. The whole hotel was squeaky clean from rooms to public spaces with cleaning staff in constant evidence. Never walked in without someone jumping to get us a lift and it seems previous issues with the lifts have been sorted we had no problems. Our first night room was a twin with a view of Waterloo and felt very cramped with the beds pushed hard together which can be awkward if you are travelling with a friend so we asked if they could move us and with no hesitation we were offered an executive studio upgrade. We packed our stuff and went out and came back to our new room (luggage moved) and wow was that better. Ok the sofa bed would not suit a large adult but was fine for me and I found it comfier than the single bed and we had space which made our second night so much more enjoyable. The Kitchenette was superb with excellent crockery and cutlery (gleaming of coarse) and had a good selection of tea,coffee,chocolate etc. We took our own cereal and bought milk and made our own breakfast so did not experience the restaurant. The bathroom was very well laid out but not keen on the glass door, again when with a friend, its a bit awkward! Also no dim lighting in bathroom for night time visits so full lights on and a glass door to boot not good for other/s in room asleep! Other than this our main problem was the heat of the room. The aircon was turned to full and coldest setting but just seemed to get hotter and with no opening window for fresh air we felt like we would suffocate and could not wait to get outside in the morning. Shame this as the room was so nice could have spent more time there. Maybe our aircon was broken? This is my only reason for not giving full marks to this hotel.

Room Tip: Studio rooms if you like a bit more space. Outside rooms were good but maybe inside are cooler? The...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Paulmar,

Thank you for your review and wonderful praises for the staff. Our team is indeed the most valuable asset for the company and comments like yours only give us a boost of energy to continue doing what we best know: caring for our guests! I am sorry to hear of the A/C issue experienced and please rest assured that I will be addressing this occurrence with our Chief Engineer.

We are looking forward to your next stay!

Kindest Regards,

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Park Plaza County Hall London? Share your experiences!