“Fantastic birthday weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Plaza County Hall London

You added Park Plaza County Hall London to your Saves list
Park Plaza County Hall London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Addington Street, London SE1 7RY, England (Waterloo / South Bank / Southwark)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now & save up to 20%
Ranked #105 of 1,065 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Fantastic birthday weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed here for two nights to celebrate my wife's birthday and could not have had a nice experience. Friendly staff on check in, welcoming lobby and a fantastic junior suite which had a wonderful view over St Paul's and The Shard. Room service was excellent, full service 24 hours and none of those annoying "only in the restaurant/bar" restrictions that you get in other hotels. The location is excellent, a few minutes walk from The Eye, Parliament, Embankment; you really are right in the centre of it all. We stayed as a couple but had such a great time we cannot wait to return with our children.

Room Tip: It is worth paying the extra for a suite or room with a view on the 10th floor or above to get a fan...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dr_Marc_B,

Fantastic to read that you could not have had a nicer experience!!! I do hope your wife had a birthday to remember and enjoyed the upgrade to one of our luxurious Junior Suites! We cannot wait to welcome you and your children soon - maybe you can stay at the weekend so that they can come to our Pizza Class and make a pizza with one of our Chefs!

See you again!

Kind regards,

Emily Abbam

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (677)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

The location of this hotel is great for exploring London - within a 5 minute walk you are right in the thick of it. We were upgraded to a room with a stunning view of St Pauls, the Shard and Canary Wharf in the distance. It was beautiful in the day and lit up in the night.

Our studio was spacious and immaculately clean and even had a kitchen area which would be perfect if you were travelling with little ones. The staff were polite and helpful and although the lifts were slow we were told about this and it did not really effect our stay. We will certainly be back.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 12th floor and the view was excellent. Many rooms have windows facing into the h...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear DrLouB,

Thank you for your review. I am happy that you had a good time at our hotel and that you loved the city view. This is one of my favourites as well!

We hope to see you again soon!

Kindest regards,

East Lansing, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

This hotel has nice rooms and a great location. The rooms were very clean, and the staff was friendly.

Whenever my wife and I go on trips like our last, I really look for hotels that I can use again so that I don't have to put a ton of time into searching and comparing reviews. I have had some hits and misses in my day, but I will definitely save the time next time and just stay here. It's not the Ritz, but it's an overall great value.

Room Tip: I had heard to ask for a "room with a view." The person at the front desk obliged, but co...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Matt J,

Tank you for you review. I am glad that you enjoyed the stay at our hotel and that we are now your new favorite London hotel.

We are looking forward to seeing you next.

Kindest regards,

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed here for our honeymoon, and we couldn't have been happier. It is a 5 star quality facility, great rooms, amazing service. Location is good, near transport, near the Parliament building. The staff couldn't have been more friendly, gave us a free honeymoon room upgrade. I recommend to all, especially the value for the money, as it is not a 5 star price compared to a lot of places, but I would doubt you could find better service. Very please with this hotel!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Justin S,

What a wonderful review! We are very proud of our team that works very hard to always deliver a high level of service, or as you said a “5 star” quality service. Thank you for motivating our staff with such great comments!

We hope to see you again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights whilst visiting the O2 to see Michael McIntyre. Had a lovely stay, rooms nice and well equipped. I requested a room with a view and wasn't disappointed, was able to see the London Eye, Big Ben and Waterloo. Very clean. Every member of staff we came across were very friendly. Received a bottle of wine in our room and even got a free breakfast. Breakfast was nice with a good choice, kept you going all day. Wouldn't hesitate to book here again.

• Stayed October 2012
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
NH2012,

I hope that you enjoyed seeing Michael McIntyre!

I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed the bottle of wine and breakfast. We hope to welcome you back again for a great stay!

Kind regards,

Emily Abbam

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

i stayed with my 11 year old daughter on the 8th sept 2012 as a treat as we went to see lady gaga at twickenham- the location was perfect! My daughter didn't want to leave infact!
the staff were excellent too, so welcoming, nothing was too much bother for them

we personally loved the breakfast as i noticed a negative comment but i can honestly say it was delicious
i am looking to book again in february as we loved it there so much that we want to back for a couple of nights
my daughter especially liked the lights in the pavement outside the hotel- very pretty

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear coleneh_12,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear you and your daughter had such a great time at our hotel. Your positive comments motivate our team to continue with the hard job so as to make all our guests’ experiences memorable.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back on February.

JELLYCATSNUGGLE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

I ened up Being booked into the hotel for business and traveling with me was a friend and my 5 month old baby.

The location is superb right next to london waterloo and a stone throw from the London eye / south bank

Whilst at this hotel the staff fell over themselves to help me. They were very attentive . The whole hotel was spotless the room was amazing - the vie at night was breathtaking

I've worked as a receptionist for a chain of hotels and been the first point of call for customer complaints and compliments : so I know this is a hotel that thinks about the small touches. And I'm sorry I even got on a chair to find dust ( room inspection habit from work) and even high up was perfect - I asked for a baby cot - they got me one straight away , I asked when making room service if they had my fav blueberry muffins and they found me some!!

In my line of work I always found the thing I'd like to have improved was the check out process and people waiting - often they just wanted to ask a question but had to wait along time for my time. This hotel had a manager in reception chatting to guests answering questions and generally making you feel welcome

I couldn't afford to go back to this hotel myself having a young family but if I was to afford it - this hotel would be my first choice either with children or for a romantic break and one day I will be back with my man for a romantic break

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Jellycatsnuggle,

Waoooo what a wonderful review! Comments like yours remind me why I love so much working in the hotel industry. I have shared your review with all our departments in the morning meeting to ensure all teams are praised for their continuous hard work. At Park Plaza County Hall, you – our guest- are the top priority for us; therefore your recognition is highly appreciated.

Thank you for your recommendations!

We hope you will be back for that romantic break soon.!

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Park Plaza County Hall London? Share your experiences!