“Stonehenge, Lacock and City of Bath Small Group Tour” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Tours - Day Tours

Golden Tours - Day Tours
4 Fountain Square | 123-151 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 9SH, England (Victoria)
+44 (0)207 630 2028
Website
Improve this listing
Book ahead on Viator
$67*
and up
Ranked #402 of 1,018 Activities in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Things to see and do in and around London. Sightseeing Tours, Attractions, Theatre, Events and lots more.“Tourism is the only business that actively brings cultures together. It is through experiencing other cultures that we come to understand one another.” With this foremost in our minds since 1984, we have continually maintained our reputation as your local sightseeing experts. We offer a wide range of sightseeing tours designed to bring you the finest tour experience possible. Additionally, we also include a range of activities that have been brought to us from other providers.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 attraction reviews
“Stonehenge, Lacock and City of Bath Small Group Tour”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My husband and I were in London for a short time at the beginning of November 2012 and wanted to see some of the English countryside, the Roman Baths and Stonehenge before our departure. We booked the Stonehenge, Lacock and City of Bath Small Group Tour (22) since it touched on all of our areas of interest and promised “ample free time” in Bath. Overall, the tour was just okay.

My biggest disappointment was the amount of time we actually had at each location. The tour highlights claimed that you spend all afternoon in Roman Bath. In actuality, we had about 1.5 hours of free time at Bath in the morning. I had purchased our tickets to the Roman Baths beforehand, which allowed us to skip the queue, and we still felt like we rushed through the complex and barely saw the town. We then went to Lacock for a walking tour of the village [no free time] and on to Stonehenge for the last 25 minutes before closing. We literally ran around Stonehenge to get as many pictures as possible before the sun went down. I felt like we did not have adequate time to actually enjoy it.

I would recommend that Golden Tours revise the tour description to more accurately reflect the schedule and timing at each location. I would also recommend that they make the pick-up process more efficient so that the tour can leave earlier in the day and make use of as much daylight as possible. It seemed like we waited nearly an hour at the departure point before we were able to start the journey.

On a positive note, this tour provided us with the opportunity to see many historic sites in one day, and we really enjoyed our time at each location. Bath and Lacock were beautiful! Our guide was enthusiastic and knowledgeable, and we learned a great deal of interesting information. I particularly enjoyed the walking tour in Lacock. I would recommend the tour to other visitors, provided they understand the time constraints.

If you are contemplating booking this tour, I would also recommend that you skip the optional lunch. This takes more time away from your limited free time in Bath. See as much as you can and get some take-away food for the bus!

• Greek first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Dover,Canterbury and Grenwich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Loved the tour! even though the weather was horrible the company did everything they could do to make the trip worth it! Special shout out to our tour guide Tony Rendall, great guy, loads of information! Loved all the details he told us about everything!

Great job guys

Visited November 2012
goldentoursUK, Guest Relations Manager at Golden Tours - Day Tours, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for your feedback with regards to the Dover, Canterbury and Greenwich Tour you purchased with Golden Tours.

I am very pleased to hear that you loved the tour despite the horrible weather. I have passed on your positive feedback to Tony who would like to personally thank you for your kind comments.

I hope that we will continue to be your coach tour operator of choice when in the UK.
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Excellent tour, Excellant tour guide Dominic, I took my 8 yr old and Dominic was so accomodating making the hour and a half tour facinating and funny.To walk through the streets of Whitechapel whilst being told the chilling accounts of the Whitechapel murders, was very eerie yet wonderful.This tour is a must if you love history, to see the places the victims used to go, the spots where some were found,to be told the facts of what really happened and the thoughts on who Jack the Ripper really was, a truly amazing experience.Also I loved it when Dominic took us to see a street in London that looked as if it was still in the 1800's with the original gas lamps.
So pleased we went on this tour, highly recommended.

Los Angeles, California
5 attraction reviews
“Oxford, Stratford-Upon-Avon, Warwick Castle”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I had an amazing time, the only reason I'm giving this tour a three stars is because I didn't really see the point in Warwick castle. I would have rather spent more time in Oxford and Stratford Upon Avon, but that's just me. Our guide was knowledgeable was entertaining and really you cant go wrong exploring the UK. A bit of advise, don't book the pre-booked lunch. You only have a limited time in each place and wasting an hour on a pre-booked sit down lunch isn't worth it. There are plenty of places to eat in Oxford before you get back on the bus, which is what I did, or in Stratford Upon Avon. This way you get the maximum amount of time to explore and enjoy the sites.

Visited October 2012
Thank you for your feedback with regards to the Oxford, Stratford, Cotswolds and Warwick Castle Tour you purchased with Golden Tours.

I am very pleased to hear that you had an amazing time on our tour and found your tour guide to be very knowledgeable and entertaining. I have passed on your positive feedback to the rest of our team.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your comments, and I hope that Golden Tours will continue to be your Coach Tour Operator of choice whilst in the UK.
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“WINDSOR, STONEHENGE AND ROMAN BATHS”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

A one day trip to all the 3 attractions - though the trip was on-time arrival and on-time departure, was not very well timed. We just wished they re-timed the tour to allow more time at windsor/ roman baths. Stonehenge didn't really require much time!! Also, the drop-off points could've been reconsidered for passengers staying away from city. We crossed heathrow airport while on the bus, took 1 hr extra to be dropped off at city. Then we had to travel back to airport for another hr. Made us lose 2 hrs for no reason!! Other than that the tour guide Graham and driver John were a delight. They did make the journey pleasant. The price was also reasonable and worth. Overall, I would rate the experience as good. I would definitely recommend anyone to take this tour if they'd like a quick trip to the attractions.

Visited November 2012
Thank you for your feedback with regards to the Windsor, Stonehenge and Bath tour you took with Golden Tours.

I am very pleased to hear that you that you found your tour guide: Graham and driver: John to be a delight. I have passed on your positive feedback to both Graham and John, who would like to personally thank you for your kind comments.

Once again thank you for choosing Golden Tours, and I hope we will be able to welcome you on another one of our coach tours in the near future.