“Fabulous surprise...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of May Fair Kitchen

May Fair Kitchen
Stratton Street, London W1J 8LT, England (Mayfair)
+44 20 7915 3892
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #216 of 18,353 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European, Seafood, International, British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: At May Fair Kitchen, we are confident in our simplicity. Our talented chefs are obsessive about sourcing the finest produce locally and from overseas to ensure that every single dish is served to you with thought and passion. Our open kitchen creates a theatrical dining experience where you can not only taste our food, but feel our passion for it. No gimmicks, no pretence. Just exquisite food cooked and served to perfection. May Fair Kitchen.
Stockholm, Sweden
“Fabulous surprise...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I really enjoyed this restaurant. I was on my own on a business trip and staying at the hotel. A glorious summer evening eating outside watching the world go by. Excellent and attentive staff and a great menu very well executed. A surprise as I am not usually a fan of restaurants attached to hotel......Not cheap though....

Visited July 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of your recent visit to May Fair Kitchen.

I have to agree that now the nice weather is upon us in London, our terrace is a fantastic location to enjoy an excellent meal and watch the world go by.

As you mentioned, you don't normally eat in hotel restaurants but our intention since opening May Fair Kitchen ten weeks ago is to aim to become a destination restaurant that just happens to be in a hotel. I truly believe that our current Trip Advisor ranking is reflective of this.

I do hope you will visit us again soon on your next visit to London.

• Arabic first
“Excellent food and service!! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Amazing experience from start to finish. Mateusz was our waiter on both evenings and made our honeymoon something to remember. Nothing was too much trouble for him. Will be back again very soon...all the way from Edinburgh! The food is out of this world, great set up and you are able to view all ingredients that is on the menu.

Hi Laura

Thank you both very much for writing to us regarding your recent visit to May Fair Kitchen. I am truly thrilled to hear that Mateusz was able to make your Honeymoon so memorable and that you ended up coming back the following evening as well.

We do hope that you and Stuart will come and visit us again soon and I would personally like to wish you both a very happy future together.

Tel: 0207 769 3264
“Amazing experience. Food, service, attention very rare.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My wife and I were staying at the hotel and decided to try the restaurant. Very special experience, from Food (seafood really exquisite and from best locations for each type), to service (our waiver Mateusz was perfect). The best seafood we ever had. Mariana and Rodrigo Guedes from São Pauko-SP, Brazil.

Dear Mariana and Rodrigo

Thank you both so much for writing such wonderful comments about your recent visit to May Fair Kitchen.

We are extremely proud of the produce on our menu and so it is great to hear that you highlight the quality of our food. We really do only source the best quality meat and seafood and in the instance of the King Prawn Skewers - the biggest available.

I sincerely hope that upon your next return to London you will come and visit us again.

London, United Kingdom
“Always fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I always have a fantastic experience whenever I have the pleasure of coming to the May Fair Kitchen. The attentiveness of the staff is brilliant, and they always make you feel welcome and comfortable especially Ndey. The presentation of the restaurant and the food is great, I would definitely recommend.

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for commented on your experiences at May Fair Kitchen. It is great to hear that enjoy coming back to us on a regular occasion and that our staff play an important part in that.

I will make sure that I pass your comments to both the restaurant team and the kitchen and I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Austin, Texas
“Excellent food, beautifully presented, in casual setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I had dinner at May Fair Kitchen on July 2, 2014, and it was delightful. The restaurant has recently been redone, and is light with large windows all along the sidewalk side. Service was prompt and personable, food exceptional and beautifully presented for the price. Fun cocktails. Best of all, this is a very, very nice restaurant - yet casual and appropriate for families as well as singles or couples. A real 'find' for London.

MF K, Manager at May Fair Kitchen, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Sally

Many thanks for writing a review of your recent visit to May Fair Kitchen.

It is superb to hear that you had such a wonderful time and that you would return to us in the future. We are extremely proud of our new restaurant and the feedback to date has been superb.

May we take the opportunity to thank you for your visit and should you ever find yourself in London in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.