“Excellent food and service” 5 of 5 stars

+44 20 7915 3892
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
May Fair Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 17,204 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European, Seafood, International, British
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: At May Fair Kitchen, we are confident in our simplicity. Our talented chefs are obsessive about sourcing the finest produce locally and from overseas to ensure that every single dish is served to you with thought and passion. Our open kitchen creates a theatrical dining experience where you can not only taste our food, but feel our passion for it. No gimmicks, no pretence. Just exquisite food cooked and served to perfection. May Fair Kitchen.
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I headed to May fair kitchen last night with my boyfriend, we had never been there before but some friends recommended it to us and can´t thank them enough.
Loved the place from the first second, the service was so welcoming and personal. Before seating the lovely hostess Rebecca showed us around the impressive seafood and meat display and was happy to recommend a few dishes.
The food from start to finish was beautifully cooked and presented. The langoustines and fillet steak were particularly outstanding and left us wanting for more!! The concept of the menu makes it perfect for sharing.
Our waiter Mustafa was attentive and ensured we were comfortable throughout the meal.
I´ve been living in London for three years now and it was by far the best meal I´ve had in this city.
Thank you so much to the team. We will defiantly be coming back for another memorable meal.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear Irene

Thank you very much indeed for writing such a wonderful review of your recent visit to May Fair Kitchen.

I am extremely honoured to hear that you feel that your experience with us was the best meal you have had in London in the last three years. We are extremely proud of our food, service and ambience and truly feel that we have ticked all the boxes when it comes to new restaurants in London.

I do hope that you will come back and see us again.

Should you wish to make a reservation then feel free to contact me directly and I will be sure to take care of the booking for you.

“It's Vealy good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Friendly staff with food selection boasting everything from succulent veal to fresh fish (all on display). Wouldn't mind tucking in for lunch every day of the week.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear Guest

What a fantastic 'pun'. We do appreciate a good mild hearted pun at May Fair Kitchen so your review has gone down extremely well with the team!

Thank you so much for writing such lovely comments. Its great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

Kind regards

New England
“An overall excellent experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

This is a first rate establishment that is an excellent choice for dinner. I would describe the atmosphere and the food as elegant casual. The menu is mostly a selection of fresh fish, seafood or meats that are then grilled or simply prepared with your choice of sauces. Diver scallops and crab croquettes were outstanding. Filet steak was excellent. Salads, lobster mashed potato and desserts were very good to excellent. Tuna steak was our only disappointment. It was fresh but was overly salty and had a rubbery texture. Service was excellent and very friendly. If you are looking to be wowed and experience unusual flavor combinations or unique dishes this is not the place for you. If you are looking for the freshest - highest quality ingredients simply prepared in a nice atmosphere with excellent service then you will enjoy Mayfair Kitchen.

Visited July 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for writing such wonderful comments regarding your recent visit to May Fair Kitchen.

It really is superb to receive such positive feedback on our new restaurant having only opened around 8 weeks ago. I am pleased that you were also able to identify that we are not aiming to be a restaurant that mixes many different tastes and elements to our menu. We truly believe in the simplicity of our menu because the quality of the produce is so good. We therefore only serve the best quality meat, fish and vegetables from our suppliers in order to make ourselves stand out.

I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to May Fair Kitchen again in the future.

Kind regards

St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Fantastic meal to celebrate my graduation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We arrived and were shown the impressive meat and fish array and then greeted at ours seats with a complementary glass of moet (as we booked through open table). Our waiter Mark was friendly and funny- pleased to recommend me the Jersey sauce with my Lamb and suggested an array of sides to accompany our mains.

Although the MayFair kitchen has an impressive selection of meat dishes (cooked to perfection may I add), my mother had the vegetarian grill selection and it was just as impressive. The presentation made for some good pictures.

I would definitely recommend this restaurant and will be back soon.

If you go try the Avocado and Mint martini and the Cheese cake

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dear Katy

Thank you so much for taking the time to write to us regarding your experience at May Fair Kitchen.

It was great to meet you and your parents and I am extremely glad to hear that my team were able to make your visit a memorable experience.

I will be sure to pass your comments to all of the staff and thank them for looking after you so well.

I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to May Fair Kitchen again soon. In the mean time, congratulations once more on your recent graduation and I wish you the very best of luck with your career.

Tel: 0207 769 3264
“Five star quality, best restaurant in London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

One of the best Restaurants in London, the service was excellent and the staff very welcoming. We had a three course meal, we started with the tiger prawns, the biggest prawns ever and the taste was so good!
Our dinner and desert were five star quality. recommend this restaurant to all. We loved it so much that we are going again tomorrow night!
Thank you to the staff for making our restaurant experience the best ever!
Theo and Joanne

Visited July 2014
MF K, Manager at May Fair Kitchen, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Joanne and Theo

Thank you so much for writing your review of May Fair Kitchen. It was fantastic to meet you both last night and hear about your exciting travels around Europe.

I am extremely glad to hear that you had such a wonderful experience with us at May Fair Kitchen and that you have rated us as one of the best restaurants in London.

Since opening as May Fair Kitchen in April we have been working hard to establish ourselves as one of the best new restaurants in London and we truly believe that with our service, food quality and ambience we are competing against some of the best established restaurants out there.

It is reviews from guests such as yourselves that it helping us to put a stamp in the London market and for that we are extremely grateful.

We look forward to welcoming you back to May Fair Kitchen this evening and I wish you the very best for the rest of your holiday.