I wish I could give The Cleveland a 4.5 instead of just a 4.
In my experience, what constitutes a good business is how the staff handles problems as they arise. There was a missed breakfast the first morning; after informing the front desk, our breakfast arrived on time each subsequent morning. I've been to places where the same mistake happens over and over again - I got the impression that would *not* happen at The Cleveland.
We checked into The Cleveland in the late evening and were given a warm and courteous welcome. Our room, Number 16, was on the second floor, which required either stairs, or elevator and half-flight of stairs. There is an espresso machine available in the lobby - very nice.
Our room was small by American standards, but perfectly fine for two adults. The closet/bathroom/kitchenette are all combined into a modular unit. The water pressure was *great*. The kitchenette provided everything we would need for our 5 nights there.
The view was of the interior space between the adjacent building. As we were only there to sleep and shower, I was fine with that. The bed was comfortable and the room clean. I don't think we heard any outside noise and I only heard (very muffled) noise in the corridor once.
The location could not have been better. The walk to the nearest Underground stations was 10-15 minutes. The walk to Paddington would have been shorter had the nearest entrance not been blocked for station reconstruction. We had to walk an additional two blocks around the station.
While I was there:
I wished there were more hooks - but the lack meant I actually hung things up in the closet, which kept the clutter down.
I wished the stools had been chairs with backs - but the lack meant I could move them easily and they didn't take up much room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cleveland Hotel is an independent hotel in Bayswater combining the services of a boutique hotel with all the comfort and amenities of serviced apartments. Ideally located on a tranquil and leafy garden square away from the hustle and bustle of London the hotel is just a short walk to London's famous Hyde Park on Bayswater Road and Paddington Station offering excellent transport links to Heathrow Airport and London's lively West End. The Cleveland Hotel has retained all of its beautiful Georgian period features, yet each one of our 30 contemporary studio rooms have been beautifully refurbished with the contemporary traveler in mind. Every room is fully equipped with modern kitchenettes, AC, LED TVs, free Wi-Fi and our friendly, multilingual staff, are on hand 24 hours per day offering you all the services of a boutique hotel. We offer our guests complete flexibility, comfort and security making us an ideal choice regardless of whether you are traveling for business or leisure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Cleveland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cleveland Hotel London
- Cleveland Square London
- Hotel Cleveland Square
- The Cleveland London, England