I had booked an executive room to make sure it would be at least a bit above standard. It seems that the standards of this hotel were pretty low, though. I got a below the ground room (!) which stank of cooked food. The decorative cushions were the filthiest I'd ever seen since my days as a student in low-budget hotels and one of the bathroom walls was covered in mould. No decorative fireplace in sight, by the way (which foolishly was one of the reasons I had found the room attractive on the Internet site).
I complained immediately but was told that all rooms were booked so that was my lot! If I were prepared to wait it out one day (during a three night stay) they might be able to move me to a room thta would at least see the sun. They also seemed pretty surprised when I mentioned I had been expecting a fireplace, since they only had two rooms like that. Don't they look at their own site?
To cut a long story short, the room was so awful that I left and had to check into another, unavoidably more expensive, hotel as it was last minute and I did not have time to do a proper search.
My review is based on the one room I saw. If the others are better, just make sure you get one of those.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cleveland Apartments/Hotel is located in a quiet area near Hyde Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Expedia, Otel and Venere so you can book your The Cleveland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cleveland Hotel London
- Cleveland Square London
- Hotel Cleveland Square
- The Cleveland London, England