London hotels are notorious for being small and very expensive. So it was nice to find a place to stay that was still in Zone 1 and close to Paddington and Bayswater tubes, yet at a reasonable price.
This is a great option for families or those who are staying for more than just a few nights because the rooms have a kitchenette so you can prepare your own breakfasts and meals.
Which keeps costs down.
We had a room on the ground floor (number 10 I think) and whilst we didn't get a view (we really didn't need one), this meant that the flat was very quiet. We did get some foot traffic as it was in a hallway that linked the entrance to other parts of the hotel, but it never kept us awake.
The street the hotel is located in is very quiet as it is a no through road (so no traffic noise).
The room was clean and whilst wasn't huge, was enough for us to fit 2 adults and 4 suitcases.
It was perfect for us.
The staff were a standout. The reception staff were always so friendly and helpful as well.
Only warning is that people with mobility issues may find the walk to the tube a little long. It was about 10 minutes to Paddington which was fine for us.
The hotel decor is lovely as well and has a homely feeling and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to stay somewhere a little different in London.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cleveland Apartments/Hotel is located in a quiet area near Hyde Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel, Agoda and Venere so you can book your The Cleveland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cleveland Hotel London
- Cleveland Square London
- Hotel Cleveland Square
- The Cleveland London, England