“Unpleasant and uncleaned.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hyde Park Suites Serviced Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Hyde Park Suites Serviced Apartments
You added Hyde Park Suites Serviced Apartments to your Saves list
13 Iverness Terrace, London W2 3JL, England (Notting Hill)   |
Ranked #463 of 684 Specialty Lodging in London
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Unpleasant and uncleaned.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Well, let's start with the good things. Oh, wait. There weren't good things. There was only one good thing: location and the neighborhood. The apartments (which are over two blocks more or less) are just two blocks away from Queensway Station (where you can take the Central Line) and Bayswater (where you can take the Circled Line). In that sense, it is good. Also, the neighborhood is nice and full of restaurants, a small market (Sailsbury, if I'm not mistaken) and post offices.

Besides that, DO NOT STAY AT HYDE PARK SUITES. First, my sister and I had booked an apartment with two beds. Well, when we arrived at 10 am after a long journey, they told us that we had to wait until 2 pm (since at from that time on check in was available (?)).
When we returned at 2 pm, they gave us a room at a third floor. The building, didn't count with an elevator. So we had to make a big effort and climbed the stairs with our bags. It was not a nice experience at all. It was very tyring. When we finally got at our room, we found that we had a bed for a couple. So we got out the building and we went to the reception (which was in another building) - we had to go down the the stairs again, of course.
When we explained at the reception that we had ordered two separate beds, they told us that they didin't had any left. Since we were very upset, after asking again and again for another room and repeating that we couldn't accept one with only one bed for a couple, at 4 pm (yes, we had a two-hour check in) we were moved to another room in another building.

The second building was prettier, we had to climbed 4 floors to get in our room. And, guess what? Yes, there was no elevator. Again, I had to climbed 4 floors with my bags. And every single day, we had to go up and down four floors to get out of the building.

Oh, another disgusting thing! The cleaning service was one day per week. I stayed for a week in there. Just can't explian how disgusting it was.

Don't go.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Bergen, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I can see the photos of all the faulties from rooms, but this is not what I have in mind, thinking about my stay here.

It was a bit difficult to find the apartment for someone who has never been to London before. The apartment was not too expensive and we didn't know what to expect.
We were happy about the stay and I would gladly go back if I ever go to London again.
The location is good, short way to the Underground, Hyde Park, Oxford Street..

But when I travel I don't stay in my room, check under my bed or in the cupboards for faulties. I only sleep and eat, then experience the city. They had everything in the apartment: washingmachine, plates and cutlery, microwave, sink, fridge.. The water in the shower was hot and we had internet :)

Happy about the stay!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

This hotel is completely perfect for a young couple looking for a good night out in London! The rooms aren't 5 star suites but are exactly what you are looking for, for the price! Perfectly located for a night out!

• Stayed January 2013
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Don't be put off by the bad reviews! I will start with the positives;

The location is FANTASTIC I cannot stress that enough. You're within walking distance of two different tube stations on the Circle,District and Central lines which get you everywhere you need to go! It's only a brisk 20 minute walk to Oxford street or a 5 minute walk to Hyde Park itself.

Another reviewer complained you could not check out early, but this is incorrect. The front desk is open from 9am until 5am, we needed to check out early and they were more than accommodating simply asking us to leave the keys in the room and lock the door behind us. The staff were helpful and gave us the choice of a few rooms as some were on top floors with no elevators. He explained the better room was on a top floor and we chose to take that.

The rooms are what you would expect for the price, clean and tidy but by no means fitted out in the latest of everything. Having said that we had a studio room and it was clear it had been 'done up' but it had everything we needed. The only issue with a studio room is that everything is in the one room! The bathroom had a separate door but because of poor ventilation the room did smell musky after a having showers in the morning and then coming back after a day of sight seeing. We did leave the windows open but it didn't really help.

I will end this by saying if you want hotel quality go to a hotel, but be prepared to pay the price! If you are on a budget and happy to scrimp on these things then this is the p,ace for you! For the cost of this accommodation (the same as a hostel for two people would be) I was really pleased with the quality, service and location.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

No, no, no! Location is awesome BUT no excuse for those old rooms. Not even a lock at the door, dirty sheets and so on.... Reception opens at 9am, rooms available by 2pm. Sad because we arrived at 8am and already 10 more people were waiting in line to check in.

• Stayed November 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Was running a hslf marathon on tje dunday do the apartment 's location was the most important thing.

Beds were clean. Floors dirty.
Shower didn't work properly.
Rooms need freshening up as walls were grubby.

Basement apartment however did have natural light and door that opened on to patio area.

Rm served a purpose. If we were in london for a mini break / holiday would not re bk this apartment.

• Stayed October 2012
Darlington, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We booked a three night stay and phoned to check that I could book check in rather than partner and was told OK -turned up an hour later and my checking in was a problem. I was given key and went to apartment but found that the it wasn't clean beds not changed, bins not emptied etc.
Went back an hour later and it was better, although not at what one would normally expect. The fridge had a broken freezer compartment so ran noisily 24 hours/day- could not get receptionist to acknowledge it was a problem, had to get the shower drain cleaned - not totally successful, had to get another bowl as weren't four.
Was booked in for apartment with one double and one double sofa bed - got 1 double and two sofas that you could sleep on - but couldn't tuck a sheet into. Generally rather disappointing - fortunately weather was good and we spent a lot of time at Diana Memorial Playgroud.

Room Tip: Might as well have a hotel as you won't want to cook