“Just OK is what I would really say” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Lord Milner

You added The Lord Milner to your Saves list
The Lord Milner
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   111 Ebury Street | Belgravia, London SW1W 9QU, England (Victoria)   |
Ranked #437 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Dublin, Ireland
“Just OK is what I would really say”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

As with others, it's a very small facility with either a tiny room or a very big room. I guess they have about 10 rooms in all. The temperature in the room could have been better. It was comfortable for the single night stay but I did have the entire width of the property for my room. They have a strange arrangement for breakfast, as they have no dining room you order and they deliver to your room. Not worth the money, go around the corner and get some yourself in one of the many breakfasts joints. If you are staying for location then I do recommend but get a deluxe room, worth the extra space.

Room Tip: Get a Deluxe Room, worth the money for the space.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Zurich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

The (self-advertised?) 5* rating might be a bit farfetched, as there seems to be a minimum of staff (we met the receptionist, that's it) and lack of facilities, e.g. bar or minibar (there is a fridge with water, though) or luggage storage room - the small "lobby" started to get filled with luggage of guests that checked out already.
Our Club room, located in the lower floor, was spacious, clean and nicely decorated. Obviously it recently received some paint, as we still could smell.
Nevertheless, great price/value and just ideal if you do not want to stick with the usual hotel chains, yet value a decent room. We'll be back.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

Pretty much as above in the tag-line. The Lord Milner is beautifully decorated, but so small. It felt relatively suffocating as far as I was concerned. Although it had a great location I think we would have been better off spending our money elsewhere. We didn't bother with breakfast; we'd already spent far too much on the room for one night, and I'm glad we didn't judging by the reviews below.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

I stayed in the Lady Milner room for two nights on a solo work trip to London. I would have given it an "average" rating but for some significant (but fixable) issues with my stay.

On the plus side:

The hotel itself is well-kept and has friendly service. Also the hotel is conveniently located on a pleasant small street. The Lady Milner room is quaintly decorated in an antique fashion, but with a modern bathroom that was spotlessly clean.

On the down side:

-- If someone is staying upstairs from the room, footsteps and plumbing are clearly audible;
-- The double bed is two small beds pushed together. I know this is normal for European hotels, but I still find it uncomfortable and worth mentioning;
-- The internet service did not work. The codes I was given did not even correspond to available networks, and the house network was barely functional;
-- The shower drainage barely worked, meaning I was standing in ankle-deep water within a few minutes.

Since a decent shower and internet service are pretty high priorities for me, I had to give the hotel a "poor" rating. But the internet and shower issues are fixable. My co-workers who have stayed in the area have also mentioned the Lime Tree Inn and The Orange Public House -- having not stayed at either (yet) I can't rate them, but you may want to consider those as options as well.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Kendal, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

I really liked this hotel and will use it from now on whenever I'm in London. The location is great if you want to access the upmarket shopping of Belgravia and Knightsbridge. I felt very comfortable there as a lady travelling alone and there are several really nice little wine bars and bistros close by where one can eat. The room wasn't huge but was perfectly adequate for a short stay - I was in Plum. It had a queen sized bed and was pleasantly decorated. Being at the back of the property, it was quiet too. The bathroom was small but it had a bath/shower and was spotlessly clean, with nice quality toiletries. Can't remember if there was a fluffy bathrobe or not! I didn't have breakfast (which is delivered to your room cos there's no dining room) but I noticed that it has won awards so I will try it another time.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011 via mobile

Absolutely great stay, location, friendly, clean and comfortable. Thank you

• Stayed December 2010
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011 via mobile

This hotel is advertised as a 5 star hotel, and as we like our luxuries decided to book this, as is looked great, and the location was perfect! Please listen to me and don't bother wasting your hard earned money, it in my eyes would only have been rated as a 2 star, it really wasn't up to scratch. We stayed in the plumb suite and it was pokey and dim. We couldn't open any of the windows for fresh air, which we hated, as we like to air our bedroom so when we go to bed it seems fresh and clean. We had to rely on artificial air con! The bathroom looked ok, but for a 5 star I expected decent toilet roll, and more than 3 drips of warmish, not hot, water to come out of the shower head! Honestly what a shambles, not even have a shower that works well, and pumps out hot water! Last but not least, breakfast. The previous day you have a choice of breakfasts, and a time you would like it served to your room for the following morning. We ordered our 2 full english breakfasts for the following morning, at an additional cost of £14 pounds each, which I thought was quite reasonable. And the time we asked for was between 0900 and 0915. The breakfast arrived at 0920, so was late, but as it was only 5 mins we wasn't too bothered, that was until we saw it and tasted it. It was equivalent to a child's portion, but as we know it's not quantity but quality that counts. It was stone cold! And the fried egg and sausage and bacon was all cooked together in the same pan as it could not be separated, it quite frankly was awful! On checking out the manager asked us if we'd enjoyed our stay and we mentioned the breakfast, nothing else, in the hope that he'd be sorry for the appalling service, and at least apolagise, if not try to appease us with, maybe a refund for the awful food. Instead he smiled and shook his head, and said no more, leaving myself and my partner speechless! We both came to the same conclusion that this was regular practice of the hotel, and very bad management, with no idea how to apply the personnel touch. Would I stay here ever again. . Not in a million years!

• Stayed October 2011

Been to The Lord Milner? Share your experiences!