“great location for shep.bush empire” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Jim's Guesthouse

Jim's Guesthouse
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Jim's Guesthouse
26 Aldine St | Shepherd's Bush, London W12 8AN, England (Hammersmith / Fulham)   |
Ranked #291 of 517 London B&B and Inns
Manchester
“great location for shep.bush empire”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

Booked this guest house purely for its location for the Sheperds Empire 02, not kidding 2 mins away. Tube station 5 mins. Having read reviews I was really not looking forward to arriving. Upon arrival, met by a very pleasent lady shown straight away to room.
Very clean, clean sheets,towels, tea/coffee/kettle all clean. Bathroom was the smallest I have ever seen but shower, toilet, sink all clean, (have stayed in 3/4* in London not as clean!).
You are given front door and room key, so come and go as you please.
Breakfast was not alot of choice but was seved straight away and freshly cooked and hot.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

23 people have reviewed this hotel

USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2009

Extremely small, cramped room, less than 5 feet 10 inches wide. I laid down crosswise on the bed and with my feet flat against the wall separating the bathroom, could not put my head down on the bed. Breakfast was a 200 foot walk away in the other building in a tiny room down in the basement with seating capacity for 12. With a possible 30+ people staying at Jims at any given time, getting a seat for breakfast was touch and go. Breakfast was pitiful; 1 sausage, 1 small piece of bacon, 2 pieces of white toast, 1 egg, and choice of beans or 1/2 tomato. Smallest breakfast I have ever seen in all the B&Bs I have stayed in. No heat at night time. When I called to complain about how cold my room was, I was told the heating system was on a timer, set to be off between midnight and 7:00 AM. Bathroom also extremely small with no shelves anywhere, so had to put my toiletries on the edge of the sink or on top of the toilet. I will never, NEVER stay at Jims Guesthouse again!!!!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
manchester
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2007

I was going to the BBC for two weeks and needed somewhere to stay. Normally I stayed at the Abbey Hotelon wood lane but that was fully booked.

Luckily I had only paid £100 deposit for this two week stay. WHen I arrived, I was taken to my room. I was absolutely disgusted. It was like a hostel. The guys in the room next door were sniffing cocaine and scruffy and so was the hotel.

This place was too scary that words cannot even describe. I just walked out and booked in at another hotel. It just felt to unsafe to be in or around this B&B. It was horrible!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed July 2005, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Somerset
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2007

Web site says West London's finest, safe and comfortable.
It is not. The street is dirty and the area run-down. We started to check in and found the room tatty with a wardrobe no charity shop would accept. The bed was sagging. Outside to fetch luggage, a gang of youths was in the middle of assaulting a woman. Police arrived along with an ambulance. Looking around I was afraid to leave my car parked there. The hotel also claimed lots of on street parking. They did not mention that you have to pay for it.
Decided we could not stay there. Subsequently, hotel refused to refund any of three nights paid for.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Jim's Guesthouse? Share your experiences!