“Great location... but very thin walls” 3 of 5 stars
Review of easyHotel London Victoria

We can't find prices for this accommodation
easyHotel London Victoria
34 - 40 Belgrave Rd, London SW1V 1RG , England   |
Ranked #183 of 609 Specialty lodging in London
Omaha, Nebraska
“Great location... but very thin walls”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

First I'll point out the good things about this hotel... It's in a great location for seeing all the touristy sights and it's very close to the Victoria tube stop and train station. It's also easy on your wallet as we paid roughly $90 a night to stay there - a real bargain for a central location in London!
We booked the most basic room - no window, space just enough for a bed and a tiny bathroom. It was definitely tight for 2 people, but we knew that when we booked it.
The bad thing about this hotel was how noisy it was. We were continually waking up to what sounded like stomping or running above us or the buzzing of the air conditioner. The next night we tried to use a "white noise" app on our phones to drown out all the noise which helped a bit, but if you're a light sleeper I wouldn't recommend staying here or if you do, bring some earplugs!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
SohailKhaliq, Social Media Representative at easyHotel London Victoria, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Thank you for writing review. Indeed as you mentioned in your review easyhotel is centrally located where all the amenities are on walking distance including victorira train and coach station.
thank you once again for your review and we are looking forward to welcome you again.

951 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

I am currently sat in my ridiculously tiny room wondering how the hell I'm going to spend one night here let alone two. The staff are unhelpful to say the least and very rude. The rooms are super-tiny with no carpet or any furniture apart from the bed. The toilet and shower is actually smaller than ones you would find on an aircraft. The water also leaks through the door into the room. The shower has a mind of its own and doesn't provide any pressure. The towels have bloodstains and there is hair allover the bathroom. This 'hotel' is on the verge of breaching human rights, an absolute hell hole. I can't stress enough how terrible this hotel is. My girlfriend and I are probably going to find somewhere else tonight because this place is just disgusting.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to write review. We are sorry to hear that your stay at easyhotel was not according to your expectations. Rooms size and descriptions are mentioned on the website. However if you are not happy with the room given to you or its condition, you can always ask receptionist for the alternatives including room upgrade as we operate with different room types and sizes.
Please accept our sincere apologies and we hope you will give us another chance to show you what we best at.

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

Great, great location! We walked to many of the tourist attractions from our hotel. Close to the Underground too. The room is small, very small. We were looking for a clean, safe and centrally located place to stay while in London and found it here.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Guest,
thank you for your review. indeed easyhotel is located in the heart of city. We are minutes away from victoria underground station,coach station and all major tourist attractions. Easyhotel is easily accessible by 24hours buses and underground trains.
thank you once again for leaving kind review and we are looking forward to see you in the near future.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I along with my wife on leisure trip during the month of September 2012 stayed at this hotel. The greatest advantage of this property is its location. Other positive point is its security system particularly when on week end you enter in hotel late night. Reception staff very nice, polite, cooperative and very helpful. Environment of the hotel is impressive. This hotel is much better than many five star hotels you find in London. We rated this hotel number one during our visit of London and we love to go again and again there. Regards Zubair Joya From Birmingham Uk

Dear Zubair,
Thank you for being a loyal guest and for writing kind words. Your review is a proof that we are successful in achieving what we aim for.
thank you for staying with us and we are looking forward to see you again.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

This has to be the dirtiest, most unhygienic, sweat box of a "hotel" you are ever likely to come across. There is a serious health risk at this hotel as we found blood stains all over our sheets, only to find urine stains and hairs all over the mattress protector. Easy hotel don't trust there staff to offer refunds or I would have been gone, they don't reply to there emails at head office.

I am that appalled by what I found that I am now taking legal action.

Truly believe me, AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for taking your time and writing review about easyhotel.
We are sorry to hear your stay at easyhotel was not according to your expectations. We take each complaint very seriously. Therefore there was an inspection but we couldn't find traces of mentioned issues. However we have tightened our standards as we do not compromise on cleanliness.
Once again please accept our sincere apologies.

wiltshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

The only good thing I can think to say about easyHotel, Vicoria is that it is close to Victoria station. But that doesn't mean it's in a good position, because I have just been kept awake all night by the traffic outside my first floor room at the front. Very poor double glazing did nothing the keep the noise out. I was envious of those who did not have a window!
The double room was tiny. Thank goodness my wife wasn't with me; there wouldn't have been room to pass on the way to the toilet! There is no furniure in the room except the bed. I mean really no furniture! Not even a coat hanger. Two hooks and a mirror. No lightswitch within reach of the bed. The sheet and duvet cover were a greyish white and I seriously thought twice before climbing in. You pay £5 for the TV remote but then don't even get the full range of Freeview programmes,and only two rubbish radio channels.
It was genuinely so bad that I got up an hour earlier than I needed just to get out of the place.
I have no problem with these new style budget "hotels" but this one is bad. Perhaps the owners should have a look at Tune hotels to see how to do it properly at the same price. (I have no connection with them, except as a customer.)
There are lots of much better value budget hotels in Victoria - I use them regularly.

Room Tip: Stay away from the front - traffic noise all night. I was in 123 - avoid!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that your stay at easyhotel was not comfortable. Being part of a franchise, terms and conditions do not allow us to make major changes in the room or facilities we provide. However when a guest is not satisfied with the room allocated to them, they can always ask for the room transfer. Our staff is more than happy to fulfill guests needs as customer satisfaction is our ultimate priority.
Once again accept our sincere apologies and we hope you will give us another chance to change your view about easyhotels.

Madrid, Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The smaller room I could ever imagine was like twice this bedroom size. I couldn't open my suitcase because otherwise I couldn't enter my room. This was a standar room with window. I can't imagine what kind of tin box is a "small room without window". My bed was side by side with THREE WALLS so I know it was around 6" in its BIGGER side... If you are taller than that, you'll sleep touching the walls with your head and your feet :-)

Hot water didn't work in the shower. It had VERY LOW pressure so it didn't throw water... it just let it fall.

There were THREE FOOTPRINTS in the floor.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that your stay at easyhotel was not comfortable. We operate with 4 different room types "Small with window+no window" "Standard with window+no window". Price varies according to room size. If there are rooms available we are more than happy to upgrade if guest is not satisfied with the room given to them.
Once again we apologies for the inconvenience caused and we hope you will give us another opportunity to change your view about easyhotel.

Social Media Representative

Been to easyHotel London Victoria? Share your experiences!