“What a hotel should be!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Haymarket Hotel

You added Haymarket Hotel to your Saves list
Haymarket Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Suffolk Place, London SW1Y 4BP, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Ranked #5 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Dublin, Ireland
“What a hotel should be!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

My wife and I stayed here as part of our wedding anniversary and are so glad we did. The hotel is about as central as you could want, the staff are beyond friendly and helpful, and the rooms are exquisite.
Our room was on the ground floor, but there was no noise from the street. The colour scheme was muted but pleasant and was a change from the standard beige. The bathroom was huge, with a great shower and the bed was the most comfortable that I have ever slept in.
The staff were great to deal with and were as helpful and friendly as could be. They even gave us a small gift the evening before we checked out.
Amazing service and facilities means we will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Very friendly and accommodating staff. Very good service and excellent environment. It was the first time I stayed there and it will not be the last time. The room was large by London standards and had everything I wanted. I recommend this hotel. Thanks.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We stayed here for one night for our wedding anniversary and it was simply fantastic. The staff were excellent from the moment we arrived and took time to show us around. The hotel is quite quirky and the rooms have a very distinctive style which we loved. Our room was spotlessly clean and I mean spotless! and the bathrooms were luxurious - we even had a tv above the bath! We also really loved the toiletries they provided which I think are unique to their hotel. We used the pool in the hotel which had a fantastic feel due to the lighting, plus they were showing the world cup on a massive screen at one end! The breakfast was delicious and far better than any hotel breakfast I have ever had. We will definitely be going back again.

Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We stayed here for two nights for a birthday treat. We were welcomed at the hotel by friendly staff who knew it was my husband's birthday. We had a spacious room on the ground floor a good sized bathroom and dressing room. The room decor is stylish and a good combination of modern and traditional in keeping with the architecture of the building. Different parts of the hotel are decorated in different colours and themes and the pool area is beautiful, you wouldn't know you're in the middle of London. The atmosphere of the hotel is calm and peaceful despite being a 5 minute walk from Trafalgar Square; great location for galleries and Covent Garden. The breakfast was well prepared, good quality and very generous portions - we certainly didn't need any lunch after that. We would happily recommend this hotel and stay again.

Johns Creek, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We loved the Haymarket. I chose the Haymarket for location, size of room and star rating. Service was excellent and lived up to its star rating. The hotel is on a quiet side street, but near all the theater action, Piccadilly Circus, Pall Mall, Trafalgar Square and St James Park and up to SoHo. We were able to walk everywhere.
Most European hotel rooms tend to run small (by US standards).We wanted a large room and I checked room sizes are various hotels. Also, the Concierge Desk was wonderful. We found what we wanted at the Haymarket.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Gothenburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

After having spent a phenomenal stay at the Soho Hotel in 2013, we wanted to try another Firmdale Hotel this year.
Expectations were of course super high and I have to say they were all met and exceeded.
We were fortunate enough to get an upgrade to a Deluxe room and we loved the extra space both in the room and in the bathroom.
The shower was so good you didn´t want to get out of there and the bed was firm (which we love!) with great pillows.
I have no idea how the soundproofing could be so great, but we literally could not hear the traffic although the hotel is just around the corner from both Picadilly Circus and Trafalgar Square.
Location of course is fantastic and we walked back and forth to some world class restaurants every night.
The screening of staff most be incredibly well done at Firmdale Hotels, because both at the Soho and also at the Haymarket, all the staff we´ve met have been very warm and welcoming. BIG plus for the immaculate service and staff.
Of course we will be back. If not at the Haymarket, we might try out the Ham Yard or go back to the Soho next year.
When you spend a bit more on a hotel, you appreciate your expectations being met or even outdone.
If I´d have to leave only two small remarks on what could be done better, I´d say get a stronger wifi connection. It didn´t really reach our room that well, unless you located yourself closer to the door. And, put a soft closing on the doors to the rooms. As I mentioned, we could not hear any traffic at all, but on our last morning our next door neighbour kept opening and closing the door to their room (with a bang) about 10 times in a row (at 7.30am).
Small remarks on a lovely stay.

Bury St Edmunds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Let's start by saying that of all the hotels I have had the fortune to stay in, this is without any doubt the best. I meant to stay one night, I stayed three- I literally could not leave.

I booked in the day with a decent rate and checked into room 214 which is in the Town House off the main hotel, in fact it is next door, although you can access it from the hotel without heading back outside. I was shown up to my room by concierge, up two flights of narrow stairs and feared they had put in one of those rooms designed for 'male single travellers', instead the door opened up to what was effectively a suite. A huge room, dominated by a massive bed and Kit Kemp's unforgettable interior designs, the bathroom was bigger than most hotel rooms with yet another room which was in fact a walk in wardrobe.

I have never felt more at home and at peace in a hotel room and could not believe that central London was just outside my door. Although in London for business, I managed to enjoy a lot of time in the hotel- and just when I thought it could not get better you descend a few floors into one of London's best kept secrets- the indoor pool.

Hotels, and I mean really good hotels know that throwing all the facilities at a place is well and good, but you are trying to create a living space- luxury is not something you can really buy. The swimming pool is proof of that, and what is more it was empty every time I went except the staff manning the poolside bar. The water was crisp and the perfect temperature and the cricket played silently in the background- heaven.

I ordered room service 5 times at all hours, the menu does not change for those whose schedules do not allow normal meal times, and is something that hardened travellers rarely find. In fact I cannot fault the hotel, in any way. It wears it's brilliance with humility, the staff dress smartly and offer immaculate service, but in a way that is both discreet and unpretentious. The firm dale group who own the Haymarket and other hotels in London simply get it. They create spaces and places that invite you stay, kick back and relax.

I assure you I came for a quick stay and had to leave only to go to Paris, i was tempted to cancel and stay for the weekend.

Memorable for all the right reasons and a location that is hard to rival.

Perfect.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Been to Haymarket Hotel? Share your experiences!