“Handy for the o2” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel

Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5 Fairmont Avenue | Canary Wharf, London E14 9PQ, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy breakfast for less
Ranked #74 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
UK
“Handy for the o2”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

We stayed here as we were going to see a show at the o2 and this hotel is perfectly placed to do this, you can see the o2 from the hotel. Room was an ok size but smelt of smoke even though it is a non smoking hotel, beds were comfy and bathroom was a good size. We only used the restaurant for breakfast where the choice was limited but service from the staff was very good. When we arrived back to the hotel there was very loud music above our room so I called reception to ask when the function would be ending and was told it would be at midnight (only 15mins away) and it did end when I was told it would but be wary of this if staying on a weekend. Would consider this hotel again for access to the o2 but overall it was an average stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you found our location to be convenient for your trip to the O2. I am also very pleased to know that you liked our beds and bathrooms, but I am very sorry to learn that you were disappointed because of smell of smoke in your room. Should any of guests not be happy with their room we always encourage our guests to let us know so that we may rectified any issues as soon as possible. In your case we would be more than happy to move the room for you. I am also so sorry to hear of the inconvenience you experienced due to the noise form the conference room, and please accept my apologies for that.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.
It will be a pleasure to welcome you back on future occasions and please do let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Guest Service Team Leader

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Weymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

The PRO'S - We have just returned form a two night stay with our two young daughters..... check-in was great, very friendly reception and helpful concierge/valet parking...we stayed on the top floor (room 725) although not a 'river view' still plenty to see, the O2 is visible and my girls had great fun looking in the offices!!, the suite was amazing, 3 TV's, iPod docks, nesspresso machine, ample space, large bathroom (with TV!) and lots of extra's, having stayed in lots of hotels I was not disappointed and felt it was good value for money! A short walk form DLR railway with access to London very quickly -

The CON'S - Expensive breakfast!!!! such a shame but quite honestly we thought it was a rip off!
Maybe a few little touches for children staying, ie., hot chocolate, little colouring book, just something to keep them happy and if you are advertising to families then perhaps a children's menu - although mine were happy with pizza - just a thought!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your lovely review of your stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel London. I am delighted that you found our suites to be amazing and well equipped. However, I am really disappointed to read that you felt our breakfast was expensive and that the hotel could be more children friendly, we will certainly look into these issues. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience and disappointment caused. I am sure you will be please to hear that we are working on how to make our little guests stay more enjoyable by putting together children’s activity packs and treasure hunt games.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.

It was our pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back. In this respect, you are very welcome to contact me directly to make the arrangements for you or if there is anything else I can do for you.

Bedford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

I organised a reunion party on the 1st March at the hotel. The events manager was fantastic in helping arrange the perfect party. The hotel itself is beautiful, modern and tastefully decorated. The room was clean, the food is amazing, the staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly. All in all a totally amazing experience. Hope to go back soon.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for such a fantastic review. I am very pleased that you chose to enjoy your reunion party at our hotel and I am delighted that you had a fantastic experience.
I am so pleased you found our staff to be exceptional helpful and friendly. We take great pride in looking after our guests and it was our pleasure to be of assistance during your visit. Our events manager is particularly thrilled with your kind comments.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Excellent stay. Very beautiful rooms. The bathroom is what sold it to me. Nice big bath tub and separate shower. Could not eat in the restaurant as did not book in advance but bar area was nice enough. The only downside was the food portion was on the small side. I left still feeling hungry. Overall i was happy with my stay

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and I’m pleased to read such a lovely comments about our bathrooms. They are lovely indeed! I am however; very sorry to learn that you left restaurant still feeling hungry. I am sure if you have let us know at that time, our Head Chef would be more then happy to prepare extra portion especially for you.
I truly appreciate you nice feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Dereham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Really nice hotel, friendly staff.
A free upgrade on arrival,
Great location 5 minutes from Blackwall DLR
A quieter part of town, so not much locally but the Italian just round the corner was good too.

Will be staying again

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to read such wonderful comments about our staff and about the hotel location.
I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

This is such a fabulous location to the O2 ideal for a night away and seeing a gig while there. If you fancy doing some shopping while there and mooching around Canary Wharf it's a 10 minute walk to all the shops and restaurants.
The hotel facilities are great including free wifi. Rooms are clean and decor is modern.
The restaurant had fabulous food with a varied menu, from sandwiches to snack on and main meals and fab puds!

The one thing I found great and will be going back for this the welcome feeling you get at this hotel is the staff. Everyone is so helpful and takes the time to make you feel you have been well and truly looked after.

All in all, this is a fab place to stay and I will be going back anytime I plan on going to the O2.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Guest,
It is wonderful to read your review and I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. Thank you also for your kind words regarding the fantastic service that you experienced throughout your stay, I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the team. I am also delighted that décor of the hotel was to you liking and that the hotel location was so convenient for you.

We look forward to your return and please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any assistance with future reservations.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Very nice accommodation and friendly efficient staff. Room was very comfortable and a lovely bathroom although the water temperature was luke warm but not too much of a problem for us. We had a complimentary high tea on arrival which was lovely and breakfast was included all for the price of £142 which is good. However I chose this hotel as it is 0.5 miles from the 02 and we could see the venue from our hotel room. I had imagined we could walk to and from the venue. Wrong! The hotel arranged a taxi for us at a cost of £18 there and £18 back and which dropped us off some distance from the entrance to the venue. If you are looking to stay here for easy access to the O2 only, don't

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you found our bedrooms to be very comfortable with lovely bathrooms.
Additionally thank you for your lovely comments with regards to our staff I will pass them on to our team.
I was, however, very sorry to learn that the hotel location was not very convenient for you and that the water in the bathroom was lukewarm. I do apologise for the inconvenience that have caused you. I have personally spoken to our Maintenance Manager and I am happy to confirm that the lukewarm water issue has been resolved now.

Thank you again for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian Ne Providence Wharf Hotel, and I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.