“Modern hotel. Great location.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel

You added Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5 Fairmont Avenue | Canary Wharf, London E14 9PQ, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy breakfast for less
Ranked #73 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Modern hotel. Great location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for Valentines day, we got there andthe valet took our car which was nice. The room was lovely we had a superior river view which looked out on the O2 arena. We had a meal in the restaurant which was also lovely. They even put on a singer doing love songs (sounds cheesey but it was romantic). All in all a really good night away and close to the excel where we were going the day after.

• Stayed February 2014
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us on the Valentine day and thank you for taking the time to share your fantastic experience at the New Providence Wharf Hotel. Our sincere thanks to you for your kind words regarding the hotel facilities and the service received by the team and it will give me great pleasure to pass on your comments to my colleagues. I’m also glad that you enjoyed the views over the Thames from your room – it’s very serene, especially watching all the boats and activity along the river. I am also glad the hotel location was convenient for you.
I hope you will be returning to London again soon so that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance with any future booking.

Guest Service Team Leader

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ballerup, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

There are some hotels where you simply expect the best. This one delivers.

I rarely write reviews while at the hotel. This is an exception, but Rad Blu, Canary Wharf is an exceptional hotel, so this review is written from the the bar. Check in is a joy, food and rooms are both to an extremely high standard, and staff friendliness is truly excellent. For example, the standard wifi connection is rather slow, but mention it and you are given- free of charge- an alternative connection. Book a car (I am here for am exhibition at Excel) and you pay standard taxi fares for a limo service.

Nice rooms, excellent bathroom, great breakfast, friendly staff... What more can you ask? friendlier than the hotels around Excel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Wow, Thank you for your fantastic review. I am delighted you found your stay so enjoyable. It is our highest priority to ensure that our guests feel welcomed and comfortable whilst in our hospitality, to hear that your stay exceeded your expectations is extremely rewarding for the whole team. I will be sure to pass on your very kind words to them.

It was our pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back. In this respect, you are very welcome to contact me directly to make the arrangements for you or if there is anything else I can do for you.

derby
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

We had one night here & loved it from the reception ,rooms & restaurant. The rooms were very modern & had everything you needed .The restaurant food was lovely & reasonable price for a London hotel. Car parking was £12.50 overnight charge. We found all staff to be pleasant & very good at their particular jobs. Breakfast was £12.50 each with a very good choice from hot & cold dishes.
The restaurant overlooked the Thames & O2 & there was lovely seating areas to sit & relax. The only problem we could find was not with the hotel but the surrounding area there was nothing in the vicinity & while we were there the Jubilee line was closed. Our daughter & friend had to get a taxi back through the Blackwell tunnel ( nightmare on a Friday night) from the Soccer dome next to the O2 & it cost £16.Loved this hotel just wish there was more in the area .

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel. Thank you also for your lovely comments about our hotel facilities and breakfast. I am happy to read you enjoyed the food at our new build terrace with lovely views over the Thames and the O2. However, I am really disappointed that you feel there is not much things to do or see in the area. The local area has lots to offer - for example there is vibrant Canary Wharf side that is short walking distance from the hotel; the O2 Arena that provides lots of entertainment and the Greenwich that is a world heritage site. When you stay with us next time please speak to our friendly concierge team and they can help you with lots of local information, discuss in-house services, recommend places to visit, restaurants to dine at and a whole lot more.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Just spent 2 nights at The Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf hotel in London. On booking, I was a little worried as price was very good for 2 adults and 2 children, but I have nothing but praise for the hotel and it's staff, especially Head concierge Richard Robson and Annelie from guest services who arranged a superb early morning carry-out breakfast. Nothing was too much trouble for them, from initial check in where our children were given pick 'n mix sweets through to check out. Valet car parking meant no hassle finding a space. The room itself was exceedingly clean, large and tastefully decorated with TV's in all rooms (inc. bathroom!). DLR station was a short walk away, giving easy access to central London with the O2 just a stop away in the other direction. Taking into account value for money, actual accommodation standards, helpfulness / knowledge of staff, this is probably the best hotel I have stayed in in London and will definitely be returning. Oh, and Annie & Paige loved it. Thanks from them and from myself and Donna.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review you had left to share with others. It is always a pleasure to hear such comments also including wonderful comments about our staff.
The Westfield Stratford City Shopping Centre is great indeed and I hope you shopped until you dropped. I am also very happy that you liked our bedrooms; however I am sorry to hear that the room décor was not to your taste.

Somerset
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Googled "nearest hotel to the O2" for a Fleetwood Mac concert and the Radisson Blu came up in the results, just a small matter of a drop of water inbetween!!! Ok, so I didn't realize only the nearest as the crow flies but had a lovely stay.

The check in girls were lovely, nothing was too much trouble, they suggested Westfield Stratford City when we asked for shops not too far away and told us which tube trains to get. On the evening they painstakingly went through all the options of getting to the O2 including ferry and cable car.

Very comfortable plush, modern rooms, the only thing I didn't like was a sort of mesh metal male torso decoration on the wall! Lovely bathroom with poweful shower.

Would love to stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Well appointed room, stylish design, comfy bed, sparkling bathroom. Excellent quality TV, stereo, phone, toiletries, toweling,… Decent gym. Breakfast is very good, but doesn't change, so by day 5 you begin getting bored of the same thing. Check-in and out was very quick and painless. Location on the edge of Canary Wharf means you get to see the Thames and O2 arena over breakfast. It is about 15-20 mins walk to the centre of CW, or the hotel offers a shuttle there in the morning every 15 mins from 6.45 to 9am (be there 10 mins before from 8.15 as the shuttle fills quickly). 6 mins to East India or Blackwall DLR for commuting to the centre of London, or take the number 15 bus from Blackwall DLR which will take you more cheaply but leisurely past some of London's tourist attractions - Tower of London, Tower Bridge, St Paul's, Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly Circus (for Oxford Street and Chinatown).

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you found our bedrooms to be stylish and bed to be comfortable. I also would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the hotel facilities and the local area.
I am also very happy you enjoyed the breakfast at our Scoff and Banter Restaurant and I will be sure to share your feedback with our Head Chef Karim and his team.
It will be a pleasure to welcome you back on future occasions and please do let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Best Wishes
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

The hotel has a very swanky lounge-style decor, our room was big and very comfortable, a big bed in the center of the room, and a huge spa-style bathroom. Details such as luxury toiletries and complimentary bottles of water in the room was a welcome touch, and add to the total experience. Breakfast was served in a modern buffet-style restaurant. The selection was excellent, and the staff was very helpful.

The only con (for some people) would be the location of the hotel. I personally prefer being in a quieter location than a central London hotel, but the area has a lot of construction going on, so it's not very scenic, and there's not very much close by, except for Canary Wharf, which is good for shopping. Being in the financial district, the area doesn't really offer very much to tourists, but it's very easy to get around on the Docklands Light Railway and nearby underground connections.

But all in all, a very good stay, good hotel in a quiet location.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and I’m pleased to read such a lovely comments about our hotel. I am delighted you have enjoyed your time with us, especially a lovely breakfast at the start of the day. I am also very happy to hear your kind words regarding the service you received and I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team. I was, however, very sorry to learn that the hotel location was not very convenient for you.
Thank you again for you nice comments. It’s wonderful to know that you will return to us on future occasions and it will be a pleasure to welcome you back. In this respect, please do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything I can do for you.