“The perfect business hotel IF YOU WORK IN CANARY WHARF” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel

You added Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5 Fairmont Avenue | Canary Wharf, London E14 9PJ, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now & Save Up To 20%
Ranked #86 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Paris, France
“The perfect business hotel IF YOU WORK IN CANARY WHARF”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

The perfect business hotel IF YOU WORK IN CANARY WHARF. Other than that, I would recommend you select a more central option. I was working in Canary Wharf and spent almost 6 months at this hotel. I think this is a very good one: the lobby and rooms have a nice design, they are spacious, clean and beds are comfortable. Room service & restaurants meals were sophisticated & surprisingly good, as well as the breakfast buffet. The sauna & SPA is also very nice. You can have a shuttle service for free that leaves you in the center of Canary Wharf. Last but not least, the hotel staff was very professional and friendly! Much better than other options in the area for the same price…

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Dear Guest, thanks for your great review. As Canary Wharf has lots of business hotels in the area, to be described as perfect business hotel, is high praise indeed. Thank you.
I am very pleased you used and enjoyed the sauna and the SPA department.
Our aim is to offer guests everything they need in their room together with the best access to Canary Wharf via our free shuttle service. I am delighted to read that it worked for you, as a business traveller.
I am also extremely pleased to hear that you found our restaurant and room service food sophisticated and good and I will pass on your kind words to our Head Chef.
We hope you will be returning to London again soon so that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance with any future booking.

Guest Service team Leader

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

My wife and i stayed at this hotel for a weekend break and were not disappointed.We booked through late rooms.The hotel was very clean and the staff helpful.The view when having breakfast of the o2 and the river just perfect.We would definately return there again to stay and would recommend the hotel to friends and family.

Room Tip: Pick a room overlooking the river
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your warm feedback. I am glad that you were happy with your stay with us.
I am so pleased you found our hotel clean and our staff to be helpful. I will pass your comments on to our housekeeping team who work hard to keep the hotel clean and well looked after.
I am also delighted that you enjoyed the views over the Thames from our lovely Scoff and Banter Restaurant.
I truly appreciate you nice feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

The Hotel is really good located if you are visiting canary Wharf or the Exibition Center (ExCeL) in London. It has a great view of the O2 Arena as well.

You are only a 15 minutes walk from Canary Wharf and 4 Stations away wight he DLR from ExCel.

The rain-shower is amazing and fit any tall person under it (not usual for UK). The only problem is that it gets the bathroom floor all wet when you shower... not that convenient.

The room is spacious and well equipped. The illumination of the room was poorly designed. The Spos (high energy consuming as well) make the room feel like in a street at night with spots illuminated and really dark spots. The Free Wi-Fi is quite Fast.

Staff is really friendly and competent. Ready to help in any situation with a smile!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Hotel and for taking the time to write about your visit. I am very pleased that you found our staff to be friendly and competent. I am also happy that hotel location was convenient for you.
I am pleased to know that you liked our rain-shower, but I am very sorry to learn that you experience problems with drain in the bathroom. I have personally spoken to our Maintenance Manager who has is currently looking into this issue. I do apologise for the inconvenience caused.
Thank you also for your comments regarding lights in our rooms. The spots lights in the bedrooms are part of our contemporary design. When you stay with us next time we will be happy to provide extra light for your bedroom.
It will be a pleasure to welcome you back on future occasions and please do let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

The hotel has beautiful views of the 02 arena and surrounding areas. We stayed in a suite which did not fail to meet our expectations with such a comfy bed. It feels like you are sleeping on clouds! Wonderfully relaxing. The staff were welcoming and always attentive.

• Stayed November 2013
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your five star review regarding your recent stay with us here at the New Providence Wharf hotel. Im so pleased that you had such a great stay with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the beautiful views of the O2 arena and surrounding area from our hotel and that you were pleased with your room. I am so pleased that you had a comfortable nights sleep and found our staff to be welcoming and attentive.

If you need any help with future reservations or any special requests please contact me via the hotel and I will be more than happy to help. Thank you again for your kind feedback and I am so glad that your stay was wonderfully relaxing.

Many thanks,

Emma Adams
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

My wife and I held our wedding reception at the Radisson in Canary Wharf. From start to finish it was great. The booking was simple and going forward I was in regular contact with Sheena who was overseeing my event. I made several changes in the run up to the day and these changes were easily met by Sheena and Riyad. The staff were great, really professional and polite. The location was perfect with the dome providing a great backdrop! We were given a complimentary room which was just as good and had the food from the reception waiting for us in the room! Service was faultless! Will definitely be recommending both the venue and hotel to others! The only downside was the parking... other than that... perfect!

Room Tip: Go for the river facing rooms! great views!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Congratulations on your Wedding!

I was delighted to hear that we were able to create some wonderful memories for both of you to share on what was such a celebratory occasion. I was also pleased that you appreciated the level of service delivered by our team here and that you were able to make the most of our location. It will be my pleasure to share your kind feedback with the team here. Sheena and Riadh are particularly happy with your fantastic comments.
I am also delighted to read how much you enjoyed your room and the food. However, I was disappointed to hear about problems you experience with limited car park spaces in our hotel. Due to our location we can provide around 80 car spaces that are use by our hotel guests. When our car park becomes busy guests can use NCP car park that is within 10 min walking distance for the hotel.
I do apologise for the inconvenience cause.

It would be a pleasure to meet you in person in the future, and I hope you will visit us again, perhaps for your wedding anniversary. In this respect, you are very welcome to contact me directly to make the arrangements for you or if there is anything else I can do for you.

London, United Kingdom

This hotel is amazing,
It offers first class service, all the staff are so polite and helpful, can't do enough for you,
I had a lovely room with a great view, I was there on business and found the hotel in a great location, it was so easy to find and the parking was ideal.
The food was first class, the service was fast and room service was excellent too.
I found the bar informal and relaxing - it was nice to be able to relax with a drink in the evening.

Room Tip: Great views from the room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for such a wonderful feedback
The whole team at the hotel is proud and delighted to read your fantastic words in recognition of service you have received.
I am very happy to hear your appreciation the design of our bar. Thank you also for your lovely comments about our food and I am delighted you found our room service to be excellent.
It was our pleasure having you stay and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We always stay at this hotel when visiting the O2. Just a short train ride away from Canary Wharf mainline station (via LDR) with spectacular views across the Thames to the Dome. O2 can be reached by taxi (about 20 mins if roads busy) or by Thames Clipper water taxi. Our room this time (528) was just top notch with panoramic views from the spacious and well equipped bedroom and from the picture floor to ceiling window in the penthouse style bathroom. Just lovely.The breakfast selection is the best we have ever had when visiting any London hotel (and we stay up in the City often), the staff are very helpful and there is now an additional new conservatory extension to the Thames side restaurant which makes the best of what was always an attractive but windy spot! Will be returning just as soon as we can.

Room Tip: All rooms very quiet - river facing have spectacular views. Those facing away will overlook construc...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us when you were in London and thank you for your review. I’m pleased to read such a lovely comments about our staff and location.
The room 528 is truly wonderful, indeed. It has a fantastic view of the river that is stunning especially during the night time. It is one of my favourite rooms in the hotel; therefore I understand why you loved it.
Thank you also for pointing out our fantastic Scoff and Banter Restaurant with great views over the Thames. I am also delighted that you liked our breakfast. We receive many lovely comments about how lovely it is, so pleased you thought that too.