“Not a good 4 star hotel for the money” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel

Save Saved
You added Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5 Fairmont Avenue | Canary Wharf, London E14 9PJ, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now & Save Up To 20%
Ranked #89 of 1,075 hotels in London
Dorset uk
“Not a good 4 star hotel for the money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Are room at the hotel did not contain a luggage rest
2 light bulbs were not working staff should have checked this room before are entering
Television on the small side with poor quality picture
Low powered hair dryer took my wife ages drying her hair having to keep button pressed in
Very low pressure in the shower even though it had a large head took ages to rinse hair
If you are going to this hotel thinking you can walk to the o2 think again as you cannot use the tunnel we had to use a taxi costing £40.00 return in total as we were running late and were not told of the tube
Breakfast £19.50 cold potatoes eggs over cooked plates not kept warm
Valet Parking £12.50 for having it parked at the back of hotel left outside all night
Beds on the very firm side if you like them
One good point staff were friendly and helpful in reception

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
JaneTones, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your time in providing feedback on your recent stay with us. I am so sorry to read the facilities did not live up to expectation. I am however pleased that you found our staff helpful and courteous. I do hope you told us of any problems whilst you were staying.

Firstly, I do apologise for the light bulbs not working and the low shower pressure. Of course this should have been noted by our maintenance and housekeeping teams prior to your arrival therefore I have reiterated to them the importance of attention to detail. With regards to the taxi service, I am sorry you were not told you could take the underground to get to the 02. For future reference this is only a two stop journey and would take approximately twenty minutes.

Please do ensure to contact me should you be visiting the area again as I would love to discuss how we can persuade you to give us a second chance. I will personally ensure you are well looked after.

1,308 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hemyock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This Hotel apparently has been opened about 5 years, it is situated on the north banks of the River Thames right opposite the o2 Arena. It is about 10 minutes walk (not the nicest of walks, shame you couldn't go direct, because it would be half the distance if you could) from East India DLR station with good links to the rest of the Transport network. The Hotel runs free shuttle transport to Canary Wharf at certain times of the day.
We wanted a hotel close to the o2 Arena for an evening concert and this fitted the bill very well. It took us about 45 minutes to travel via DLR to Royal Victoria (that is with a substituted bus link because of engineering work) and then via the Emirates gondola link over the River. That link cost £3.20 when using an Oyster card, excellent value. After the event at 2245hrs, we easily got a taxi back over the hotel, cost £15 plus tip.
The hotel is smart, clean with well appointed rooms, ours was a Superior room overlooking the Thames and the o2. Great size with a bath and shower. Tea & Coffee making facilities in the room. There is a restaurant, bar, gym, spa, none of which we used apart from the bar with drinks seemingly reasonably priced, (£4.50 for a pint) The meals in the restaurant also appeared to be good value bearing in mind we are in London. The staff were very friendly, the receptionist actually taking us to our room on the fifth floor.
I have rated it excellent because it was such an excellent all round stay, however, very minor criticism of breakfast, we have been in well known top hotels many times and the selection with breakfast could have been better, no orange juice, there were others flavours, but Orange juice I would say is the most popular, also, bread wise, only toast or croissants, no rolls or bagels. The Staff were not busy yet I had to ask for a second cup of coffee (small cups) and was bordering on asking a 2nd time, when the waiter arrived. Now I know am nit-picking, but I felt it could have been better, albeit not worthy of downgrading my overall assessment.
It is directly underneath the flightpath of London City Airport maybe about 2 miles away, however, although you could clearly hear the aircraft, it did not affect us unduly and I suspect there is an overnight curfew for aircraft movements.
All in all, a wonderful stay, ideally located and without question would recommend it.

Room Tip: River view, probably more expensive, but worth it.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read your five star rating from your recent stay at the New providence Wharf Hotel. I am pleased you were impressed by the welcome you were given with our reception team making sure you were settled in your room.

As you say, the river view deluxe bedrooms really are worth the extra, with the view over towards the 02 arena as well as the extra space provided. We also offer some packages including a free drink in the bar.

Regarding breakfast, I am disappointed to hear you had to ask for a second cup of coffee in the restaurant. We have in fact begun to put fresh pots on the tables on your arrival now to avoid this problem in the future however thank you for the valued feedback.

I do hope you mentioned to the breakfast staff that you would have liked orange juice or some other bread types as I am sure they would have been able to arrange this for you. I apologise for the inconvenience caused and can promise you this is a one off as we have recently won the gold award for our breakfast from the Quality Tourism Board.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future as I would be delighted to hear from you. Please do ensure to contact me via the hotel should you have any special requests.

Poole, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We booked 2 superior double rooms on Saturday night for a family get together, we got a very good rate so in general good value for money.The situation is brilliant right on the river opposite the O2, close to Westfields plus walking distance to Canary Wharf where we love visiting especially when it is quieter at the weekend so we were really looking forward to it.

The rooms were modern, comfortable and clean (with exception of a dirty bin from a previous guest in one bathroom 711 - yuk!) We would have benefitted from a more generous allowance of complimentary tea, coffee and milk well at least enough for a couple of cups each! I would also like to point out the bottled still water in the rooms was not sealed so I believe it to be ordinary drinking water I do not have a problem with that but did not like the pretence!

Breakfast was faultless,really excellent; lovely crisp white tablecloths and napkins with modern tableware, polite prompt waitress service for tea/coffee/dirty plates.Lots of staff all very helpful. There is a large self service area with everything you could possibly want, all fresh good quality, large choice of cooked and topped up frequently they even cooked pancakes on request so we were delighted and would return for that reason alone!

Unfortunately our weekend stay was really let down by our treatment at the Spa. The spa at this hotel is beautiful and one of the reasons we stayed, we were so looking forward to using it.
My son had booked treatments for myself and his sister as an early mother's day surprise however despite the fact my son had double checked the booking during the week and arranged a late checkout from the hotel, there was nobody available to do our treatments! On arrival my son was overcharged for these treatments and the person on duty did not have authority to refund his money, secondly we were told to change then go and wait in the relaxation area prior to our treatments, it was over crowded, people talking/complaining (we soon found out why!) half an hour after our treatments were supposed to have started my daughter went to enquire what was happening only to be told the therapists could not be disturbed, were busy with extra treatments and no-one had any idea when they would be ready for us! Consequently our treatments were cancelled as we had to check out, we were told to phone in the week to arrange a refund! I felt so upset for my children who had arranged a lovely surprise and they were badly let down by such appalling service, there was no-one with authority to deal with the situation and it was poorly managed this was apparent as there were no refreshments in the relaxation area, they were obviously understaffed and could not keep up with keeping the spa clean/tidy let alone providing the service booked - such a shame and reflects badly on the hotel.

We would certainly visit this hotel again but hope when we do they have sorted out these problems

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
JaneTones, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am so sorry to hear of the problems you had with the spa treatments that had been booked for you. I do apologise for the inconvenience caused however I believe the spa manager should have contacted you to arrange the refunds and any cmpensation that can be offered.

If you would like to discuss this any further I would be more than happy to discuss this. Please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel if I can offer any future assistance.

Manchester, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed one night here due to its location close to the O2. Check in was a breeze and the lady that checked us in was a delight. Very friendly and warm.

Room was modern, clean and the bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was large although I was not and am not keen on the rain type showers they have. Just a personal thing and only a slight grumble. Nice large fluffy towels. There were plenty of coats hangers, some extra pillows and a complimentary bottle of water.

After out concert we returned to the hotel and had a couple of cocktails in the bar. Very nice relaxed atmosphere. We stood at bar to be served but a polite gentleman told us to take a seat and they would take order from us. Cocktails were great.

Breakfast the following morning was excellent. Plenty of choice from cereals, fruits, pastries and hot food. Attentive and friendly wait staff ensured we were looked after.

We were there less than 24 hours from check-in to check-out but I could not fault our stay. very good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your five star review from your stay at the New Providence Wharf Hotel. I am delighted to read you made good use of the facilities in the hotel and I hope you enjoyed the concert over at the 02 arena.

It is fantastic that you enjoyed the drinks in the bar and breakfast in the morning. We have in fact recently won the gold award from the Quality Tourism Board for breakfast which the team are very proud of. I am happy to see this has been recognised by yourselves as well.

Please do ensure to contact me should you have any plans to return to the area in the near future. I would be delighted to hear from you.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Got a fantastic rate for a Saturday night so can not fault the value for money. Clearly this is a hotel designed for the business traveller but was a great weekend option for a concert at the O2.

Location was ideal just a few minutes walk from East India DLR.

Staff on reception were fantastic and were probably the most welcoming and friendliest that I have encountered at a hotel in a long time.

The room was nice although not as good as I was anticipating based on other reviews. The iPod dock did not work and I found the shower to lack any water pressure. That said for the one night these things were not a major issue so didn't really have any impact on the stay. Had I been staying longer I would have advised reception and got them rectified.

I did feel that drinks prices were more at West End hotel levels and could be off putting for non business travellers.

Overall, unbeatable value for money for a good hotel in a great location. Will definitely say here again.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read your compliments regarding the staff at the hotel. I will pass this feedback on as a sure motivator to the whole team.

I am sorry the ipod dock was not working correctly - I have chased the maintenance team to check all of these to ensure no further problems as we did have a previous issue. I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I am pleased however that were impressed with the price of the room and I do hope you will contact me directly via the hotel if you have any future plans to visit the area as I would be delighted to help.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on a Saturday night for a concert at the 02. Great view of the 02 across the water.

First impressions excellent. Very friendly and welcoming reception staff. Hotel well maintained.

Nice bar area. Loved how the coffee was served. Prices targeted more towards the week day business guests rather than weekenders. However, the room weekend rates were excellent value.

Room very comfortable. I did find the bed frame annoying though and the iPod dock did not work.

Nice modern bathroom. Only letdown was a poor water pressure from the rainforest shower.

Only 5 mins walk to the DLR. Good value mini market next to the station.

Would stay again for future concerts.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us. I hope you enjoyed the concert you were here for.

I apologise your ipod dock was not working properly during your stay. I do hope you let us know so you could have it fixed. I will chae this up with our maintenance teams to ensure they are checking these on a regular basis.

As you say, we are perfectly located across the river from the 02 arena meaning only a two stop tube ride or twenty minute taxi journey to get to the arena. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you to the hotel in the near future. Please do get in touch via the hotel if you require any assistance.

Dundee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We took my daughter down to see One Direction play in the O2 and decided to stay here. Rooms are clean and nice enough. Few minutes from the DLR line so convenient for transport. We had breakfast one morning and charged it to our room, it was nice enough, plenty of choose and a buffet style setup.

Had a few drinks in the bar and again this is a nice enough area to relax in.

The staff were the stars of the show, extremely polite and helpful. While checking out, my wife pointed out our breakfast was not on the bill, she was told not to worry about it, that was on them.

On our journey home my daughter realised she has left her hair straighteners, an expensive pair of GHDs, we feared they may be lost but after a quick call the swiftly found them and were happy to post them to us.

I would happily go back, made to feel very welcome.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
JaneTones, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read your enjoyed your recent stay with us. I do hope you all enjoyed the One Direction concert.

Thanks you for your kind comments regarding the staff at the hotel. We are all thrilled to hear your feedback. It is such a great motivator for our continued efforts and I would love to meet you personally on your next visit. Please do ensure to contact me directly via the hotel for any future trips to ensure you are well looked after.