“Enjoyable stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dolphin House Serviced Apartments

You added Dolphin House Serviced Apartments to your Saves list
Dolphin House Serviced Apartments
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Chichester Street, London SW1V 3LX, England (Formerly Dolphin Square Hotel)   |
Ranked #389 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Canberra, Australia
“Enjoyable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Our party of three stayed at Dolphin Apartments for 6 days following three weeks on a tour through Europe. We have stayed in many apartment hotels in Australia & the US and found our apartment more than suitable for us all. We had a two bedroom apt, both rooms with 2 single beds made up us king beds & each with a bathroom. Although the kitchen was tiny it was all that was necessary to cook some home style meals. We found the Tesco express close by but the shopping arcade downstairs was also excellent. Locality to the tube & Victoria station one stop away was excellent. We made good use of the free laundry facilities in the basement and found both breakfast and the restaurant adequate - when we felt like going down for meals rather than cooking our own. Service was great, when we needed additional bedding, due to illness, we got a roll away bed and reception organised storage of our luggage after checkout until we needed to go to Heathrow. They also suggested and organised an efficient, economical driver to Heathrow for us. With respect to other comments about air conditioning, we must admit we did not even notice there was no air conditioning. It was so lovely to be able too leave the windows open - our rooms (4th floor) overlooked the courtyards. We will definitely stay here when in London again :-)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Exeter, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We are a senior couple from New England. Booked our room several months prior; had never stayed at Dolphin house previously. The apt we were assigned was large, clean and comfortable, but lacked closet space, particularly in the large bedroom. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful, and showed us alternate apts; we chose one and they moved us with minimum effort on our part.
The apts were serviced regularly; requests to the staff were handled rapidly. The facility has a great swimming pool for relaxation. Tube station 2 blocks away; Tesco food shopping close by (we breakfasted and snacked in the room). We definitely plan to return!

Room Tip: One bedroom executive suite was great, but regular one br is not much smaller.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed at the dolphin house last summer for a week with my teenaged son and mom and husband. The apartment was superb, street view, comfortable, with a kitchen(not that we were looking to cook on a holiday)and very close to all the attractions. Great location, very friendly and helpful staff. The breakfast was amazing. I'd recommend it to all my friends. By the way, had a gym,pool etc. but didn't have to use them since we were far too busy sightseeing. Had a small supermarket, laundry etc. flies by.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

A total con. I booked a studio apartment - I was working in London and needed a good night's sleep but I did not get this because of the VERY noisy air conditioning unit over the pool and the restaurant right outside my window. I complained the following morning but the receptionist was not interested at all and just laughed at me. The Americans behind me were outraged and shocked by this level of 'service'!
Ironically, when I returned home I received an email asking me for my opinion because ''feedback is of the utmost importance to us'. Like Hell It Is! I gave you my feedback in person but you were not interested.

Do not believe what it says on their website. The rooms are not all as beautiful as those in the photographs - mine was shabby and contained the cheapest cheap furniture and the walls were grubby and the choice of water temperature in the shower was either scalding or even more scalding - which meant, like many people who've reviewed this terrible accommodation - that I couldn't have a shower.
The following morning I had breakfast in the restaurant and I was ignored by the waiters. I helped myself to a bowl of cereal and left. At no time did they acknowledge me and come to take my order. Appalling.

From the reviews which unfortunately I read after my stay, it appears that not all the rooms and not all the staff here are of the same standard and it's up to luck as to whether or not you get a good room or a rubbish room and whether you get excellent service or poor service. Well, luck wasn't on my side in either case on this occasion. I got a terrible, noisy room and no service whatsoever.

There are better hotels in this area of London who really do care about their customers. Stay there instead.

And interestingly, this hotel is registered in Jersey. Tax haven? Says it all really.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room you are going to get BEFORE you pay any money. Once they have your money they do...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
WayneMortensen, Assistant Manager at Dolphin House Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Sunnyshine29,
I am so sorry to hear that you did not experience the high level of service the vast majority of Dolphin House clientele enjoy. I would still very much like to personally address the issues you encountered and would therefore appreciate it if you could reply to the private message I have previously posted.

I can assure you all feedback is appreciated, and I was most concerned to read of the issues you experienced during your stay. At Dolphin House we pride ourselves on the standards of product and service we provide, which makes it all the more disappointing to read that we did not meet your expectations. I am very sorry that your experience was not as positive as that of others on this site, and the errors in the service you received were indeed unacceptable. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused and my assurance that I have personally addressed every single point you raised with Reception and Restaurant managers. Again, it would be helpful if you could contact us as we no record of these incidents occurring.

With respect, there are a few points regarding our product that I feel need clarifying: all apartments are furnished to the same high standard. None of our apartments contain “the cheapest cheap furniture” In point of fact, all apartments are furnished with pocket sprung hypnosis beds, of a similar quality found in leading five star properties in London. Indeed, we routinely receive wonderful feedback about the quality of our beds, and apartment decor.

The photos on the Dolphin House website, and indeed this website are in no way misleading. Whilst the photos have been professionally taken, they are an authentic representation of our product; and I believe consistent with the photos posted on this site by fellow reviewers.

Finally, I can assure you we are not operating as a ‘tax haven’ – Dolphin House is a legally registered company operating in full compliance with the relevant authorities.

Wayne Mortensen
Redhill, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

This has got to be one of if not THE best place i have stayed in London, My wife and i travel to London to take in a show etc quite a bit. The staff go above and beyond to ensure a comfortable and pleasurable stay. The reason for the stay this time was my wifes birthday. At very short notice the staff arranged for a Bottle of wine, rose and chocolates to be in the room for us on arrival. They also printed out a personal Birthday message for my wife. We have stayed here before and both times the staff and facilities were above our expectations, so much so both my wife and i have decided that on our trips away to london Dolphin House will be our choice everytime. Comparing prices of a travel lodge etc Dolphin house is slightly more but very much worth it.
The level of politeness and courtesy shown by ALL staff is a quality that is sadly lacking in a lot of places nowdays.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
WayneMortensen, Assistant Manager at Dolphin House Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for choosing Dolphin House and for taking the time to write your review. We were delighted to be able to play a small part in your wife's birthday celebrations. I will feedback to the team your wonderful comments. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind Regards, Wayne.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Reception staff were friendly and helpful. Room average size, but good facilities. Never saw the pool, but wish I had as not many hotels in London have a pool. Easy to find if u use maps on phone. Only 15 mins from Victoria Street

• Stayed June 2013
MsRitaFerreira, Guest Relations Manager at Dolphin House Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for choosing Dolphin House and for taking the time to review your stay. We are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay. It is a shame that you did not get the chance to try our swimming pool during this visit. It is particularly flattering to know that you found our front desk team friendly and helpful. We look forward to welcome you back soon; in the meantime please do contact us if we can help you further. Best Regards, Rita Ferreira
Beavercreek, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Limited accessibility
~ My family and I had to walk 4 blocks to get tiny grocery store which sold very few items. We are a fresh produce kinda family, and they only had frozens and or disgusting looking produce.
Bad Placement
~It took us a few minutes to find the hotel. You cannot find it because it has only one sign.
Horrendous Service
~ I was more than dissatisfied with the customer service. The lady at the counter gave us no information, and she gave a tone with us when we asked if she could please explain where the washing machines are. The staff was horrible, minus the guy downstairs who was in the tiny shop who had a toothache. He was very very helpful.
No Air Conditioning?!
~ It was terribly hot and there is no air conditioning? What a joke. All we get is "oh, it's not our problem, and we don't advertise it so Oh Well :). " kinda thing.

You can get a free breakfast, air conditioning, and better kitchens at another hotel that is much cheaper that is actually in a good place.

Room Tip: Don't waste your time here. You can get actual air conditioning at another hotel and no snobby s...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
MsRitaFerreira, Guest Relations Manager at Dolphin House Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following to your recent stay. We do take great pride in our product and work hard to provide the best possible guest experience - so I find it very disappointing to hear that you did not have an enjoyable stay as opposed to the majority of our clientele.
With the very greatest of respect there are a number of facts I do feel need clarifying: in Dolphin Square we have a concept of Village living as we offer a great range of services within the same complex, having our own green grocers on site is one of the services offered, you have mentioned that you had to walk 4 blocks to get a grocery shop, well alternatively to our own shop located on the Shopping Arcade there is a Tesco Express five minutes away in Lupus Street and a large Sainsbury’s ten minutes walking in Wilton Road I believe they offer quite a variety of products within a short walking distance. Secondly as far signage is concerned, on Chichester street there is nothing else but Dolphin Square on one side of the road and the Pimlico Academy on the other side, we provide the post code and map on our website to assist guests finding us, I am sorry that you have experienced difficulties in finding us.
I am extremely disappointed to hear that you are dissatisfied with the customer service, it is certainly not up to the standards that we pride ourselves with please rest assured that your comments have been passed on to the team. With regards to the air-conditioning it is a fact that we do not have it in the building and for this same reason you will not find it advertised on our website or in any other websites that we work with, alternatively you are able to open the windows and we do provide portable fans in every apartment, for instance and if I may suggest if this amenity is essential for your stay than it should be considered on the time of booking when going through what each property has to offer and makes you decide where to stay.
Finally, I do agree that you can find a different accommodation that suits better your needs, every person's taste and needs is different however I do wish to stress that Dolphin House is not an hotel, our apartments are much spacious and provide in room facilities that you will certainly not find in any other hotel for this reason we are classified as Serviced Apartments. Once again I am very sorry that your experience was not as positive as that of others on this site but thank you for sharing this with us. Sincerely, Rita Ferreira

Been to Dolphin House Serviced Apartments? Share your experiences!