“Great place for a family with kids!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Trip Advisor - 10% off
Ranked #362 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Sofia
“Great place for a family with kids!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Well, first of all thank you - all the people working there... This is not a hotel, it is a place that you feel yourself like home, especially if you are with kids (7 / 4 y.o). Bus station is just across the street and Hyde park - about 30 min. walk. Stayed at the family room end of March '13 - everything was just like in the company website. And the staff is really friendly, especially for the kids!

102 steps are there Craig, leading to our room. Counted them twice :)))

Thank you all and hope to see you soon!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
handandflowerW14, General Manager at Hand and Flower Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review, we're so pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay here with us and look forward to you returning in the non too distant future!

102 steps.... are you sure, that seems like an awful lot of stairs. I guess you can check again on your next visit!

Kind regards

Lee Walton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Stroud, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

My wife, two daughters (aged 7 & 3) & I have just spent two night on a short break to London and I can't recommend the Hand and Flower highly enough.
Before travelling, we spent a long time on various websites trying to choose the right hotel and after speaking on the phone to Craig at Hand & Flower regarding a few queries and reading other reviews, we decided to stay there. What a fantastic choice it was; I have stayed at many hotels in London and always approach our capital city's hotels with some trepidation, normally staying in large "branded" chains with indifferent staff. Hand And Flower is a real breath of fresh air.
We were greeted by Craig & Joyanna (I hope I've spelt this correctly) who were both very friendly and welcoming. We were kindly allowed to check in early and were taken to the family room, named "The Lovatt". Our room was simply lovely. We had a Queen sized bed and two single beds for the girls all of which were sumptuously comfortable, with lovely bed linen & towels laid out. There was an en-suite, and in a nod to Hand & Flower offering that little bit more, we had a BOSE i-Pod dock, Smart TV & PS3 which, although unused, would have been handy if the weather was poor.
We ate at the Hand And Flower both evenings and the range of beers and wines were really, really good. The food on both nights was fantastic and although they do not have a childrens menu as such, they were perfectly happy to serve/split an adults portion onto two plates for my daughters. Although we were, in essence, eating in a bar; the atmosphere was never rowdy even during the football match on TV and at no stage did I ever feel that it was an inappropriate place to be with my children. There was always a good choice of varied music playing in the background appropriate for the mood/time of day which gave Hand And Flower a really nice "mellow vibe".
Breakfast's were fantastic with a menu to choose from (ours was included in the room price) and you could have continental breakfast, cereals, or cooked breakfasts......or both should your appetite deem it necessary.
In terms of location, it's great. It's about a 10 minute walk to Kensington High Street Underground and from there the Natural History Museum, Buckingham Palace etc are only a two or three stops away and as such it's really easy to get around London. We went
In summary, what a fantastic place to stay. You could not ask for a nicer room, food or friendlier, accomodating hosts in Craig & Joyanna. I have always seen visiting London as a bit of a chore but this is the first time that i've actually enjoyed it and very central to that enjoyment was the quality and hospitality offered by Craig and his team at Hand & Flower. Without a doubt, we will return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
handandflowerW14, General Manager at Hand and Flower Hotel, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out to leave us a review on tripadvisor. I enjoyed reading your feedback and will pass your kind comments onto my team.
I look forward to welcoming you back to The Hand and Flower in the near future.

Newbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Myself and my girlfriend stayed for a trip to the Apollo. We were greeted at the bar by the friendly staff and booked in. Then taken to our room The Sully, as soon as we opened the door we knew we had booked somewhere great. The room was massive,lovely and light & with a king size bed, it was like sleeping on a cloud! The ensuite was massive aswell with a bath & shower. It was beautifully tiled and spotless. In the morning we went down to the bar area for breakfast which was superb and we were really spoilt by the staff. One of the best rooms we've ever stayed in & will be definetly staying again.

Room Tip: Go for the Sully room you won't be dissapointed!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your great review. It’s always good to hear that we are getting it right. We have a great team hear at The Hand and Flower and work hard to make everyones stay as enjoyable as possible. I have passed your comments onto my team and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Telford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying here for a few nights with our two girls, age 6 and 11. I had read all the past reviews and despite some 'odd' past negative reviews we were still happy to book here. Unlike others we found the nearby station always to be open (our stay was Tuesday to Thursday) with a little help from a 'Tube station ' app we easily made our way around the many sights of London.

Yes, there are lots of stairs to get to the room, but in the context of a London trip where one spends a lot of time up and down the stairs of the Underground, they really weren't an issue. Breakfast was lovely, with the chef quite happy to make my daughter's fried egg face with bacon smile each morning. The staff were happy to deal with all requests that we made. They do not keep the hairdryers in the rooms because people were stealing them!! but happily produce one on request. The room had a heater which could be controlled by the occupier so the room was warm to out taste. There were plenty of power points to use to charge various items and even a Play Station for the children.

All in all this room was ideal for families and an ideal base for sight seeing in London.

Room Tip: Ask for a hairdryer upon arrival to save time :)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review. It's always a pleasure to hear that people enjoyed their time here at The Hand and Flower and especially when the little ones also come to visit, i hope they enjoyed the playstation and that it allowed you a little rest bite from all the hustle and bustle of London

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed here for one night for business and found the hotel very enjoyable. The room (we stayed in "Marmaduke", which has a double bed and is on the top floor) was great. A comfy bed, beautiful bathroom with a bath, coffee&tea facilities and basically everything you could wish for in a room.

The rest of the hotel is also great, although we were a bit disappointed with the cafe/restaurant, which - although it looks wonderful - closes at 23:00 at a Thursday night and doesn't serve any food after 22:00. Fortunately for latecomers like us, there are some other dining options nearby which serve until midnight. Continental breakfast is included in the price and comprises of toast, butter, jam, sweet rolls, some apples, orange/apple juice and coffee/tea. At extra cost it is possible to order English breakfast, eggs Benedict, etc. Besides from porridge with honey there was no vegetarian option. We were pleasantly surprised when we found out we did not have to pay extra for the eggs and bacon we had ordered besides our continental breakfast.

The hotel was perfectly located for us, but the fact that it's right next to a train station (Kensington Olympia) is a bit misleading as we found that almost no trains passed through there and were forced to take the tube anyway. No problem of course, as it's only a 10 minute walk to the nearest station, but something to consider before booking.

The hotel does not have any European plugs available for its guests.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I stayed here for a conference taking place at the Olympia conference centre, and the location could not have been better. 1-2 minutes walk from my rooms to the conference centre. Great!

The room itself was lovely, really spaceous with big comfy bed and a lovely bathroom with a bath tub. So far - excellent! Yes, there are stairs and no elevator, so if you have a heart problem and lots of bags it may not be the place for you. Worked fine for me.

Breakfast was adequate with yoghurt, cereals, pastries and cooked options. I ordered scrambled eggs the first morning, but they were not very nice (white and undercooked), so I stuck to toast and yoghurt on day 2.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Having the check-in desk at the bar is a little awkward, particularly if you arrive at night, like I did, but not really a problem.

My only reasons for not giving this a "Very good" are: The room was pretty cold, and I could not find a heater. I have to say that I did not contact "the reception" about this issue as I was very ready to go to bed and already in my PJs when I noticed just HOW cold it was, but I had to wear an extra sweater and socks in bed to get some sleep. Also, I had a corner room (lovely view!) and that meant that there was traffic on both sides, and even with good sound insulation it was quite noisy. If you are a light sleeper, like I am, bring earplugs and expect to be woken a couple of times during the night. Hammersmith road is quite busy.

So - all in all: a lovely place to stay, and very conveniant for Olympia conference centre, but a little too cold and noisy. Also - a bit far from an underground station, so take a taxi if you have lots of luggage with you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

The room ..is not a suite on the top floor ///62 steps with heavy luggage and no assistance .. It is nothing like the photos ...no table , no kitchen, no where to put food . The room states to be for families .If I had my children with me i would have jumped out of the window. Ony I couldn't get to it . The main bed was comfortable but with two extra beds shoved in an alcove it is far from the SUITE. Whe I asked about this it was skirted round with ..but we are Full: a nyway apart from almost passing out the room is a long way up ....no phone , no power points in . no hairdryer ...Advertised as a LUXURY sute .....NOT AT ALL..nice but for the same money I could have stayed at the Hilton and been looked after and had better facilities.\\some of the staff are friendly Just dont' ask for early breakfast or anything different .HIghly priced

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hand and Flower Hotel? Share your experiences!