“Lovely rooms close to the Olympia conference centre, but some problems..” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hand and Flower Hotel

Special Offer
Trip Advisor - 10% off
Ranked #339 of 1,062 Hotels in London
Norway
“Lovely rooms close to the Olympia conference centre, but some problems..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I stayed here for a conference taking place at the Olympia conference centre, and the location could not have been better. 1-2 minutes walk from my rooms to the conference centre. Great!

The room itself was lovely, really spaceous with big comfy bed and a lovely bathroom with a bath tub. So far - excellent! Yes, there are stairs and no elevator, so if you have a heart problem and lots of bags it may not be the place for you. Worked fine for me.

Breakfast was adequate with yoghurt, cereals, pastries and cooked options. I ordered scrambled eggs the first morning, but they were not very nice (white and undercooked), so I stuck to toast and yoghurt on day 2.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Having the check-in desk at the bar is a little awkward, particularly if you arrive at night, like I did, but not really a problem.

My only reasons for not giving this a "Very good" are: The room was pretty cold, and I could not find a heater. I have to say that I did not contact "the reception" about this issue as I was very ready to go to bed and already in my PJs when I noticed just HOW cold it was, but I had to wear an extra sweater and socks in bed to get some sleep. Also, I had a corner room (lovely view!) and that meant that there was traffic on both sides, and even with good sound insulation it was quite noisy. If you are a light sleeper, like I am, bring earplugs and expect to be woken a couple of times during the night. Hammersmith road is quite busy.

So - all in all: a lovely place to stay, and very conveniant for Olympia conference centre, but a little too cold and noisy. Also - a bit far from an underground station, so take a taxi if you have lots of luggage with you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

The room ..is not a suite on the top floor ///62 steps with heavy luggage and no assistance .. It is nothing like the photos ...no table , no kitchen, no where to put food . The room states to be for families .If I had my children with me i would have jumped out of the window. Ony I couldn't get to it . The main bed was comfortable but with two extra beds shoved in an alcove it is far from the SUITE. Whe I asked about this it was skirted round with ..but we are Full: a nyway apart from almost passing out the room is a long way up ....no phone , no power points in . no hairdryer ...Advertised as a LUXURY sute .....NOT AT ALL..nice but for the same money I could have stayed at the Hilton and been looked after and had better facilities.\\some of the staff are friendly Just dont' ask for early breakfast or anything different .HIghly priced

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for Olympia thought the staff and service were very good breakfast was the best we have had
Bed was very good and room clean but we were on the top floor there were 62 steps !! Keeps you fit anyway

• Stayed September 2012
Galway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I flew over from Ireland and stayed In the Hand and Flower for a night along with friends. We were going to a gig in Sheperds Bush. After a long day of planes, trains and automobiles, we arrived at the Hotel. We planned on checking in, have a quick drink and off to the gig. We arrived at 7pm and the check in desk was at the bar, beside the entrance to the kitchen and we felt like we were just getting in the way. While the rest were checking in, I ordered some drinks. I came across the rudest bar girl I ever encountered. Let’s just say she dropped my change on the floor for a finish.

The following morning I came down for breakfast. I asked if it would be ok to bring my wife’s breakfast up to the room as she was 6 months pregnant and needed the rest. That was ok. I proceed to eat mine and brought her breakfast upstairs when I finished. After about 10 minutes, the same lady that I spoke to at breakfast knocked on the door and with a raised voice told me we should have checked out 10 minutes previous.

Apart from staff, the rooms are really nice. First impressions last....unfortunately for them

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

What a lovely stay we had here, only one night though. We stayed in the family room which was lovely, two single beds and a king size. The room even had a playstation for the kids :) Really clean and the staff were super friendly and helpful. Breakfast was fab and even sorted out the kids dippy eggs and soldiers for them. The only slight downfall was the four or five flights of stairs we had to climb with tired kids and they aren't really close to a tube station, but the hotel itself was great - def recommend!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Although quite a walk from the nearest Tube Stations, there are plenty of bus links to all areas. I made the mistake of thinking that I would be able to connect easily to Olympia, but found out that the rail service is extremely limited during the week - as a previous reviewer has pointed out, Olympia would have been perfect as it is opposite the hotel. So the hotel is generally convenient for travel around London. The hotel staff are great; good breakfast service, excellent bar service and all staff were helpful and kind. The rooms are quirky and pretty, although less well-equipped than other rooms I've had in other hotels. There was a hanging rail rather than a wardrobe, for example, and the shelves on the wash basin and above the toilet were dangerously sloping! However, these small details aside - the Hand and Flower is a good place to stay in a very interesting part of London - beautiful Holland Park and trendy Notting Hill are only a stones throw away. I stayed three nights and would certainly return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here as we wanted somewhere near Olympia exhibition hall. It is literally opposite so perfect. Bar is buzzing after any show with a great atmosphere. Rooms were lovely aswell. Breakfast was amazing with table service. Staff were superb. Would highly recommend for business trips.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Hand and Flower Hotel? Share your experiences!