“Fantastic stay and would definitely stay there again :)” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Trip Advisor - 10% off
Ranked #343 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Sutton Coldfield, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic stay and would definitely stay there again :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We have recently come back from a 1 night stay and have had a wonderful time at this hotel. We are a family of four and stayed in the family suite which was very clean and very comfortable. We arrived early to leave our luggage but was told the room was ready for us and allow to make use of it and upon departing the staff were more than happy to allow us to leave our luggage again. This was a real bonus. The only downside I would mention is that the room got very hot even though there was a fan provided, but this would not put us off staying there again. We heard no noise from the bar downstairs and found the staff extremely helpful and very polite. The food in the hotel was very nice indeed, along with the pleasant surroundings. Got a great deal which was good value for money.

Room Tip: The Kensington Olympia tube is only open at the weekends and Bank Holidays.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We recently stayed at the Hand and Flower for 1 night during the Olympics and found the whole experience fantastic from start to finish. We arranged to arrive before the check in time expecting to leave our bags then come back later but the staff had the room ready and were more than willing to show us to our room during the busy lunch time period. We arrived back after a busy day at the Olympics and had an evening meal there which was elegantly presented and of the highest quality.

The whole pub had just gone through some refurbishments and you could still smell the new gloss paint (not in a bad way) and the twin room we had had been decorated to a very high standard. Excellent en-suite facility's with a bath and shower, free Wi-Fi, T.V, ipod docking station, tea and coffee machine all made our brief stay a very enjoyable one.

On a weekend there is a tube station 100 yards away and we saw regular buses for Kings Cross going up and down the street.

Breakfast in the morning was one of the best I have ever tasted (and I enjoy a good breakfast!) and nothing was too much trouble for the staff.

Well worth a stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

I stayed here for 4 nights room 7 top floor, i did not find the stairs a problem. The room was decorated lovely & very spacious for London Accommodation. Could not fault the breakfast at all with many choices, mine being full english. The only faults i could find & this is probably being picky is i could of done with a hand towel for my hair as you only got a bath towel, you have to keep windows shut at night as the traffic from the main road can be a little noisy but slept like a baby once shut. Would really recommend staying here to discover London as great value and friendly staff. I will stay again on my next trip to London.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Port Talbot
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Booked a double room and paid about £95 for it. This judgement is based on the price I paid for the room in this area.
Positives: The room itself was a decent enough size with an en-suite bath / shower. I have paid more for hotels with smaller rooms in the area. Room was nice and clean, which is top of my list of "musts". Tea/coffee are provided. Full english breakfast is provided and gets you off to a good start to the day
Negatives: No soap in room, only shampoo (think this was an oversight). No hand towels or floor towels. No lift may cause a problem if you struggle with stairs.

Pub downstairs was decent enough.

One word of warning though...but nothing to do with the hotel. I parked in the NCP in the Hilton Olympia, approx 50m away. As I arrived at 6.30 PM I had a deal where it would cost £11 to park if I left before 9AM. I got there at 9.15, and was told it would cost £35!!!! It took the guy a phone call to reduce this to a more reasonable £15.

I will definitely stay in this hotel again, but will ensure I'm collecting my car before 9AM

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Exeter, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

Booked this as many of the reviews seemed ok and close to Olympia - up 2 very large flights of stairs and one of our party had a bad back. Would have been good to know access is for fit people only. First impressions on rooms (we had 4) was wow - this looks amazing - however on closer inspection it looked like they had spent a lot on the refurb and then not bothered with the day to day management of it.

My towels were dirty - they smelt like they had been dried and not washed - that horrible unwashed towel smell. When I complained they said they did not understand as all towels went to the laundry. They did however change them.
The beds were comfortable and the rooms are decorated very nicely. The bar staff were very pleasant.

In Room 4 - you can't fully turn the hot tap on as it is too close to the wall and won't turn more than 90 degrees.
In Room 3 half of the tap handles had fallen off and there was no plug in the sink.
In room 2 - the bathroom is tiny and not really suitable for anyone who is larger than a size 12

Breakfast was very good but very slow - took 45 minutes from order to food - and there were only 6 of us so if you are in a hurry please be aware of this.
The same chap was on duty from Thursday through to Saturday, when we left, and he spent the whole time looking sad and stressed.
We were informed breakast was between 7 and 8 so Saturday morning we were all down for 7.50 and breakfast on a weekend is 8-9. They didn't tell us that.
So if you need to stay here - be fit and slim - have the time to wait for breakfast and bring your own towels.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

I took a friend who was travelling in London to this pub for lunch thinking its menu looks very appealing at the door, hoping it will become my local favorite too.

There were only two tables including ours in the dining area. Not once any of the staff ask if we needed more drinks nor if ht e food was okay.

Service was appalling - no smile nor appreciation. You need to pay for bread.

Food was totally lack of seasoning and overcooked.

I know I will not be coming back, and will warn all my friends not to bother.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

Me and my boyfriend stayed in this hotel in June, the staff were very helpful and kind, the rooms were nicely decorated and clean, what more can you ask for?

We turned up at 10 in the morning before the place was open, but staff were very welcoming and let us keep things in there safe room until we checked in. Even when we had to rush back 1/2 hour later for tickets to Comic con they were friendly and very approachable.

The room was really really great, we'd looked at others in London and our friends stayed in fact at other hotels and they were very jealous of where we stayed. The room we very nice, I loved there pillow's. The only issue was there was a gentle hum of traffic outside not that noticeable to a heavy sleeper, and to a light sleeper earplugs are provided.

The food was very nice, although they stopped serving dinner at 8ish , just when we wanted to order desert. hoo hum.

The location was good, though you have to wait 20 mins for a tube tonto a main line. But this was never an issue for us.

We're planning to go back to this hotel again and again, a really great hotel somewhere a bit quieter where you can rest you feet after a busy day in London.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hand and Flower Hotel? Share your experiences!