“Not Bad” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Hyde Park Hotel

You added Royal Hyde Park Hotel to your Saves list
Royal Hyde Park Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   106 / 110 Queensway, London W2 3RR, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #723 of 1,066 Hotels in London

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Polish first
Windsor, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I live just outside London but had a large night planned so just wanted somewhere in town to lay my head for the night. Other hotels were looking to charge £100 a night but for £40 I thought this was a real find. Yes, it's basic, my room literally had a bed and a wardrobe in it, but the bed was comfortable enough and the ensuite was more than adequate. If you are looking for a cheap, perfunctory stay centrally this really isn't a bad shout. If you want a hotel as part of a holiday stay or for a special occassion, then this isn't for you. If you need a cheap stay, somewhere to get ready in and sleep in, then it's fine.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I booked this hotel at the very last minute, £58 for two nights (days 3 and 4 of the Olympics!!!!) and then I read the reviews and panic set in..................Yes the room was on the small side and there was no lift but it was clean and comfortable. I wasn't in London to sit and enjoy a hotel room I was there to watch the Olympics and this hotel fit the bill for what I needed.

Room Tip: Road side rooms are probably louder. There is no lift (some may find this a problem)
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

The hotel looks good and was very clean. Breakfast was minimal and the matras was so thin I feld all the spirals. Overall a okay hotel but not for the price a had to pay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Truro, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

when me and my mum went up to london we decided to stay in a mid-range hotel, not completely budget, but not wallet breaking. However, we might aswell have stayed in a budget hotel, the staff here were very unwelcoming. Our toilet had clearly not been cleaned, and no attempt to clean it had been made, and lets just say the last person to use it must of had an upset stomach, but the cleaners didn't even flush it. There were no bedside tables, and no access to any drinks apart from down the road in tesco. We had one pillow each. After a very uncomfy nights sleep, we went downstairs for the included breakfast, which consisted of a couple of stale croissants, a few unfrigerated yoghurts and some cold toast, I wasn't expecting anything big for breakfast, but for the extra we payed, I was expecting a little more than something I could have walked down to tesco and got a lot cheaper. In the morning we decided to go for a walk to buckingham palace, and when we returned I found our hotel room had been opened by one of the staff, and they had left our door open, with all of our belongings still inside. We weren't due to check out until 11, but clearly this doesn't stop them,

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

This hotel has been recently refurbished and is not what I expecpted from past reviews. I enjoyed my stay here however the room is quite small. The hotel is right near bayswater tube station and from there easily accessible to everything you would want to see and do in London! I would go back if I needed budget friendly accommodation in London :)

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

My husband & i stayed at this hotel for one night this week. We travelled from the Midlands. We got to the hotel for 1pm, checking was'nt till 2 but we thought we'd ask anyway if the room would be ready. The receptionist clearly had no customer service skills or even know how to talk to customers! She said, sorry our computer is broken nothing i can do, i cannot accomodate you till after 2pm. Fair enough. We had a suitcase with us and a bag. So we thought instead of wasting time, we'll pop out. There was a room next to reception ( where breakfast is served too) and she told us to leave our luggage there. I asked her if it were safe and she replied, we've never had a problem in the past. Anyway when we came back, our suitcase was there but no bag! There was a different lady behind the desk this time. We asked her where our bag was and she shrugged her shoulders! At this point were livid because she didnt seem to care, she made a phone call and the bag was behind the reception desk! We found the receptionist to be rude and arrogant. There was no warm welcome at all. When it came to paying, she said '£89' no please. We paid £90 and she kept the change! We didnt quabble over a £1. She then gave us the key for the room. I was the one to ask her what time breakfast is etc. The room was so tiny, you cant even swing a cat in there! I bruised my toe off the leg of the bed as no room to move! Overall this hotel is for either backpackers or someone who wants to stop on their own. We wont be coming back here again! One positive thing though, the room was very clean! A message to the hotel manager: employ some happier receptionist who can provide good customer service!

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Royal Hyde Park Hotel? Share your experiences!