“Back again” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Hoxton Hotel to your Saves list
Booking.com Travelocity
Hoxton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   81 Great Eastern Street, London EC2A 3HU, England (City of London)   |
Ranked #59 of 1,071 hotels in London
Leeds
“Back again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The Hoxton is becoming our hotel of choice for London. It's got so much going for itthat there can be few that can match it.

First of all, value. We paid a bit extra for a room this time (close to Christmas?) but it included a Pret light breakfast and a lot of extras; complimentary fresh milk and water in the fridge (with room to store other items) and all the amenties you'd expect to find in a hotel twice the price. We tried the Hoxton grill for breakfast one day. The food was freshly prepared and top quality.

We had a room overlooking the bar area (which rocks at night - it's more like a club than a hotel bar) but the noise wasn't intrusive. The only downside is that the rooms, whilst well laid out, are a bit on the small side (as is the storage).

And whilst it's not in the West End, it's only 2 tube stops from Kings Cross and the local area is great - loads of good restaurants, bars and clubs for the younger folk, and loads of quirky and arresting street art. It's also close to Spitalfields Market (10 minute walk) which is well worth a visit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

3,188 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (571)
  • Greek first
Guernsey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights when we visited London.

Firstly, the location of the hotel is great. Very close to Old Street station making all areas of London easily accessible. The area of Hoxton itself is full of bars and restaurants and has a nice feel about it.

Upon arrival at the hotel the staff were very friendly. We were slightly early and our room was not quite ready but our bags were taken and we had lunch in the Hoxton Grill. The food was very tasty and the place had a great atmosphere.

When we checked into our room I was impressed with it. The bed was comfy, the bathroom was clean and the room in general had a warm and modern feeling. I also had mentioned at the time of booking that it was my boyfriends birthday and they had placed complimentary balloons in our room which was a really kind touch.

We did not venture down for a cooked breakfast during our stay but the free mini breakfast was great. Orange juice, a yogurt and a banana plus fresh milk to have with your tea is all you need.

If I was going to be super critical I have only one or two points. On Friday night we had tickets to see a comedian at Wembley and arrived back at about 11pm. We had not eaten but did not stop off as I had read that the hotel did room service until midnight. When trying to order food at 11:30pm we were told that the kitchen had already closed.

Also if you want a quiet drink in your hotel bar then this is not the place. On Friday and Saturday nights the Hoxton Grill becomes a very busy bar/nightclub.

All in all I still give the Hoxton Hotel an excellent. I will definitely stay here again and would recommend it to my family and friends.

Room Tip: From reading previous reviews I requested a room on a high floor and away from the road. I had no is...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Very friendly staff, they are responsive to queries and requests. Rooms are nice, clean and well-designed. Free breakfast is good. Free water and fresh milf is nice too. Check in and check out was fast and efficient.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stayed with business, so the location made sense for my meetings. But for tourists who want to be a walk away from the West End sights, this might not be ideal.

The hotel restaurant is excellent, the decor a little self-conscious and trendy, and the rooms are clean and modern but as is usual in London, small and cramped.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Wokingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

If you are in the area for work or fun the Hoxton is the only place to stay in EC2. I have stayed
here many times, it's never let me down, I never want to leave it's that good. My dream is to live at the Hoxton. The reception staff always go the extra 100 miles, with genuine smiles. The rooms are
peaceful even when the bar is banging.The restaurant is very good, so are the staff they remember I like the crusts cut off my toast, can also order off menu. Can't wait to return to the Hox.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Lugano, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

A wonderful mix of everything: friendly and professional staff, good restaurant and bar, top quality room service, brilliant nightlife in the hall and super-quiet rooms upstairs. It will be for sure Hoxton again the next time I'll go back to London. Don't miss the brown bag breakfast: a simple nice way to get a "good morning"

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
munich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

what a fantastic place! it is inspiring, very friendly, nice, delicious and its in the middle of where you want to be. our room was very nice and quiet. I loved the features, the breakfast-bag and the soap to be taken home. the hoxton is worth the money, if one can effort it.

love it!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hoxton Hotel? Share your experiences!