“Great location, cleaness and wonderful owners.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mandalay Picton House Hotel

You added Mandalay Picton House Hotel to your Saves list
Mandalay Picton House Hotel
2.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   122 Sussex Gardens, London W2 1UB, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #159 of 535 London B&B and Inns
Borgo a Buggiano, Italy
“Great location, cleaness and wonderful owners.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I have been in Mandalay five nights in april with my mum and sister. I chose this place thanks to the reviews on Trip Advisor, and all the expectactions were respected.
At the moment of booking I asked for a triple room, and Gary, the owner, answered me very quickly, offering a four beds bedroom at the same price because of the availability. I found it very honest and nice.
The bedroom (as I was told) was in the basement, with bathroom and a window on a small court. The atmosphere is really british, with carpet everywhere. It seems to stay in a family house. What really surprised me, as I already have been in London's accomodation, was the cleaness of both bedroom and bathroom. That is a really good point. The fornitures are in good condition, that's not a design hotel, but honestly, who cares when everithing is so nice and clean. Breakfast is good enough to a perfect morning start: then just have a five minute walk in the nice area and take the Paddington metro line to reach all the amazing attractions in London.
Just few more words to say that Gary, Dwight and all the staff will make your stay a real pleasure: nothing better coming back after a long day then a sincere welcome, a smile and a nice chat.
I will definitively reccomand Mandaly Picton and come back for my next trip in London!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Polish first
chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

My family of four stayed four nights at Mandalay in mid-June. From the planning stages right through to our check out the owners, brothers Gary & Dwight, could not have made us feel more welcomed. Gary arranged for a car service to pick us up at Heathrow. Having this set up for our 11 pm arrival made our arrival effortless and the price was cheaper than others. A typical English breakfast is served which may not appeal to some American's tastes (baked beans, for example), but we found it plentiful and a good source of fuel to start the day. The room was clean and basic, the location fantastic - right between Hyde Park and Paddington Station. But what really made our stay was the hospitality of Gary and Dwight. Both went out of their way to not only make our stay wonderful but they really made us feel like family. We arrived back at the hotel one evening and Gary greeted us with a smile and a surprise... He had made a traditional Burmese dessert for us- which was delicious! The day of our departure we had an early flight and Dwight packed up a goodie bag for us to take with us! Gary also gave my kids a book as a gift! When we return to London we will most certainly be staying at Mandalay!

phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

The owners of this hotel are authentic human beings and I won't spoil your fun but do spend some time talking to them; their life history is part of the adventure!
The room is adequate, clean, had all we needed. Breakfast was a lot of fun, and I got special tea made just the way I like it, the Indian way with milk brewed with the tea, simply because I asked Dwight where the best place to get a cup of chai was in London.
The neighborhood has great restaurants nearby, and is walking distance from Paddington station and Hyde Park. I was grateful to have found out about this treasure. And as a bonus it has a Tripadvisor award, which I did not know about prior to arrival.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We work around London all the time and have stayed in some dumps, it was very nice to find a good clean hotel and will always stay here in future. Room big shower good and a good breakfast to start the day.

• Stayed June 2012
Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

We stayed at this hotel during the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. We arrived as strangers and left as friends. Dwight the owner is an absolute star. He made our stay very comfortable, nothing was too much trouble. The reception area is so pretty, security is good, the front door is always locked and we were able to leave our luggage after check out which was a huge bonus for us. The hotel is just like Upstairs Downstairs television programme, full of charm and atmosphere. We have already booked our next stay at this hotel and highly recommend it to anyone visiting London. It is very rare these days to receive such hospitality from this family owned and run hotel. We will never stay anywhere else in London again.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

The Mandalay Picton House is an excellent place to stay. the house is perfectly situated for getting around with everything I need.ed just a very short walk away. the staff were extermely friendly and very helpful. Everyone said hello etc whenever they saw us. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The price includes breakfast.Keep up the good work and thank Youy for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

The Mandalay Picton House was an excellent place to stay. It is very close to Paddington Station. This family own and run hotel treated me like family. They always helped with directions and suggestions for getting around London. I started each day with a wonderful and hearty breakfast and good conversation. The accommodations are modest but very safe, clean and comfortable. A great location for catching tours, trains, buses, and shuttles. I cannot begin to express how kool it was to stay at such a friendly place on my first visit to London. What a wonderful experience!

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Been to Mandalay Picton House Hotel? Share your experiences!