“Consistently outstanding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton London Tower Bridge

You added Hilton London Tower Bridge to your Saves list
Hilton London Tower Bridge
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5 More London - Tooley Street, London SE1 2BY, England (Southwark)   |
Special Offer
Book Direct for Free Wifi
Ranked #161 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
United Kingdom
“Consistently outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Following several visits to this hotel, while each has been excellent, the most striking thing is the consistency of the product and experience. Checkin, room cleanliness, exec lounge, breakfast... all consistently delivered as expected to the highest standard. I really really like this hotel!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Sven G, General Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post feedback. We value your commentary and take both positive and negative feedback into account when revising our service levels and team member training. As a hotel we pride ourselves in delivering superior service which is not only friendly and professional but also genuine and heartfelt.

We hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future to London as well as our hotel.

Sven M. Goosen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I stayed at the Hilton London Tower Bridge twice in 2013, as I have in past years. It is ideally located to walk to meetings in London's financial district ("the City") and being south of the river, it is away from touristy locations. It is the nicest of the Hilton's I've experienced in London, many of which are down at the heel and have mediocre service at best, and it is significantly nicer than most US Hiltons.

The rooms are modern and comfortable--they have exceptionally nice five-piece bathrooms with high quality shower and tub hardware. Robes and an excellent electric kettle with good Twinings teas and shortbread make for a comfortable stay. My only complaints are that there are no outlets beside the bed and many people like to work on their laptops sitting on the bed and that cell phone reception is poor in some rooms.

I had a particularly exceptional experience on my most recent trip. I arrived early in the morning from an overnight flight and had hoped to shower and change before going to a meeting. The room they had set aside for me wasn't ready but they let me use another room until mine was ready--something no other hotel has done and a major convenience for me--I certainly tried to leave the temporary room as untouched as possible to minimize the extra housekeeping work.

The Executive Lounge is nice and has high quality breakfast food, though it is exactly the same food every year I visit--occasional variations would be nice. The collection of international newspapers is excellent. I especially value that the fitness center is open 24 hours and has both a rowing machine and an arm bike.

The front desk staff has always been courteous and helpful, in stark contrast to those at many US Hiltons. In general I don't enjoy being away from home but this hotel makes business travel as pleasant as it can be.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I have now sated at the hotel over 10 times and thought I would write a comprehensive review. The hotel is my favourite in London. As a business traveller it really accommodates my needs very well. Check in is fast, my details are always on file and they remember my preferences. Their service is outstanding and the best example was on my 9th trip I left my portable scanner in my hotel room. I was returning a month later son they agreed to hold it for me and when I arrived it was there waiting for me. The Executive Suite Lounge Area is breathtaking, especially if you venture onto the terrace for a sunset. Bathrooms are well organized with a free standing shower in the Executive Suites. The beds are really nice and I always sleep well when I stay here.

Room Tip: If you can upgrade to an Executive Suite, you should do it. The Executive Suite Lounge Area is fant...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Macau, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

The hotel is well located, within walking distance of HMS Belfast and the Tower Bridge. However, the area is largely populated by offices, with two of the big 4 accounting firms having premises close by. I arrived early after a long flight, and was delighted to get the room keycard straight away. The room itself was a pleasant surprise, considering hotel rooms are generally miniscule in London. Everything one could reasonably need was on-hand, except for an umbrella, which would have had plenty of use if there had been one.
Consistent with its location, there are both a Tesco and M&S mini-marts close by; a great option for either breakfast or lunch if hotel fare isn't your favourite, or you want liquor at affordable prices. The breakfast at the hotel was rather underwhelming, though room service food was good.
A couple of observations. First, there is no "free" Wi-Fi, unless you are a top tier hhonors member. At almost STG15 a day, the BT Wi-Fi available was expensive, and I cannot understand why so many hotels continue with charging separately for access when virtually every visitor will expect it. Load it into the room price, if you must, as they do in Scandanavia. Secondly, the property appeared to be short-staffed, certainly at both the front desk and the Concierge. Check in and out was very slow, and while the Concierge was efficient, one person can't be expected to be responsive to a milling throng. If you want a taxi, best bet is to go across the street about 100 metres.
The staff that were on hand were friendly and helpful. I would stay again if I was in London for business, but not for pleasure; there are much better locations for shopping and walking.

Room Tip: The hotel is very quiet, so probably any floor is ok. I stayed on the 5th; no views to speak of, pro...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

The accommodations, staff and breakfast at the hotel were all equally as wonderful. The location was extremely convenient (located within close walking distance of the London Bridge Underground stop) without being directly in the hustle and bustle of the main London district. The continental breakfast was always a great start to our day and the staff was always very helpful to these Americans who had ample questions. The room was an excellent size, the beds very comfortable and it was an all around pleasant stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

My partner and I stayed here during the festive period for my birthday and the hotel itself is in a fabulous location and is decorated to a modern high standard throughout. Upon check in we were given a complimentary upgrade to our room as well as a complimentary bottle of red wine on arrival. The room was a fabulous size and the view of the shard was amazing. The cleanliness and quality of the room was great and one of the best I've stayed in when visiting London for business and social purposes. After being out and about I came back to the room only to find that the hotel staff had placed two desserts on a plate with happy birthday iced in chocolate over it and a card left by management to state a happy birthday message also - a really lovely gesture that was very much appreciated. I would love to stay at this hotel again on my next visit to London as it truly was one of the best stays I've had in the capital. Well done all !!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the shard - you won't be disappointed
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Coping with temporary disability the staff could not have been more helpful and attentive. A modern Hotel in a superb location close to Tower Bridge & Shad Thames. First class amenities and service throughout our stay

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Sven M. Goosen

Been to Hilton London Tower Bridge? Share your experiences!