My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Tower Bridge hotel for two weeks while I was in London on business (8/26 - 9/6). This was our second visit to the hotel. I asked for, and received, an upgrade to a slightly larger room that included breakfast. I truly appreciated this gesture since we were spending nearly 2 weeks at this hotel.
We specifically requested to stay at this hotel for a second time due to the wonderful location. You are steps away from the River Thames, Tower Bridge, and many bars and restaurants. We enjoyed nightly strolls along the river and dining at a huge variety of excellent places. We were never bored!
Positives of our stay:
- The room was clean and large enough for us to feel comfortable. It was very quiet. The rooms have a very modern feel.
- Excellent proximity to M&S for groceries, bars, restaurants, and the River Thames.
- Appreciated the in-room safe, and the large bathroom.
- Upgraded to a slightly larger room, which was very appreciated.
- Replenished complimentary bottle of wine daily, as well as occasional treats of fruit and chocolate. We also got several handwritten notes from the manager.
- Great gym with 1 elliptical machine, 2 or 3 treadmills, bikes, and lots of weights, mats.
- Several minute walk to tube and train stations
- The service at the front desk is impeccable!
- The laundry service is top notch...although expensive.
Areas for improvement:
- Some of our towels were threadbare and / or had mascara stains on them.
- My complimentary bathrobe had a hole in the sleeve and was really worn.
- Lack of drawers for storing my clothing. There were several shelves but I prefer to have drawers to store my clothes.
- They upgraded us to complimentary breakfast upon checkin. However, they never recorded it properly in the system so that every single morning for 2 weeks we were grilled as to whether or not we had breakfast included and had to sit here while they verified that we had breakfast included before getting seated. It was quite embarrassing and annoying.
- The breakfast was hit or miss. Sometimes the food was spot on. Other times, the food was cold and unappealing. I heard other guests complaining of the same thing.
- The wifi was horrible. We had to pay a huge fee to get wifi in our room. The wifi was spotty in the bulk of our room. The only place where it was reliable was in the bathroom or in the hallway by the front door. I called the 3rd party help dest that Hilton outsourced the wifi to multiple times to get this fixed. We were given a modest discount for our troubles upon checkout.\
- The service in the restaurant (breakfast) was spotty. My most memorable experience was watching / listening to the guy at the front desk taking his web-based-training module on profit margins and clients while on-the-job. I didn't like hearing about how Hilton makes a profit on their clients while eating my breakfast.
We will most likely stay at this hotel again while traveling on business. The location is awesome and the hotel is very clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set against the backdrop of one of London's best known historical landmarks, Hilton London Tower Bridge is a modern and contemporary hotel with a striking exterior and is ideally situated on the doorstep of the City. This 245-bedroom hotel with high speed internet access in every guest room and wireless broadband internet access throughout offers something different and whether you're on business or pleasure the subtle touches of colour will enlighten your stay. When it's time to entertain clients or simply relax, take advantage of the hotel's lively cocktail bar before enjoying the delights of the restaurant's European cuisine to complete a memorable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hilton London Tower Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Tower Bridge Hotel London
- Hilton London Hotel Bridge
- London Hilton
- Hilton Tower Bridge
- Hilton London Tower Bridge England