“Excellent spot to explore the city” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton London Tower Bridge

Save Saved
You added Hilton London Tower Bridge to your Saves list
Hilton London Tower Bridge
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5 More London - Tooley Street, London SE1 2BY, England (London Bridge)   |
Special Price
Save up to 20% off
Ranked #122 of 1,071 hotels in London
Ocean Pines, Maryland
“Excellent spot to explore the city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for four nights to meet a friend who was there for business and explore London. The hotel was an easy walk from the London bridge tube stop. I had an overnight flight and the hotel was very accommodating with an early check in. The room was plenty spacious and well kept. Housekeeping kept the room spotless and well stocked. Being a diamond member, I received the executive upgrades. Free Internet, which worked great, complimentary breakfast, that was very nice and had lots of options and access to the executive lounge. Unfortunately, we never got to utilize it with all our sightseeing! The location is great! Close to tower bridge, the globe theater and the Tower of London. Easy access to the rest of the city by the tube. Lots of restaurant choices in the area. Would stay here again, if I returned.

• Stayed April 2013
Sven G, General Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post feedback. We value your comments and were happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

2,204 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Polish first
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Booked an executive room so we had check in at exec lounge but it didn't really save any time. The exec lounge person wasn't too friendly when we checked in though the girl the following day was friendlier. We had trouble with our keys and had to go back to the front desk for help. The staff was really nice and helpful but it was a bit of a pain. The exec lounge closes at 11 so if you're out and about visiting there is virtually no chance of ever being able to take advantage it unless you go up first thing in the am. The concierge couldn't help with theatre tickets (basically told us to go to Piccadilly and try for the last minute discounts) and when we asked for a cab to the airport it was 20 minutes later than we requested because instead of flagging one down for us they have an agreement with a few cabs and they called one of them (apparently they get a cut.). All in all, I expected much better from a stated 5 star hotel and with the many choices available in London, I wouldn't go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: If you're going to stay here, ask for a room with a view. We had an executive room and looked at...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sven G, General Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us but a little concerned that you did not find our staff member to be that friendly on check-in but happy that this improved during your stay. We usually receive great feedback about how friendly and accommodating our team members are. Our lounge is open from 7am until 11pm offering breakfast, afternoon tea and evening canapes with free drinks.

With regards to airport transfers, the hotel does have an agreement with a local company which guarantees you a cheaper rate. London cabs would be more expensive but naturally as a valued guest, you could choose whichever option you prefer. With regards to your comment about star grading, I can confirm that we trade within the 4 star market.

London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

With a need to be close by for a very early breakfast meeting, this Hilton on Tooley Street fits the bill as is in the More London Riverside complex and close to Bank and the City.

Fast and efficient check in- especially as only had time to dump my bags with concierge before racing back out for an afternoon meeting. Bags and complimentary items were in room when I returned at unholy hours that evening. Although the hotel was full to the rafters, still was able to get chargers, toiletries and the small attentions needed when you are away on a very short break.

Breakfast in room was a delight and arrived early in the agreed slot so had time to enjoy the piping hot fresh croissants and toast - and the request for vegetarian options filled without a hitch.

The late check out is a benefit as the breakfast meeting went on far longer than expected so was able to return, have a few moments to collect my thoughts, pack and leave this pied a terre without stress.

Only issues were the initial confusions getting the room at reasonable rate - prices quoted fluctuated from the sublime to the ridiculous; the heating in the room - which just seemed to stick at cold no matter what showed on the thermostat and the traffic buzz throughout the night - which I don't remember from my last visit, possibly because I was up working this time round.

Overall though, another pleasant stay and would use again

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
It was great to hear that you loved your stay once again and that our location is so convenient for you.

It is also fantastic to hear that your check in was fast and efficient.

My kitchen team will love to hear that you enjoyed the room service breakfast so much.

I noted your points about the rate and this does fluctuate depending on demand and what is happening in London and local environment at the time. We have investigated the heating control in your room to ensure that there are no problems in the future. All our windows are triple glazed so there should not be any traffic buzz heard within the room.

We appreciate the time taken to post feedback and look forward to your next stay with us.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

impressive hotel with wonderful staff. I stayed recently for a business trip here and i loved it. reception team was friendly and helpful. rooms are modern and clean. breakfast and dinner was okay with good choices. i will be back soon!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sven G, General Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for the fantastic feedback. I appreciate the time taken to post comments and was really happy to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This booking was made through secret escapes and I really didn't know what to expect but I have to say I was more than pleasantly surprised, I was gob-smacked!

Almost every Hilton I have ever encountered in UK and Europe has been crusty, tired and dull. This didn't even seem like a Hilton, in fact, even as I write this, I'm not sure it was!

Brilliant location. A stone's throw from London bridge but in the nice developed bit near Tower Bridge, not the dodgy bit (s). Lovely staff and really very slick, modern interiors. From the front desk to the lobby to the room, I was impressed. And I am a TOUGH crowd.

I really couldn't fault it. And I never say that. Let alone about a...HILTON!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sven G, General Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
I appreciate the time taken to post feedback and was glad to hear that you loved our location so much. It was nice to hear that you found my team to be lovely and the hotel slick with modern interiors.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We chose this hotel so that we were close to two of our planned destinations: the Tower of London and the Fashion and Textile Museum. As a bonus, we were upgraded to a very nice, large room with a king bed, rollaway twin for our daughter, and large bathroom. We stayed two nights and enjoyed the cleanliness, service, buffet breakfast, and the location. We walked to the Tower of London, bought tickets for a tour bus, and rode a big circuit. We were also close to a tube entrance and used that for a second day's transportation. The Southwark neighborhood had plenty of restaurants and shops to browse, with good views of the Shard and the Tower Bridge.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I appreciate the time taken to post feedback and we were happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much.

It is also great to read that you liked the upgrade and enjoyed the cleanliness, service and our buffet breakfast offering.

York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed for 1 night in February 2013 and were made to feel very welcome. The staff were very nice with us and I am compelled to return!

+ Cleanliness
+ Location
+ Staff
+ Restaurants

- Cost of room service if you had to pick a negative!

Room Tip: Upgrades are definitely worth it!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
I was happy to hear that you loved your stay with us and found my team to be so great.

Sven M. Goosen

Been to Hilton London Tower Bridge? Share your experiences!