“Great location!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton London Tower Bridge

You added Hilton London Tower Bridge to your Saves list
Hilton London Tower Bridge
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5 More London - Tooley Street, London SE1 2BY, England (London Bridge)   |
Special Offer
Save 20% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #150 of 1,066 Hotels in London
“Great location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This hotel is located a short walk away from the Tower Bridge and the Shard. The room was well done. Great bed! We were given access to the Executive lounge as we are Hilton Diamond members. The lounge is very nice! They offer breakfast, afternoon tea and dinner canapés. All were delicious! We also had breakfast down in the restaurant. It was very good as well. We used the hotel's car service which worked well as they billed it to the room. Very nice hotel! We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Sven G, General Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Thanks ever so much for the great feedback. I was happy that you loved our location so much.

It was also fantastic to hear that you loved our breakfast, the executive lounge offering and the car service.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Sven M. Goosen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Sheffield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed here last weekend for 1 night, it is a very good basr for exploring London and a very good price for bed and breakfast, which was very good. The tube station is about a 5 minuet walk from the hotel. There are some very nice restaurants and bars next to the hotel. The rooms are very nice and clean i have already planned to stay in this hotel again later on it the year, i have finally found a good hotel thats doesn't cost a fortune.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
It was great to hear that you loved your weekend stay with us.

Our location is really perfect for exploring London and our proximity to so many restaurants and bars makes an evening out that much easier.

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Great location near tower bridge and London Bridge underground stop. It's also a quick walk to Burough Market. If you qualify for access into their executive lounge the breakfast and all day service are quite nice.

My one complaint is that the concierge desk misled us regarding taxi service to Heathrow. Twice they proactively suggested we book with them for a flat rate of 65 pounds and then they put us in a taxi that cost over 80. We didn't realize this difference in fare until we arrived at Heathrow and, of course, the concierge knew we were going to be charged more when he put us in the taxi. Overall, a one hotel just avoid the concierge desk.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I am glad you loved our location so much and that you enjoyed the executive lounge offering.

I noted your complaint about the cost of the car service to Heathrow. I can confirm that this is a flat rate of 65 pounds, thus I can only think that the taxi driver took a chance at charging you a higher rate. I have referred your complaint to our car service and it will be fully investigated. Whilst this is an external service and not our doing, we do take responsibility for the service provided by our suppliers. Thus I apologize sincerely for this bad experience.

Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in May 2012. Staff were very friendly and very helpful. My husband has a sleep apnoea machine but there were no power points close enough to the bed. I couldnt sleep the first night and went down to reception at 2am and the staff were very helpful in giving me an extension cord so that we could plug the machine in.
The room was very clean and tidy - Best thing about this hotel was the cocktail bar and the restaurant! Larder restaurant - we loved it soo much we had dinner there 2 of the 3 nights as well as lunch! Would stay here again in a heartbeat and would reccomend to all!!
Location was AMAZING!! Less than a 5 minute walk to the HMS Belfast, great views of Tower Bridge and quick bus ride to Tower of London.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
We are glad that you loved our hotel so much and that we were able to assist with the extension cable.

I have also noted your accolade for our Larder restaurant. My chef and kitchen brigade will be very happy with the feedback. They are very proud at serving excellent quality meals.

I hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Oakland, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

A tad pricey, but got a very good deal in December. Rooms were like staying in an American hotel, and that's not a bad thing. They were spacious, modern, and had all the expected amenities. Even a comfy king-sized bed with plenty of room to spare. A large, well equipped bathroom, and large windows that let in plenty of light. Also, never heard a peep from any of the rooms around me or from the outside. So very peaceful and relaxing. Couldn't have been more comfortable.

Location couldn't have been better. Short walk to both the tube and the train. Surrounded by plenty of sit down restaurants and fast food dining options, plus a selection of boutiques for shopping. There's a really quaint farmers market down the road on Saturdays that was plenty of fun. Walking along the river to the Tower Bridge was also scenic and enjoyable. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Yes, internet is pricey (15 pounds per day - ouch with the US exchange rate!), but there were plenty of places around that offered free wifi, so it was easy enough to stop in the local Starbucks or bagel shop and pick up a coffee - which I would have done anyway - and check email or make an itinerary for the day.

All in all, I had a very enjoyable stay and would absolutely recommend this hotel and stay here again on another trip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
I am glad that you had such a great stay with us and found it to be peaceful and comfortable. It was also great to hear that you loved our location.

We noted your comment about internet and would like to advise that we offer free WiFi to guests in all public areas. Hhonors Diamond and Gold members also receive free internet in their bedrooms.

I hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Blackburn, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The rooms were excellent, very clean and the beds are huge. Very comfortable and a good nights sleep. heating and air con was in the room. For the price a bath robe would have been nice. Bottled water was provided. Didn't really speak to or hear from the staff. Reception seemed friendly but rehearsed. Indian across the road, excellent.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Sven G, General Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for the valuable feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much. On your next stay I do recommend that you try out our restaurant offerings. We offer room service, a snack menu with light meals in the Ruba bar, a la carte offerings in the Larder Restaurant and sushi in Takara.

Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have stayed in many Hilton hotels, but the Hilton London Tower Bridge is by far one of my favorites. Firstly, it's location couldn't be better. Less than a 5 minute walk from the London Bridge tube station, it is surrounded by fantastic pubs and restaurants.
The service is impeccable, both at the front desk and the bar. Encountered an apathetic concierge this last stay, but that was just a small blip.
I was upgraded to an executive suite on the 12th floor, which gave access to the Executive lounge and it's complimentary (and copious) breakfast. The room was modern and spotless. I liked the fact that there was a separate shower and bathtub.
I did make the mistake of ordering a pizza off of the room service menu... I should have stuck with the classics because the pizza was awful... I had specifically asked for no mushrooms and yet the pizza was full of them.
There are some excellent views from the hotel as well.
All in all, I would certainly recommend staying here. It just gives out good vibes and is slightly less formal and stuffy than some of the other Hiltons that I have stayed in.

Room Tip: The higher up you are, the better the view!