We visited London just prior to Xmas and booked the Hilton so as to be close to where our son lives. We visit London regularly but this was our first time at this hotel and our selection was based on previous Trip Advisor comments.
For the price charged for our room it was a major disappointment. The rooms were large, comfortable and well equipped. However we had the mistaken impression when we booked that we would have a view(or at least a glimpse) of Tower bridge but our window looked directly across a narrow lane into the offices of one the the major global accounting firms. If we had binoculars we could have read the documents on their desks!
Then we had the drama with the large and modern bathroom. The bath doubled as a shower with a hinged glass panel sitting along the side of the bath to prevent water dripping onto the floor. The shower/bath had a clip-in shower head on the end of a flexible tube which allowed it to be removed and for the head to rotate and point in any direction. To say the shower/bath water mixer located directly under the shower head was a challenge is an understatement. For two active seniors (but with less than perfect eyesight) trying to see the lightly etched Hot/Cold notations on the mixer (even with spectacles) and then working out how the water mixer could be released(by pressing in two buttons one on either side of the centre barrel so the barrel rotated) whilst standing under the shower head was difficult. This was despite the hotel management having placed a stick-on label above the mixer with unclear instructions on how to operate this system. ( We suspect we are not the only ones that have been challenged by this architectural wonder).
When we eventually did get the water to flow, the shower head suddenly sprayed very hot water onto my wife who then had to quickly escape from its flow, knocking her arm on the glass panel and the shower tube and almost slipping over in the bath. By this time hot water was being sprayed all around the bathroom.Then in trying to escape from the water flow by getting out of the shower she nearly slipped over. The height of the bath lip above the tiled floor is quite high and water was all over the floor making the tiles very slippery. So then our challenge became turning off the hot water without getting scolded and before the bathroom flooded.We called the reception about the problem and in fairness to them they were attentive but only able to give us fresh towels etc to help with the mop-up.
As a businessman who has traveled extensively throughout the world and stayed in many 5 star hotels, this incident had the potential to have created a major issue of liability for this hotel had my wife been injured. As a result of our experiences we consider this hotel is more suited for the younger businessman or traveler rather than senior aged tourists to London. There are many more comfortable and more appropriate hotels for seniors around London than this hotel. In this hotels favour are some excellent restaurants nearby and the London Underground is within easy walking distance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set against the backdrop of one of London's best known historical landmarks, Hilton London Tower Bridge is a modern and contemporary hotel with a striking exterior and is ideally situated on the doorstep of the City. This 245-bedroom hotel with high speed internet access in every guest room and wireless broadband internet access throughout offers something different and whether you're on business or pleasure the subtle touches of colour will enlighten your stay. When it's time to entertain clients or simply relax, take advantage of the hotel's lively cocktail bar before enjoying the delights of the restaurant's European cuisine to complete a memorable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your Hilton London Tower Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Tower Bridge Hotel London
- Hilton London Hotel Bridge
- London Hilton
- Hilton Tower Bridge
- Hilton London Tower Bridge England