“hilton quality, good as expected” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton London Tower Bridge

You added Hilton London Tower Bridge to your Saves list
Hilton London Tower Bridge
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5 More London - Tooley Street, London SE1 2BY, England (London Bridge)   |
Special Offer
Save 20% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #150 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Gent
“hilton quality, good as expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

this hotel doesn't really need a review, it's just as one expects, airy, modern, clean, good staff, good restaurant, ...

a bit out of the centre but close the Metro so that's do-able.
We stayed here for a convention and were more than happy to be in this hotel.

if you regularly check their prices, bargains can be done

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Sven G, General Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
I was happy to read that you found our cleanliness and service standards to be of such a high standard.

We are located close to the underground and overground as well as having taxi and buses from right outside the hotel.

Wwe trust that you will visit us again when next in London.

Sven M. Goosen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Kirriemuir, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Absolutely fabulous hotel and great location. Situated between Tower Bridge and London Bridge. London Bridge tube station is just a few minutes down the road. Stayed in double room with my daughter, it was very spacious as was the bathroom. Sound proofing must be good as did not hear other guests at all. The room and hotel was spotlessly clean and the bed was luxiourously comfy. Staff at the hotel were very welcoming and friendly. The concierge was very helpful. Did not eat at the hotel but alcohol was rather expensive. Booked through last minute top secret hotels and made a saving. I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again in fact I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
It was great to read that you rated our hotel as being fabulous with a great location and spacious rooms and bathrooms. I was also happy that you found my team members to be
very welcoming, friendly and helpful.

We look forward to your return visit.

Bloomington, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I've stayed at many hotels in London over the years. I've stayed in Hiltons, Crowne Plazas, a Holiday Inn, a Park Plaza and even the Savoy, but out of all of them my favourite is the Hilton Tower Bridge. The location will not inspire you (it's located right beside a bunch of accounting firm offices) but it's very convenient. It's very close to London Bridge station and also within easy walking distance of the Tower Bridge which it takes its name from. The hotel's appearance both inside and out is really slick and modern. This is a Hilton that approaches W territory, at least as far as outward appearances go.

When I stayed here in April I stayed in an executive room, which was very nice. Everything about the room was adequate and it really reinforced my impression that the hotel is well-designed. The slick modern look continues in the rooms but it doesn't come at the expense of comfort or practicality, something which I like. This is a very popular hotel so the lobby area and restaurants are always buzzing with activity any day of the week. If you want to get away from the action the patio attached to the Executive lounge has views of the Shard, Gherkin and other London landmarks and is a nice quiet place to sit and relax. The executive lounge itself was one of the better ones I've seen as well. Breakfast was the typical British hotel breakfast, nothing remarkable.

My experience with this hotel was not amazing, or even memorable. But that's what makes this hotel so great for me. When I want to stay in a hotel like a Hilton, I'm not looking for over-the-top luxury, inspiring architecture or world-class food. For me, I just see a hotel as a place to sleep and get some work/personal business done. In this regard, the Hilton is perfect BECAUSE it is so unoffensive, so vanilla, and so expected. It's just a dependable hotel in a great location for both business and leisure travellers. And that's exactly what I want.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
I was happy that you enjoyed your stay with us so much.

Our location is indeed convenient and it was nice to hear that you found our hotel to be slick and modern. I am glad you enjoyed the Exec Lounge so much and we hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel only because I was using points. I was upgraded to a deluxe room, but I might as well have been staying in the basement. The room was drab looking, the bathrooms were very plain, there was a huge dust ball in the corner of the room, and the so called robe (not terrycloth) and slippers were wrapped in an old cheap plastic bag. The slippers were nothing more than cardboard with material over them. But the worst part of this hotel was the wifi and cell phone reception. The wifi was virtually non-existent in the rooms, and barely existent in the lobby (which was filled with people all hours of the night trying to get a connection). The minute you walk into the hotel lobby, cell phone reception on ALL carriers in London nearly disappears. I don't know if it's the location, being around so many tall buildings in the area, or if it's just the hotel. But to make a phone call on my cell, I had to walk OUTSIDE of the hotel. Reception outside, and in other parts of London (again, on all carriers) was fine. The location is great (close a tube station and the Tower Bridge), but there are better options in London.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

One of the nicest hotels we have stayed at in London, and was excellent value due to a 40% Hilton discount offer. Good location for visiting Greenwich, Tower Bridge and there are some nice bars and restaurants nearby. We arrived at 10am which was too early for check in but were given the option of having a twin room that was ready immediately or to wait to be upgraded to an executive room. Staff were very friendly throughout. Stayed for 2 nights but wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments, we appreciate the time taken to post feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Probably the best run and managed Hilton in London, I have stayed at several over 30 years on business visits, this trip was for pleasure and to visit London Bridge Hospital a five minute walk up Tooley Street, also an excellent designed hotel in what was an awkward site, regular rooms are spacious and well arranged with lots of space to lay out items, hang up clothes and secure passport etc in a safe as I had a weeks stay, area is an interesting one to walk around but if you always want to visit central London or it is your first visit you may be more convenient in the center of things and for getting around, the hotel has the best room service menu ever and excellent food from their "Larder "restaurant, cafes and food shops abound in the immediate area, taxis also are easy, this is one hotel that lives up to it's good reviews, I would happily revisit

Room Tip: Regular rooms are excellent, I assume the suites and executive rooms are even better
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
We appreciate the time taken to post feedback about your recent stay. I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel and facilities so much.

Looking forward to your return visit.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

This property is great - relaxing and restorative while on bsiness travel. Business travelers traveling under their corporate travel policy know what to expect from a European business hotel, and for much of a week in Englad that's exactly all I got until I made my way to London and was able to fully recover upon checking in to the Hilton Tower Bridge. I had driven in, and parked just outside the Zone to avoid the congestion fee (no parking right at the hotel's address although there is a garage closer than the one I parked in), toting a suitcase 4/10 of a mile in the rain. The desk attendant Guillaume handed me a towel unsolicited as I made my way to the front desk. My travel assistant had uncharacteristically made my reservation without my Honors number, but I was quickly recognized, and up to the Exec floor I went. My stay for 2 nights was everything I could have asked for after the typical down-scale Euro business hotel experiences I had earlier in the week; you know the kind, no A/C, no Internet, walk outside to next door for a mediocre breakfast . Everything changed for the better when I got to the Hilton. I was back in touch with my family back home more regularly, enjoyed the fresh air from the rooftop view of the Thames outside the Exec lounge, if I didn't want to venture back out I could relax with a comp beer, or if I did I could re-gen and coif before dinner out with the wonderfully appointed bathroom.

I could easily have given a full five dots except for some modest disappointment with the concierge. Too much upsell and not enough comprehension of what I was looking for. You don't have to pay $80 to take a pleasant, refreshing evening cruise on the river.

I had no trouble or concern with the neighborhood; would have been very comfortable having my family here on a different occassion.

My stay here was a highlight of my business trip just before the Games.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Sven G, General Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
I am glad that your stay was pleasant and restful and we hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Sven M. Goosen

Been to Hilton London Tower Bridge? Share your experiences!