“Brilliant night out” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bloomsbury Bowling

Bloomsbury Bowling
Tavistock Hotel | Bedford Way, London WC1H 9EU, England (Bloomsbury / Holborn)
+44 20 7183 1979
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #777 of 1,021 Activities in London
Type: Bar/ Clubs, Bowling Alleys, Amusement
More attraction details
Owner description: Bloomsbury is a one off venue that takes a lead for 1950's America, where bowling was the height of style. Our venue has 8 public bowling lanes, diner/bar and the private hire Kingpin Suite. Lanes can be hired by the hour. We are open daily from 12 until late.
Farnham, United Kingdom
“Brilliant night out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Great night out, it's fantastic to have somewhere that's got bars, great food, bowling and karaoke all in one place!

We didn't sit at the diner for food but had the massive pizzas brought to us whilst bowling, I have never seen a pizza so big! It was very tasty too.

The place has a fun atmosphere and I'm definately planning on going again soon.

Visited September 2011

Melbourne, Australia
“Big space that has it all”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

I came here for my birthday with a bunch of mates. Started off with quite a civilized meal. The diner has been recently redone and looks really cool. Food was great. I had the big burger with everything on it. Turned out to be massive and all nice and fresh. Some of the others tried the 26" pizza which was easily the biggest I've seen and plenty for at least 4 blokes. Then had a quick bowl and some beers to loosen up for the Karaoke - private rooms with waitress service. The staff were all very friendly and made us all feel very welcome.

I'd recommend Bloomsbury Bowling to anyone having a family day out or a group of friends having a big night. Good for children in the day but gets a bit rowdy later on. It got really busy while we were there.

All in all, a great night out. I'll definitely be going back.

Visited September 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
44 attraction reviews
“Great diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

Went here by mistake as we were supposed to be meeting at All Star Lanes, but we hung out here for a couple of hours and ate in the diner - it was surprisingly good! I've been here before but never eaten and I really enjoyed it. It was very reasonable (no dishes over £10) and the burger and chips were really tasty. A friend had the hot dog, which was huge, and someone else had the steak sandwich which had quite good quality steak in it. We saw the biggest pizza ever being delivered to another table - it was nearly as big as the table. Would come here again even if we weren't bowling - just a cool place to hang out. Lots going on - snooker table, football table, good bar, diner... and obviously the lanes/karaoke.

Visited July 2011
London
5 attraction reviews
“Great vibe, great prices can't wait to see the refurb finished!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

Went to see Norman Jay there last night. We arrived not quite knowing what to expect but were pleasantly surprised. It was easy enough to get served and the staff were all very friendly. Rum and coke, vodka and tonic, coke and a beer came to £15.

The toilets were basic but clean and there was never a queue considering how busy the place was.

The dancefloor was busy with dancers and everyone was having such a great time!

I cant wait to go back again and see who they line up next.

We just thought it was a bar with dancing but there were karaoke rooms, bowling and diner, it really was quite a big space down there and a huge bar area with pool and table football.

Visited March 2011