“Marlebone Treasure” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Montagu Place Hotel

You added Montagu Place Hotel to your Saves list
Montagu Place Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 - 3 Montagu Place | Marylebone, London W1H 2ER, England (Marylebone)   |
Special Price
Book Direct Get 10% off
Ranked #81 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Calgary, Canada
“Marlebone Treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Montagu Place Hotel is a boutique hotel just off Mayfair in Marlebone district - a 5 minute ride from Paddington station. It is in walking distance to everything in London, as well as close to the Marble Arch underground. The price was great for London as everything is just so outrageous, this was a very reasonable treat.
Service from a host of young Europeans was 1st rate, in fact it the staff at Montagu were more polite and service oriented than the staff at the Savoy Hotel. They have been very well trained.
The rooms are small but not too small, they are well appointed and clean and the beds are very comfortable. There was a bit of noise from the stairwell when other guests dragged their luggage at 7am but other than that it was a very quiet hotel.
we returned one evening and enjoyed drinks in the lounge as there is a bar at the front desk. I would definitely return to Montagu Place Hotel and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: I would suggest ensuring your room is above ground level.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Marta W, General Manager at Montagu Place Hotel, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time and posting such a splendid review from your last stay at Montagu Place Hotel.
I am very proud to read that we managed to deliver the kind of service you were looking for. Words like yours are the biggest reword and I can assure you that it will make us work even harder to fulfill our guests’ needs and expectation during their stay.
Thank you very much for recommending us to other TripAdvisor users and we look forward to welcome you back in our hotel in the near future.

Marta Wasilewska - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Polish first
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Tucked away in between Oxford Street and Regents Park on quiet Montagu Place, the hotel is wonderful from A-Z. When we arrived at the hotel, it looked like a wonderful central London home. We were immediately met at the door by a friendly member of the small staff. You enter to hotel into a warm, modern living room type setting, which is also the reception and small bar. In the evening it is nice to relax for a cocktail or glass of wine before heading out on the town. We were quickly checked into our fantastic room, and the staff proved to be very helpful in suggesting and arranging dinner reservations to meet our needs (excellent).

The hotel has a limited number of rooms, but each room has a beautiful, clean and modern design bathroom, and a comfortable, clean and welcoming bedroom. There is no lift in the hotel, but this is not really needed in the small hotel, and definitely would only take up valuable space.

The hotel is close walking distance to the Subway, Hyde Park, Regents Park, Oxford Street, Marlyebone Street, Regents Street and central London. Short taxi to Paddington Station. In the morning we would go for morning run in either Park.

We were happily surprised on the quality of the hotel. It appears that they have a lot of repeat guests, as they are always full.

I travel more than 225 days per year around the world, and I will definitely return to the Montagu Place Hotel.

Room Tip: Lots of great little restaurants a long nearby Marlybone Street.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time and submitting such a wonderful review from your last visit in our hotel.
I am proud to read that we made your stay so memorable that you want to come back to Montagu Place Hotel. That is the biggest reward for our work and efforts to offer our guests the best possible customer service.
Thank you very much for recommending us to other Tripadvisor users. I hope we will be able to welcome you back in our hotel on your next visit in London and if I can ever assist you in any way please to not hesitate to contact me personally.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

A simple but luxurious room with a wonderfully comfortable bed, all the mod cons you would expect and even a very small balcony. The location is excellent and the staff lovely. I thought my room was a little more expensive than it should have been.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback from your last stay at Montagu Place Hotel.
I am very pleased to read that you find our location convenient, the room comfortable and our customer service excellent.
I do hope we will be able to welcome you back in our hotel in the near future.

Marta Wasilewska- General Manager
Weston, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

this was a great little hotel. the receptionist couldn't have been nicer. What a shockingly good surprise that wifi was complimentary and fast. the decor is understated but chic. No lift but if you can scale stairs it is not a problem. Woke to the smell of pastries - just like home, if my wife were a morning person, and a pastry chef. Room size was large compared to other more expensive hotels I've stayed at in the area. Very relaxing, couldn't be more satisfied.

Room Tip: stayed in room 24. Street facing but didn't really hear any street noise. Slept very soundly.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Marta W, General Manager at Montagu Place Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time and submitting such a splendid review from your last stay at Montagu Place Hotel.
I am delighted that you found our hotel very comfortable and relaxing but most of all I am very happy to read that my team managed to deliver this kind of service you were looking for therefore you couldn't be more satisfied.
I truly hope we will be able to welcome you back in our hotel in the future and please do not hesitate to contact me personally when you decide to stay with us on your next visit in London.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

If you are looking for a place close to Paddington (5-10 min. cab), with shopping and restaurants nearby, this place is perfect. I've stayed at the Indigo because I can walk to Paddington, but there are very few restaurants nearby, and no shopping. There are 25-30 boutiques on Marylebone High Street (pubs & coffee shops too). Baker street is the closest cross street, it has an Upper West side feel to it (strollers, nail salons, and other services). This hotel is as lovely as the posh places I've stayed in Mayfair (there is no marble in the bathroom, but it's beautiful, new tile). It's not run down like a lot of these small hotels, with 10-year old photos on the website. This is not a "destination hotel," because it's small. It has a 6-seater bar, and a cozy breakfast room. Excellent for a romantic weekend -- or if you're traveling alone. The ladies at the front desk are so warm and lovely. Like staying with a friend.

Room Tip: My room faces the street and it's noisy. Ask for one facing the back if you don't have earpl...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Marta W, General Manager at Montagu Place Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time and submitting such a wonderful review from your last stay at Montagu Place Hotel.
I am pleased to read that you liked our décor and you found our location very convenient therefore you could take the most from your visit in London
We are proud of what we are doing and we truly want to create ‘home away from home’ atmosphere.
Thank you very much for recommending us to other TripAdvisor users and we are hoping to be able to welcome you back in our hotel in the near future.

Rome, Lazio, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 4 days in April with my family. The hotel is very nice and clean. It is located in a strategic position, very close to Oxford Street but far away from its bustle. The staff is friendly and attentive to guests' needs (Enrico in particular, has been very proactive in all our needs and yet I thank him for his kindness and attention). The downsides are the lack of lift and the lack of variety of the breakfast in relation to its price. Furthermore, confy rooms are small. In any case, I have been very well and satisfied throughout. I would go back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time and submitting your kind feedback from your last satay at Montagu Place Hotel.

I am very pleased to read that you find our staff extremely attentive and friendly. We very much appreciate your comments and we do hope we will be able to welcome you back in our hotel in the near future.

Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I stayed at Montagu Place for one night as I had an embassy interview the next morning. It was a very pleasant hotel, the room was clean and quite spacious, the television had a good range of channels and the bed was very comfortable. The staff were very friendly and always helpful. One thing to say is my room was on the top (third) floor and there was no lift which was fine for me but if youre older or your mobility is hindered somehow then make sure when you book your room it is on a low or bottom floor. The drinks at the bar were expensive but that can be expected at a hotel bar, and the the bathroom was quite chilly in the morning. However these are very minor complaints and I would highly recommend staying at Montagu Place as it was a very pleasant hotel!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Marta W, General Manager at Montagu Place Hotel, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking time and sharing your positive review from your last stay at Montagu Place Hotel.
I am very pleased to read that our hotel made good impression on you and you found our staff very helpful and friendly. We appreciate your comments and take it very seriously.
Thank you for recommending us to other TripAdvisor users and we are looking forward to welcome you back in our hotel in the near future.
Warm regards,
Marta Wasilewska

Been to Montagu Place Hotel? Share your experiences!