“Amazing hotel. Boutique.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Montagu Place Hotel

You added Montagu Place Hotel to your Saves list
Montagu Place Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 - 3 Montagu Place | Marylebone, London W1H 2ER, England (Marylebone)   |
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #77 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Amazing hotel. Boutique.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

Went here in February 2010. Amazing place in a great location.
Search around on laterooms and booking.com to get a very decent price if you book in advance.

Very stylish and cool place to visit. You are close to a number of tube stations which means you can get around everywhere in London very easily.

Definitely book onto here and stay here for a few days if you're visiting London!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

My partner and I just completed three nights at the hotel and it was fantastic. The location is close to Baker St tube and Oxford St.

The service is top notch and even the 'lower-level' comfy room we were in was an excellent size.

The only slight (and it was VERY slight) complaint would be that the pillows didn't give the support I needed and I had a stiff-neck.

But I would happily stay there again.

• Stayed December 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

The Montagu Place Hotel is a few minutes walk to Baker St tube as well as Marylebone Station and tube. It is a couple blocks away from quaint Marylebone High St, where you can find interesting shops and great restaurants.
We could not have been happier with both the service and quality of the rooms. The web site photos are accurate so you clearly get the idea that this is a stylish boutique hotel. I can highly recommend this hotel for a comfortable stay in London.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for a long weekend. The staff were excellent, friendly and always offering help. We had room 33 which was very nice, plenty of room for us, and quiet. The breakfast was plenty and worth paying the extra for. The location was great, within a very nice area of London, plenty of places to eat and drink within a short walk. Even late evening you felt safe walking around. Would return to this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2011
Michal M, General Manager at Montagu Place Hotel, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking a time and reviewing our hotel.

We are glad that you and your wife did enjoy our service, food, location and the atmosphere of our hotel. We are looking forward to be serving you also during your next stay in London.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

it is really nice to find something really nice yet reasonably priced in london. nothing not to like. have spent many a good night here, and also have used it frequently for corporate purposes.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such as kind words about us. I hope that all your future stays with us will be at least as good as the past one.

Yarmouth, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

I hate red eye flights and I wanted a posh place to sleep when we arrived. I also wanted good value. This hotel is what I was able to find.
Loved the room-modern, supercomfortbale beds, cute neighbourhood, not too far from the Tube (5min walk if you walk fast). Slept like a baby. Great bathroom.
I don't know what I was thinking when I requested the Swanky room though. We don't need a lot of space. This room was North American size. I should have saved my money and went a bit smaller. If you love your space though, go swanky.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing us for your stay in UK. I am pleased to hear, that we did meet your criteria and expectations of posh quality of sleep.

I hope that you will let us serve you also on your next travels to London.

Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

Having stayed at Number Sixteen, I was hoping for the same quality experience at Montagu Place. The location is great and the staff are so friendly and helpful. However the rooms lack flair and hotel lacks atmosphere. The continental breakfast was the biggest disappointment and was more like the type of breakfast you'd expect in a Holiday Inn Express. We won't return and we couldn't recommend!

Room Tip: Ours was the basic and it was very basic.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr Will,

Thank you very much for your kind words about our location and about my staff. I am delighted that we managed to exceed your expectation in that regard.

I am deeply sorry to hear that you didn’t like the atmosphere of our boutique hotel. Unfortunately, I do feel that this is a personal preference rather then something that we go wrong on this occasion. We have never positioned ourselves in the same market as the competitor that you mention, nor would we consider doing so in the future.

To date vast majority of comments about our breakfast have been positive. I will however review the offering to try and see how it could be improved in the near future.

I wish you the best of luck in your future stays in London.

Michal Michalik

Been to Montagu Place Hotel? Share your experiences!