“Nice room but no hot water” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Chiswick Moran Hotel

You added Chiswick Moran Hotel to your Saves list
Chiswick Moran Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   626 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RY, England (Chiswick)   |
Ranked #464 of 1,065 Hotels in London
London, UK
“Nice room but no hot water”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2008

On first impression the Chiswick Moran is very nice - helpful reception, nice room, easy walk from the tube. However we experienced very bad service when we enquired why there wasn't any hot water on Friday evening. Our first call to reception was fine - he apologised and said maybe in 30 mins it would be fixed. Still no water after an hour so we called again and this time a lady answered and she said the hotel was full and it was only to be expected that there would be no hot water and then she hung up after saying she would talk to her duty manager. We didn't get an apology or a call back. In the end we boiled the kettle and used that for 'showering' (ie. a wash in the sink). Next morning the hot water was lukewarm only. Glad we paid much less than the rack rate for our 1 night stay. Would not go back, esp on a Fri or Sat night when the hotel would be more likely to be full.

• Liked — Location to tube
  • Disliked — No hot water
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Arabic first
Gloucester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2008

We recently stayed at this quirky hotel for a couple of nights to do a touristy weekend, see the sights and go to the theatre.
It's refreshing to stay in a hotel that has deliberately veered away from the bland, standard hotel norm of beige, coffee and cream as it is boldly decorated in monochromes accentuated with splashes of bright jewel colours. The carpet is really unusual - it's like hay, quite long and tufty but nice under bare feet!
The hotel is well situated for those not wanting to venture by car too far into London, just off the M4 and easy to find. You can park your car at the hotel and the Gunnersbury tube is a minutes walk down the road. Have to say that I've not used the tube in London for years and it is vastly improved from what I remember. It used to be like going into the bowels of the earth and always smelt like a public toilet with filthy trains, but every train we caught was new and clean as were the stations.
Anyway, back to the hotel - room was clean, bright , quiet and spacious with a great double shower and good quality beds and linen. Only slight disappointment (and this is being picky) is that there weren't any complimentary biscuits to go with your cup of tea!
Breakfast was also good, plenty of choice with attentive staff, and you could settle down and read your complimentary Irish newspaper (Owner is Irish!) at a leisurely pace.
We were late back one evening and used room service for our dinner - again no complaints. It was promply served, prices were competitive and food was tasty.
We got the room for a very reasonable non city centre rate and are already planning our next trip - highly recommended!

• Liked — The decor and deisgn
  • Disliked — No biscuits! (I'm so sophisticated!)
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Fleet, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2008

I stayed at the Chiswick Moran for a week on business. I found the decor, room size and bathroom to be really nice, fitout was very cool so my inital impressions were very high. Staff were nice and polite and helpful. Only problem and it was a BIG problem on the two days I worked in my room was the air conditioner does not work!! I spoke to reception about 4 times about it during my stay and they kept saying it was "getting fixed". I dont think anyone was actually fixing it so I would hate to stay here in Summer - you would swelter. Also unlike most Australian hotels there was no fridge in the room nor ice machine on my floor which when it is HOT in your room is terrible. So middle of Feb it was like the Aussie summer I left - so it was nice to go outside and cool down. Hate to winge so up sides are - great size room, nice staff, decent breakfast, nice bar, cool fitout, not too far from tube (in fact gunnersbury is right there - however Chiswick is more frequent). I'd stay again if they ensured me the air con worked.

• Liked — Fitout
  • Disliked — Air Con was useless
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2008

We booked the Chiswick Moran through TravelRepublic three months in advance and got a double room for under £80. What an absolute bargain. Just 15-20 minutes into the centre of London by tube (Gunnersbury tube right next to hotel), so well positioned if you're prepared to stay a bit outside the Zones 1 & 2.

The hotel is excellent; decorated to a very good and modern standard. The room was clean and had a large comfortable bed. Small Plasma telly. We only stayed the one night but would have no hesitation in staying again. The Breakfast was ok, nothing exceptional, but was included in the price so a definite bonus as many hotels and B&B's nearby charge extortionate amounts for the privilige.

The staff were friendly and helpful and spoke excellent English, which we've found on many occasions in London to be a big problem. Overall, we would recommend this hotel without question.

• Liked — Clean, modern, comfortable and reasonably priced
  • Disliked — If only it was in Central London...
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2008

I stayed here for five nights. I was on business and was given the option of a number of hotels and chose this one because it was the closest to my work. Apart from that it was close to absolutely nothing and I nearly died from boredom in the evenings. It is close to a tube station but I spent an hour and a half getting to central London one evening. I had an executive room so I really cant compain about the hotel. The room was big, bright, spacious, modern and luxurious as was the bathroom... it was everything you could expect from a hotel of it's standard. I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast also. My only complaint is that it isnt really near to anything of interest.

• Liked — The room and the breakfast
  • Disliked — The location
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
warrenpoint
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2008

Stayed here for weekend with my partner, booked through alpha rooms.net for £148.00 (2 nights b&b for both of us.) We flew from dublin to gatwick, flights very reaonable with ryan air (30 euros for 2) I booked the gatwick express train online, it was £58 return for 2) the train goes every 15 mins. When we got off the gatwick express, we got the district line to richmond. The ticket was £4 single, we got off at gunnersbury, this takes 19 mins. We arrived at the hotel and I was very pleased, our room was lovely. The next morn we were woke by drilling on the road at 8am, seemingly this was out of their control. I would accept that, however the duty manager was not too pleasant, she moved us to another room. The breakfast was fine, I was wary off the cooked breakfast from other reviews but it was o.k. Personally I would have liked a better selection of bread or croissants and fresh fruit. We got the tube from Gunnersbury into Picadilly. Get an all day travel ticket, ours was £5.60 each and this gives unlimited travel on the tubes all day. When you book a show be careful, we booked in Leicister Square and had to queue for ages, we realised when we arrived at the Lyrics theatre, our tickets were £9.00 cheaper than we paid. All in all, hotel is not difficult to find, all the staff especially Jamie and Patrick in reception were more than friendly. Rooms were very funky and relaxing. I would go back here.

• Liked — funky room and comfortable bed
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2008

Hotel is clean and comfortable.Very easy to get into cental London from the hotel as it is beside a tube station.
Food is very poor (Avoid the Fried Breakfast at all costs)

• Liked — the decor
  • Disliked — food
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Chiswick Moran Hotel? Share your experiences!