“Family trip to London” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marlin Apartments Canary Wharf

You added Marlin Apartments Canary Wharf to your Saves list
Marlin Apartments Canary Wharf
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   9-11 Byng Street, Westferry Road, London E14 8GG, England (Docklands / Canary Wharf / Isle of Dogs)   |
Ranked #66 of 684 Specialty Lodging in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Nottingham
“Family trip to London”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed in 2 2 bedroomed premier apartments for 2 night s, we were allocated ground floor apartment s, which was ideal had my 2 elderly parents were with us and we had a wheelchair. The apartment s were both clean, well equipped and a good size . We did have a few issues with some electrical appliances not working ,however these issues were dealt with immediately. The apartments were ideally situated for us as the nearest tube , approx 10 minutes away had good wheelchair access and it was easy 2 get 2 02 Arena . The only issue was that there is a lot of building work in the area and alot of diversions on the walkways which can add time to your journeys but obviously this is not the fault of the apartmejts. Would definitely stay again , therevare lots of restaurant s in the area , a large shopping centre and a small Tesco right next door, it also has great transport links to all areas of London.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Preston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited with the whole family including kids. Excellent value for money & peace of mind knowing kids were safe in same apartment. Better than staying in hotel. Enjoyed a peaceful Easter weekend. Would definitely book again

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
ZsuzsanaA, Manager at Marlin Apartments Canary Wharf, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Sham0408,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Marlin Apartments Canary Wharf and for the time taken to leave your comments on your recent stay.

I am delighted and proud to read that you and your lovely family had a peaceful Easter Weekend. I am glad that we played a part in this enjoyable stay and will of course pass your kind comments to my team.

I do hope to welcome you back soon in the near future.

Leeds, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We’ve just returned from a 3-night trip over Easter to visit the Ideal Home Show at Olympia. We booked the two-bedroomed Penthouse apartment as a party of four, with 3 days’ parking.

Firstly the good points - the Penthouse apartment (number 42 - 1 of 2) is clean and has a large wraparound balcony, with a nice wooden table and chairs for 4 with views across to the financial district of Canary Wharf.

The beds are comfortable and the bedrooms are a pretty decent size with built in wardrobes, bedside tables and a chest of drawers. One is en-suite (shower only) and then there is a separate bathroom with bath and shower over.

There is a dining table and chairs for 4 in the kitchen/living area and a washer/dryer, dishwasher, oven and hob, fridge/freezer and a microwave in the kitchen.

We felt the on-site parking charge of £15 per 24 hours was very reasonable for London, (even though, at Canary Wharf, the apartment is obviously not central London), and we would not have found anything else to compare nearby. You park your car in an underground, secure car park with lifts to each floor, making it easy to load/unload.

The reception staff were helpful and allowed us to park our car at 1pm even though we couldn't check in until 3pm. On our first night, we discovered the TV was not working properly and a chap came up to check it and then brought in a temporary TV which was then replaced the next day for a fully functioning one. The wi-fi worked perfectly well and we didn’t need to upgrade for extra money.

The apartment is a few minutes’ walk from the nearest Underground/DLR station (although there is construction work going on nearby which makes it a bit more difficult to get your bearings), and there is a local Tesco Express just 2 minutes away which sells most of your day-to-day needs.

Why didn't it get 5 stars? A few annoying little niggly bits…

As a two-bedroomed apartment, it should have enough comfy seating for four. It had a sofa and one chair with a footstool. Yes, technically the sofa was a 3 seater, but this assumes that 3 of you sit upright like characters in a Jane Austen novel. There should always be the option to put your feet up and chill out a bit!

Two bathrooms for 4 people but only 2 bath towels in total? Surely you would expect a bath towel each? And a hook to hang your bathrobe on the back of the bathroom door?

The final things are picky but they assume the reason you’ve booked an apartment rather than a hotel room is that you might want to make your breakfast/lunch/dinner. There are only 4/6 plates, glasses, knives/forks, mugs etc so each time you have a meal/snack/cup of coffee you run out of crockery/cutlery. We had taken stuff to make a full breakfast for 4 people - sausages, bacon, eggs etc but there was only one frying pan and no grill pan. When I have booked apartments in the past I have taken various bits of cleaning items such as washing-up liquid, wash-cloths, and so on but have usually found that they are provided by the owners. In this case however, the apartment provided 4 dishwasher tablets and one little J-cloth, but no tea-towels, no washing-up liquid, no proper wash-cloth or brush. It was annoying rather than a deal-breaker but when owners provide all the little extras, it makes you think "Fabulous, they've thought of everything..."

Would I go back or recommend them? Yes, I would but I would just ask them to up their game slightly in terms of the 'self catering' aspect of the apartment.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
ZsuzsanaA, Manager at Marlin Apartments Canary Wharf, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear MissMandyInLeeds,

Thank you for staying at Marlin Apartments Canary Wharf and for your nice comments.

I am delighted that you enjoyed so much our comfortable apartment and facilities .As you had kindly mentioned we are well positioned ,very close to the vivid Canary Wharf Area and we have very good transportation connections to the City.
It was a pleasure for me to pass your comments to my devoted reception staff .It is regrettable that some of the items from the stock were missing from the apartment but I am sure that the receptionist on duty would have been happy to bring it to you on request . We started to replace all the existing stock in the apartments and on your next visit you will have a faultless stay.

It was areal pleasure to have you with us and we are happy to welcome you back soon .

Leeds, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2015

Stayed in a 7 person apartment which was lovely & spacious.
The staff were great, helpful and very friendly & to top it off we had a great view of the Shard which was brilliant!
Friends are looking to return next year & would definitely look at booking other apartments within the Marlin Company in the future :)

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Dear Andrea B,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us such a great review on Trip Advisor and .

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us .5* in the rating it is what we strive to achieve with every guest staying with us.

I will pass over your great review to my staff ,I am sure they will be very happy . It is recognition like this their work meaning.

Please do not hesitate to get in contact with me for your next booking, I will be more than happy to help you.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

I stayed here with some friends for a birthday weekend, the 2 bed apartment was very spacious and had a large living room and balcony for us to socialise! Beds v comfy too. Not really suitable for people wanting to play music or host a small gathering. We played music at a moderate volume to fill the apartment and were told to turn it down. Other than that, very good experience.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
ZsuzsanaA, Manager at Marlin Apartments Canary Wharf, responded to this review, March 21, 2015
Dear Amy R.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Marlin Apartments Canary Wharf and for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed our clean and spacious apartments as well our comfortable beds.

I am delighted that you consider your experience with us was very good ,our aim is to assure a quiet ,relaxing stay to all our guests.

Hoping that you had a safe and pleasant journey home, we will be happy to welcome you back soon.

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

I stayed here for a concert at the O2 and we booked this as we wanted 4 people in one room which hotels don't do. The apartment was spacious and excellent location to the O2 only a 5 min walk from Canary wharf tube and from door to door about 20 min to the O2. The apartment was very clean and booking in was so easy. The staff were all friendly and even took our rubbish as we couldn't find the rubbish shoot. Will def be using this option in future instead of hotels as it worked out so much cheaper

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Dear Karen D

First of all thank you very much for your recent stay at Marlin Apartments Canary Wharf.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us .We strive to give great service to our guests and it makes us very happy to read we meet your expectations. I am pleased also to know that you enjoyed so much our convenient location.

Thank you again for your kind comments and I look forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Shanghai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2015

After being badly let down by Cuba apartments I contacted Marlin who were very helpful, booked me in quickly and provided me with a great penthouse apartment with fantastic views. Highly recommended and I will stay here again

Room Tip: Penthouse room