“whatever you do.. DO NOT STAY THERE!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Comfort Inn London - Edgware Road
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   450 Edgware Road, London W2 1EG, England   |
Ranked #649 of 1,049 Hotels in London
New York City, New York
“whatever you do.. DO NOT STAY THERE!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Upon my arrival, at around 3pm, I asked to the lady at the front desk for the wireless code since i was in London for a business related trip, to what she consulted her computer and told me that the system as down and the wireless not working. That she would call my room to let me know when this was fixed.

Since i was coming from NY i was quite tired and took a two hour nap. As soon as i woke up, I called again to the front desk to ask for the Internet code. What was my surprise as i was waking up, that the same lady responded: ' I told you i would call your room when it was fixed. I haven't called you so that means it hasn't been fixed" No pleases, no thank yous, no i apologise, nothing! the rudest person I encountered during my whole 2 business weeks through out Europe.

As I was in a hurry to send some mails and check my e-mail, I turned on the roaming so i could use the Internet from my ipad. You can now imagine the cost of it and how much money I received my bill for this issue.

As i was leaving, I saw some people at the hotel with their phones with a piece of paper talking about the Internet and the code they needed. They did have Internet and the Internet was working for them. i asked them about that paper and they told me it was given to them at reception.

So I went to the conference I was supposed to attend on October 10th without saying nothing, and did not return until past midnight.

Upon my return, I then asked for the internet code and was given to me without looking at any computer, just a piece of paper and a code in it. Apparently the person in charge during the night shift was not given the indication of not giving the code to me or my kind of reservation (i think).

As I received it, something smelled bad to me. How could it be that the person in the afternoon had to check a computer to give me the code, and this gentleman only gave me a piece of paper.

I decided to ask for the afternoon lady's name, to which I was replied: "What, What happened" and then I lied: "Nothing, i just wanted to thank her" and then he replied: "she will be back tomorrow" and then I asked for her name again and he said: " i can not give you her name, she will be back tomorrow".

The next morning I wanted to make some phone calls and was answered by front desk. They told me that, well...... the phone was not working. Not working!!! No internet, No telephone. No contact with the outside world at a hotel?? How could you have a business like that???

Once again, I had to turn my phone roaming because the hotel that promised internet included in the fee and basic needs such as telephone, was not working. My phone bill arrived rocket high.

I had to leave to another conference and asked for the internet to figure out what was going on. The answer was the same, the internet is not working. I asked to the person at the front desk when will it work to what he replied: "i don't know, our IT department is working on it, you will be called to your room as soon as possible"

What he didn't know is that i was using the internet (with the code the night clerk gave me without hesitation) as I spoke to him. It was all a lie.

I sent them a complaint e-mail, but received only apologies. They are cheap in all ways.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at Comfort Inn London - Edgware Road, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a comment on your recent stay with us. We would like to begin with an apology for the service you received and the inconveniences you faced during your visit.

It is true that we were having problems with our Internet connection for three days continuously. Unfortunately you also had to face the problem like most of our guests did during that period. Please believe the fact that we would not treat our customers differently by providing the Internet connection to other guests and not to you. That was not at all our intention. The Internet connection was back to normal on the day you were checking out. Previous to that we kept losing and receiving the signals every other minute.
We readily agree with you on the point that the kind of service you received from the front desk is not at all acceptable and please note that this is not the service we deliver on our daily basis. As you have mentioned in the review our customer service team sent an apology in reply to your previous email. We would again like to apologise for the series of problems you faced. We continually try our best to make things right but sometimes we unfortunately do fail. We will bare your feedback in mind and try to develop the gray areas of the service in future. Customer service is one of the first priorities in our daily practices. We totally agree with your point of not receiving the service you deserved.

Despite the problems you faced we hope you'll give us a chance to rectify our mistakes and visit us again so we can show you the true colours of customer service we provide. I assure you that you'll not regret this time.....just for us!!
Warm regards,
Abida

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Not bad if you take the Heathrow Express to Paddington Station, the hotel is fairly close by. It is a 15 GBP cab ride from Victoria Station if you arrive via Gatwick. There is a bus that gets you there from Victoria if you are not road-weary and know your way around. Comfort Inn Edgeware Road is a tad far from any main attractions, but the price is right.

The outside of the "hotel" is a bit deceptive--looks like a store-front, to the extent that our cabbie almost missed it. Reception is friendly and the rooms are well-appointed, albeit small. There are two tube stations about a 8-min walk away on the other side of the ring-road, which make it accessible to the rest of the city.

Although it is a rather sleepy residential neighbourhood, there are a number of Middle Eastern restaurants all along Edgeware Road. The food and service is great, but forget about getting a pint or a glass of wine with your meal.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at Comfort Inn London - Edgware Road, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a detailed review on your recent stay with us.

Your review sums up most of it. The hotel is located near London’s most of the famous attractions and Edgware road is well-known for food and shopping. Transport to and from all London airports is also convenient for travellers since most of the Bus/train/Tube stations are located nearby.

You found the entrance deceptive like many of our guests do but I’m glad you found the rooms ‘well-appointed’. Improving the reception area is in our ‘Things to do’ list. I hope you find a change on your next visit.

Thank you for acknowledging the Reception staff services. I have conveyed your message to the team and they are very happy to know you had a memorable stay with us.

Hope to see you soon.
Kilkenny, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights in October and got an excellent deal through one of the hotel websites.

The hotel is located just a 5 minute walk from the Edware Road tube station. There are 3 or 4 lines passing through which is excellent for getting to different parts of London. The front desk staff were helpful and the room we were given was very clean and had all basic amenities TV, air conditioning, tea and coffee making facilities, hair dryer and a safe . Our stay was very comfortable and no noise disturbance.

If you are looking for a budget hotel just as somewhere to sleep and in a good location, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for a ‘short & Sweet Title’. We are thrilled to read your review as it seems you had a smooth and enjoyable stay. We appreciate you recommending us on TripAdvisor and sharing your thoughts on our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in near future.
Warm wishes,
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Hotel is located in London’s “Little Beirut” neighborhood full of excellent inexpensive Middle Eastern restaurants; walking distance to tube stations, West End, and other interesting London neighborhoods. Rooms are small and basic; free basic breakfast, nice enough staff, Wi-Fi not free, but pubs have free wireless!

Room Tip: May want to request a room that does not face the street for a quieter stay although noise not a big...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at Comfort Inn London - Edgware Road, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for honouring us with four stars and placing this review on TripAdvisor.

We are delightful to read how much you enjoyed your stay at the Comfort Inn Edgware Road. I readily agree with you regarding the fabulous neighbourhood filled with great restaurants and most of the London attractions being with in an easy reach.

We hope you will consider a future stay with us so that we can provide another memorable experience.

Kind regards, Abida.
Kingsbridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We needed to find a room at relatively short notice and was surprised to find somewhere for the two of us around the £50 to £60 mark. Checked it out here on trip advisor and whilst there were quite a few good reviews there were a couple of negative ones so we were slightly apprehensive before arriving.

As mentioned elsewhere the entrance is basically a converted shop front that sits on a busy street with lots of other shops so first impressions can be misleading.

We arrived early and therefore had to leave our bags in the luggage room and we were directed to a cupboard that sits off the dining room, as others mentioned this was left open and we were able to enter unaccompanied where there were several other suitcases already. Later on in the day when we returned to check in and collect our bags we were pleased to find the door locked and that are bags were still there.

The hallway and stairs to the rooms looked slightly worn but nothing to worry about, the room was a good size (I have stayed in some places before where it is extremely cramped) and clean. The room we had which was overlooking a side street had a TV, air conditioning, tea and coffee, hair dryer and even a safe (someone else mentioned thefts so not sure if they had a safe and used it?). The bathroom had a good shower and was clean and functional. Overall the the room was comfortable, clean and whilst it showed some signs of use (a few marks in the carpet, damaged skirting) it was nothing to worry about.

Breakfast had a good selection of cereals, breads, grapefruit segments, cheeses and yogurts and considering the price we paid was perfectly acceptable.

The location is about 10 minutes from the Tube Station and we did not find any problems in getting in to central London.

All in all it was a good experience and I would rather stay here and save money on my room so that I can spend more eating out and going places, after all, for us it was just a place to sleep overnight and we were not looking for any more.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at Comfort Inn London - Edgware Road, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Samjon,

Thank you very much for writing a detailed review on your recent stay with us.

I’m glad you liked the location, complimentary continental breakfast, the rooms and many other services Comfort Inn Edgware road Hotel provides. Thank you for appreciating the housekeeping efforts, I must say they do put in a lot of effort to make guests feel comfortable and at home.

Following your point regarding the open luggage room, I would like to assure you that security is one of our top main concerns. We have CCTV cameras operating in all areas of the building. Even if the luggage room stays open (which is very rare) we’re constantly monitoring all the activities through the cameras. As your review indicates we provide all the basic facilities in the room in order to make your stay convenient and secure. The amenities include a safe lock system in each and every room for the security of our guest’s belongings. It’s obviously the guest’s choice to use or not to use the services after the check in.

Once again, thank you for recommending us on TripAdvisor and we hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in near future.

Best regards,
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

It is what it is .. basic, but perfectly comfortable and clean hotel. Rooms are on the small side, although I was on my own so it wasn't too important. The hotel doesn't stand out on Edgware Road .. it is basically a door with a sign above it and does have a slightly hostel look to it. Location wise it suits if you are in this part of town, it's about a 10 minute walk to the tube station and overall probably a 20 minute walk to Hyde Park corner. Edgware Road is a busy road, but the noise didn't significantly permeate into the room. Breakfast was nothing special and I decided to breakfast at a local cafe with better coffee. Overall the value is good .. but you are not in central London and will need public transport.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at Comfort Inn London - Edgware Road, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Dear Ihanney,

Thank you for staying with us and providing your feedback.

We appreciate the fact that you have summed up almost all the aspects in your review. I would humbly like to provide a little more information regarding the area. We are located in Central London with a maximum distance of 15-20 minutes away from London’s most of the famous attractions. The nearest tourist attractions located not more than 5-10 minutes away in a bus are Hyde Park, Oxford Street Madame Tussauds, Buckingham Palace, Little Venice, Lords Cricket Ground and the list goes on...

I readily agree with you regarding the main entrance to the hotel. It can sometimes be deceptive but I’m glad you found the rooms clean and cosy. We would’ve loved it if you tried our complimentary continental breakfast once, I’m sure you would’ve not regret it. We would like to say a big ‘Thank You’ for your visit and also for sharing your experience with us. We always thrive to do more and your comments help us to improve in all areas of our service.

I Hope you’ll give us another chance, we will be looking forward to serve you again in near future.

Best wishes,
Bristol, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stayed in the hotel last week with a few colleagues and got my wallet, glasses and SatNav stolen in my bedroom. I wasn't the only one as one of my colleague also got his wallet stolen in his bedroom.

The hotel manager didn't care at all and was basically saying that we were lying.

Obviously we never got anything back. I would strongly advise to avoid the hotel.

On top of that, the area is really not nice and very noisy. Bedrooms are also really hot and none of our air-conditioning were working.

Worst experience ever.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at Comfort Inn London - Edgware Road, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear Caroline,

Thank you for posting a review on your recent stay with us.

It is our ultimate goal to make sure that our guests have an enjoyable and comfortable stay but it seems the case has turned out to be completely different here. We regret to hear about your experience. I believe we reported to the police and investigation was held. We are still in touch with the police in order to find out the root cause of the incident. We will keep on updating you and please feel free to contact us directly at abida.abbas@4chotels.co.uk or ahmed.khan@4chotels.co.uk. I would like to assure you that this is not our daily standard of practice as we have a very high hotel security system in the rooms as well as the common areas.

Once again we apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,
Abida.

Been to Comfort Inn London - Edgware Road? Share your experiences!