Upon my arrival, at around 3pm, I asked to the lady at the front desk for the wireless code since i was in London for a business related trip, to what she consulted her computer and told me that the system as down and the wireless not working. That she would call my room to let me know when this was fixed.
Since i was coming from NY i was quite tired and took a two hour nap. As soon as i woke up, I called again to the front desk to ask for the Internet code. What was my surprise as i was waking up, that the same lady responded: ' I told you i would call your room when it was fixed. I haven't called you so that means it hasn't been fixed" No pleases, no thank yous, no i apologise, nothing! the rudest person I encountered during my whole 2 business weeks through out Europe.
As I was in a hurry to send some mails and check my e-mail, I turned on the roaming so i could use the Internet from my ipad. You can now imagine the cost of it and how much money I received my bill for this issue.
As i was leaving, I saw some people at the hotel with their phones with a piece of paper talking about the Internet and the code they needed. They did have Internet and the Internet was working for them. i asked them about that paper and they told me it was given to them at reception.
So I went to the conference I was supposed to attend on October 10th without saying nothing, and did not return until past midnight.
Upon my return, I then asked for the internet code and was given to me without looking at any computer, just a piece of paper and a code in it. Apparently the person in charge during the night shift was not given the indication of not giving the code to me or my kind of reservation (i think).
As I received it, something smelled bad to me. How could it be that the person in the afternoon had to check a computer to give me the code, and this gentleman only gave me a piece of paper.
I decided to ask for the afternoon lady's name, to which I was replied: "What, What happened" and then I lied: "Nothing, i just wanted to thank her" and then he replied: "she will be back tomorrow" and then I asked for her name again and he said: " i can not give you her name, she will be back tomorrow".
The next morning I wanted to make some phone calls and was answered by front desk. They told me that, well...... the phone was not working. Not working!!! No internet, No telephone. No contact with the outside world at a hotel?? How could you have a business like that???
Once again, I had to turn my phone roaming because the hotel that promised internet included in the fee and basic needs such as telephone, was not working. My phone bill arrived rocket high.
I had to leave to another conference and asked for the internet to figure out what was going on. The answer was the same, the internet is not working. I asked to the person at the front desk when will it work to what he replied: "i don't know, our IT department is working on it, you will be called to your room as soon as possible"
What he didn't know is that i was using the internet (with the code the night clerk gave me without hesitation) as I spoke to him. It was all a lie.
I sent them a complaint e-mail, but received only apologies. They are cheap in all ways.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Inn London Edgware Road is situated in London's West End, a hub of everything that makes central London unique and is a favoured starting point from which to tour London. Visit Earls Court, Harrods, Piccadilly, Marylebone, and Paddington, and you'll also be only a stone's throw away from Heathrow Express, marble arch, Hyde Park Corner, Regent's Park, Hotels Near Oxford Street, Lord's Cricket Ground, Madame Tussauds, and Baker Street. This being London's West End, theatre offerings are robust. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Comfort Inn London - Edgware Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Edgware Road Hotel London
- Comfort Inn London - Edgware Road England
- London Comfort Inn