“Cheap and Nasty” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #931 of 1,066 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Cheap and Nasty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

For £45 near Victoria Station you dont expect much, and this is delivered .The Belvedere offers 2 communal bathrooms and showers, one of which was out of order due to "storm" which must have been the 87 one. Water dripping through roof. Second bathroom tatty with evidence of water penetration as well.
Single glazed rooms with plenty of traffic noise even on the third floor, no plugs in any sinks and chipboard hanging area which was only good for a skip. Room decor tatty and metal frame single bed. Staff friendly and heplfull. Roof repairs to keep the rain out, a lick of paint, some sink plugs and a bonfire of room furniture would sort this hotel to a basic but not unpleasant level. Untill then pay more elsewhere and avoid.

Room Tip: Pay more for a better experience elsewhere.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Polish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stayed here with my partner for one night while visiting London to see an event at wembley.

After reading all these reviews I was dreading staying here and expecting the absolute worst. But to be honest you have to be realistic. For such a cheap price and so central in London you can't be expecting great things.

The rooms were clean and the staff friendly. The hotel is very run down and the rooms are basic and needing a lick of paint. The hotel is an excellent location, literally 2 minutes walk from Victoria station/tube, which is ideal.

I wouldn't advice a long stay here. A long weekend is about all I think is advisable but if you are not planning on spending a late amount of time at your hotel then I don't see any problem with a short stay here (you don't come to London to stay in your room)

However, I would definitely not bring children to this hotel.

Be realistic with the price your paying.

• Stayed October 2013
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I have already stayed here three times and would definitely recommend it. It's perfect if your after some where to base yourself for a few days sight seeing. The rooms have everything you need and its clean. There's a tube very close. Lots of shops/cafes and pubs on its doorstep. I had a good nights sleep and for good value for money. Staff is very friendly and professional especially receptionist Eva. Victoria stations is just around a corner so you can easily get to every London airport.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Paignton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We arrived to the hotel and went to the reception to book ourselves in. We got to the counter and there was a man that was foreign called Tad who had no idea how to run a hotel. We werent even on their database for even booking two rooms, we had booked over half a year ago. The man barely spoke english and it was a huge effort and took about half a hour (no joke!) to get our our keys. The man could not work out who we were after telling him about 4 times. Eventually we got to our rooms which were a disgusting state! My friend did a faceplant up the stairs because the carpets were taped together and had dirty marks all over them. We even saw a towel with human faeces on it. It looked like a someone had gone to the toilet and wiped their bum along the carpet. The rooms were hideous and later on that night another family walked into our room. We were turfed out and expected to move. We were given another room with a padlock on the toilet door saying out of order sorry for any inconvience caused. There was blood on the bed were we slept. We actually urinated in the bin because the toilet was something out of a horror movie and was disgusting. I will add a photo later. Outside the other room we booked there was a sign saying do not touch the light switches high voltage and the electric was hanging out of the ceiling and walls. Im glad we didnt stay for the £2.50 breakfast and the canteen was like never Ive seen before. When we went to sleep we could hear everyone having sex and banging of the beds. I got back from clubbing and the receptionist refused to let me into my room as my friends were still in town with my key. I argued with him for about half hour and eventually got in my room. This place is a complete dog pit. I have never been so disgusted in my life. Never seen so many out of order signs. When we left our rooms we saw all sorts of people come and go, I think this place is used for prostitutes. It seemed like a brothel house. Never again!

P.S The people who have said this hotel was great were obviously written by staff as it has many bad reviews. At least we didnt have a tramp outside our room!!!

Room Tip: Dont come here......Run away!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

they have never cleaned my room. the toilet was so dirty and without a shower...in 3 days they didn't change my towel..only one...the position is amazing just 5 minutes away walking from Victoria station. the uqality was bad and too much expernsive for the services...the breakfast....speechless:(

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Maidstone, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is terrible the rooms are not even fit for habitation. The signs in reception told me a lot about the place when we checked in. Breakfast £2.50, where in London can you buy breakfast for £2.50? Also the receptionist advised that there would absolutely no refunds which indicated to me that he knew were going to a horrible place. We were given our room key and told that our room was a basement room a couple of doors down the street. As we walked down the stairs the smell of dampness became apparent. When we opened the door to the hallway the smell got even worse and the were clear patches of damp on the walls. We entered our actual room and it can only be described as a bed sit, the kitchen was dated and the walls and floor were filthy. The back door was left unlocked and the toilet was leaking all over the floor. We had planned to go to the theatre and then stay over. We locked up the room left our bag and headed to the theatre and out for a meal. When we returned to our room at around 10.30pm we were greeted by a tramp laying on the stairs down to our room and the heating was on so high it was like an oven. There were no windows in the room only doors which we did not want to open as we felt like it would be dangerous to do so. After 5 minutes we decided even was enough, we grabbed our bags and left to walk back to Victoria station to get the train home. This place is so bad I wouldn't even let my pet dog stay here, how reputable companies such as Booking.com can allow such a place on their website is beyond me. I have never had such a bad experience where I have left the hotel without staying and I hope I never do again. Avoid this place at all costs, there is a Premier Inn less than 500m away, stay there at least you know what you are going to get.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Guernsey, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

This is a basic hotel in london victoria the price is very good and it clean, i have stayed her 3 or 4 times and had no complaints the reception staff are always helpful, You need to leave a £5 deposit for the tv remote so remenber to take the remote back to the reception before you leave to get your £5 back. I will defo be staying here again :-)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Belgrave House Hotel? Share your experiences!