“Not the best stay” 2 of 5 stars

28-32 Belgrave Road | Victoria, London SW1V 1RG, England (Victoria)   |
Ranked #933 of 1,065 Hotels in London
“Not the best stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

The good side is that you're 2 blocks away from the Victoria Station. On the other hand, if you're the type of person who spent the entire day walking up and down the city and by the end of the day, all you want is a good confy bed and nice shower, this is not the place for you. Moreover, dusty carpets everywhere!

• Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Polish first
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stayed here for one night back in September 2012. I was in London for a night at the end of my holiday, and just needed somewhere cheap to stay close to Victoria Station to get my coach to Heathrow in the morning. The location is excellent, a short walk to Victoria Station and near a lot of tourist attractions. The staff were very nice and friendly, didn't charge me extra when I checked out late in the morning. I paid $50 Australian (around $35 pounds) for a room with a double bed. The room was fine, the bed was a good size and clean, you get a decent TV, and a sink and shower in the room. It's what you would expect for the price. However, I went to use the shared toilet down the hall and it was DISGUSTING. It was the worst stench I have ever smelled. The shower in the room stank of urine, so I think a lot of people had used that rather than brave the toilets. These two things are why I've given a low rating. Overall, for one night if you're on a tight budget it's fine, but I definitely wouldn't stay longer. Just because it's a budget hotel doesn't mean they don't have to clean the toilets!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Gibraltar
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

When I arrived after a delayed flight, I had no problem finding the hotel. It was right next to Easyjet hotel. The staff were nice to me and I had no problems showing my online booking, which I had printed off to show them my room booking. With all the reviews I had read, I had doubted their services. But after experiencing my stay with the hotel, I am writing a positive review.
You are paying very little considering the location of the hotel and it is in Zone 1 and the buses take you straight in to Oxford street, Marble arch, Tottingham court road and other main stops for easy shopping. The room was enough for a couple who only need to use the room for leaving their shopping freshening up. You have a tiny shower and a good sized sink in the room. I am not fussed about the size to be honest since the shower was powerful and very warm. The double bed was fine for me. They also changed my two towels every day. Advice is to make sure you keep most of your belongings in side of your suitcase with the lock. (that complies to all hotels not just this one. Free wifi was a bonus since I travelled alone on this occasion and I was able to use skype. The toilet is one flight of stairs down. Only problem is you can hear other people around you. One window pane had a crack but that was only on the outer glass since it is double glazed. It did not affect the heating in the room. I had a good 5 nights sleep there and I would go again. Continental Breakfast is £2.50 a day and you have to be in the breakfast room from 7am to 9am. I saw a person complain he was not given toast because he arrived after 9am. To be honest he should have respected the hotel time slots for breakfast. The man in the reception seems a bit distant at first, but if you speak to him, he opens up to be much friendlier than first perceived. The staff are very nice once you get talking to them.

Room Tip: Try and ask for a first floor room if you can. The stairwell is narrow and if you have to take heavy...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here twice whist visting the boyfriend paid for one night two ppl an extra so could check out next day at 5pm coming in that night was questioned by fella on reception an told id only paid for one so bit off annoyance considering i booked a double room after a while off getting my booking sorted went to bed. Booked the next weekend for a night an also paid extra to stay to 5 again same happened on coming in that night but was quickly sorted but next morning got a rap on the door about 10 saying i had to check out went to reception to tell the girl i had paid exrta to stay to 5 but she wouldnt listen i told her id been the the weekend before an could i speak to the guy who took my booking to be told no very cheeky said was going to fone place if i hadnt left in ten minutes even tho id basically paid for two nights so was left on the street only booked as was somewhere near boyfriends work an a bed it was but no where near the value for what they charged toliet was stinking an staff even more stinking attitude i actually wouldnt even stay if the let me for free carpets bout 50 yrs old walls stinking just an actual run down dump not worth a penny

• Stayed February 2013
Barcelona, Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

i have just landed from a 12h flight and needed a proper rest, as the next day i had loads to do before continuing my journey....it was a depressing tiny room less than 2 meters wide. a broken window and no heating.when i say broken window i dont mean that i could open it, i mean that the crystal was broken!..was freezing cold!i complained but it was the last room so they gave me an extra duvet and a air-heating. because it was so noisy i switched it off after a couple of hours as i couldn't sleep. i woke up nearly frozen. It was dirty and old. The shared bathroom was also dirty and the wall is falling in pieces. The worst hotel ive ever stayed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Porto Alegre
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This hotel is a good choice for stay in London. The location is nearby the Victoria station and this is good. Also, the staff from this hotel was pleasant and helpful during my stay. But I have two complains to do: 1. My bed was too soft, for those one that like this way is good, but I prefer a little bit more like orthopedic bed and also the bathroom is quite little. 2. When I was checking out I got to staff and try to pay with cash, but he told me that he's already charged me with the credit card that I inform for safety on my checkin. Not good, try to remember asking they to NOT do this if you want to spend your lasts pounds. But overral, is a good choice to save money and get closer to a tube station.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

The location is good and the staff was polite. On the other side the room me and my girlfriend got was rundown and tired, and my personal favorite was the bathroom which seemed to have been taken from retired trains. The rooms was freezing which was a specially noticeable when I removed the bed covers and the fat from the covers melted in your fingers. I the whole place could use a renovation. The hotel was a great inspiration to get out and explore London.

Been to Belgrave House Hotel? Share your experiences!