“real London pub” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #52 of 1,197 Nightlife in London
Type: Bar/ Clubs, Bars
More attraction details
Owner description: You will find The Blackfriar in Blackfriars London within a short stroll of Blackfriars Bridge, Upper Thames Street and Fleet Street - however you won't find another like it.Step in to discover a traditional pub of unique character, revered for its eclectic range of real ales and its quality pub food, which are served, as they should be, with a generous measure of famous British hospitality.The Blackfriar is one of many rare gems in the Nicholson's collection of great British pubs, reputed for their distinctive buildings, intriguing history and vibrant atmosphere.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 attraction reviews
“real London pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We went there in hopes to get traditional Sunday roast, but they didn't have it. We tried traditional fish and chips and chicken pies and they didn't disappointing. The cider on tap was delicious. The decor was very interesting. Enjoyed this place very much!

Visited November 2012

wales
5 attraction reviews
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

What a brilliant pub and place to eat, fish and chips excellent. Staff lovely and lovely and clean. We will be back x x

London, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
“an original pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Near the Blackfriars underground station, you can find this bar, which we saw by chance, we didn t know about it and then we thought to enter and have a drink. The exterior doesnt seem to be quite attractive but the interior is breathtaking, those two rooms are decorated with mosaics, statues, marble columns, impressive .I can not say the same thing about the staff who was very negligent... Two customers who want to sit at one of the tables around were forced to collect plates with leftover food and taking it to the bar. Despite the less pleasant aspects, highly recommend this pub, I think you will feel good inside.

Visited August 2012
Waitsfield, Vermont
“Genuinely Fantastic Pub!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

A truly beautiful bar--nice ale selection, great atmosphere that needs to be seen to believed, decent pub food and easy to find--in a town where I didn't think too much was easy to find, this last point seemed worth mentioning. Only been twice, but one of my all time favorite pubs on the planet.
....I thought I was writing a restaurant review, but I see that this is listed under 'attractions'....and I'm cool with that--it's gone beyond being just a bar and become a tourist destination--now that is the mark of a quality bar!

Visited November 2011
Hartford, Alabama
“Loved It!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

This pub was recommended to us by the hotel staff.

I absolutely loved it! The interior is wonderful. The staff was friendly and informative. I had the chicken and mushroom pie. Oh my gosh! It was so good and the crust was the lightest, flakiest I've ever had.

Be aware: The small dining room with the sign "Table Service Only" does not mean that. You have to order at the bar and the staff brings the food. Not a big issue, but for first timers, we waited way too long before we were informed of this. We were told they were short handed, but a regular told us that of all the times they had been there, they had never had table service. They had to order from the bar. They need to take down the sign.

This pub is well worth a visit for the food and atmosphere. It is convenient to the London Blackfriars Station.

Visited September 2012