“Friendly staff and good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tudor Court Hotel

You added Tudor Court Hotel to your Saves list
Tudor Court Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10-12 Norfolk Square, London W2 1RS, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #590 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Toronto, Canada
“Friendly staff and good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 5 nights. The staffs are very helpful and friendly. The location of the hotel was great, only a few mins walk to the bus stations, and subway. The only down side was the sleep quality, because we there is no air condition, we had to leave the ceiling fan on and the motor of that fan was loud, which was unfortunate, because after many hours of walking, the last thing you want is a buzzing sound to stop you from a good night rest.

Room Tip: There is no elevator in the hotel, so it's best to ask for a second level room so you won't...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted that you liked our hotel. I do take your point about air conditioning although the recent weeks have seen some very unseasonally high temperatures in London (which is not normally a problem!).

Connan Gupta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

The location of this hotel is a really big bonus, so accessible to everywhere from here whether it's walking, the underground or buses.
The rooms were efficient and comfortable.
Staff were also nice and helpful too.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Guest,

What a delightful review – many thanks. My staff will be very pleased too to read your nice comment about them.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Unlike some others we had no problems with the staff or the morning breakfast. The standard English breakfast was very good, although baked beans was strange to us. We stayed for a couple of days in August and ate breakfast three times. The staff was friendly, and we spoke to many of them on numerous occasions, we even spoke to the owner one evening, he was very nice. The room was clean and nice although small, the free wireless worked well. The only real complaint was the shower. It was a corner of the bathroom, with a semicircular curtain. It overflowed every time we took a shower and left the bathroom floor wet. We informed room service, and they worked on it, it got better, but still not great. This is an outstanding location near Paddington Station.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Robert,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and to read that you have discovered the great British baked bean! I hope you enjoyed them.

Your kind remarks about our staff (and Mr Gupta senior) are much appreciated.

We have sorted out that issue with the shower. Thank you for drawing it to our attention.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

My holiday started by a very warm welcome by a lovely Italian receptionist, and then I was shown my cosey double room, 306, which was very clean and spacious. Breakfast was very delicious and was served immediately on time. The staff again I must say was very friendly, polite and professional. The location is central london, you have everything within a few footsteps away, buses going to central london, paddington station.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

What a fantastic review – many thanks. Hopefully we will see you again soon.

Berlin, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I stayed two nights in this hotel close to Paddington Station.
I will mention the bad thing as first.
At night there was a horribly rude lady at the desk.
Since my tv was not working I asked if it was possible to do something about it and she replied no I am here alone cannot leave the desk, try yourself to fix it.
I went down and told her tv was still not working and asked if it was possible to change the room.
She rudely said the hotel was full, which it was not.(internet said rooms available...)
Ok...no room change.
Can I have a free wi fi at least? Of course NOT. All in such an annoyed and rude tone.I started saying that a bit of customer oriented service would be nice, and possibly some politeness as well...and she aggressivily came out of her desk and said OK I WILL COME UP THEN....
I told her...nevermind...I will stay tv-less for tonight. Thanks a lot anyway.

Anyway...other details were...the room smelt bad. The stench came from the toilet. A strong sewage smell. Not nice.
Other small detail....5th floor no elevator, tiny staircase. Of course it´s an old London house. Just keep that in mind if you have mobility issues.
The rest of the staff was kind. The couple who runs the hotel was really nice. Still I can´t understand who hired such a rude unmotivated person for the night shift.
The room was tiny, but cosy. Can´t complain about that. The bathroom...well...it´s the size of a plane toilet, shower included. But it worked anyway.
Positive note about the hotel is the location. Very central and plenty of pubs and restaurants nearby.
But the experience I had with the night lady was simply unacceptable. I never had something like that. And I am an experienced traveler.
I did not have the time to talk to the manager in person, I just hope someone will read this review and act consequently.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
connang, Owner at Tudor Court Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I was naturally disappointed to read how low you rated our hotel and to read about your experience with our night duty receptionist. I have therefore investigated what happened.

First of all, I would like to apologise that the tv was not working and that our receptionist was unable immediately to come up to your room to fix it (the time being about 11pm) but would do so as soon as possible. As I understand it, you came down to reception and, as the tv was still not working, you asked to change room instead. Unfortunately, the hotel was full and if my receptionist appeared rude then I do sincerely apologise – all my staff are trained to treat guests as they would want to be treated themselves. In particular I am sorry if our explanation that another room was not available and that neither was she able to issue a free wifi voucher at that time came across badly. It was not meant to be so.

As to the room, I am slightly mystified about the smell you refer to, as the room is cleaned daily and we take pride in cleanliness. We would not have made that room available for a booking otherwise.

I am however very grateful to you for your kind comments about the rest of my staff and about our hotel and do hope that when you are next in London you will come to stay with us again – I am sure your experience will be much improved.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed at the Tudor Court Hotel on our last night in London; we chose it specifically for its proximity to Paddington Underground station. All in all, it was a room with comfortable beds and enough space for the two of us to move around without always being in each other's path. There is no lift to the rooms, so I was glad we were on the second floor. The staff was courteous and helpful; they let us leave our bags until it was time to check in and offered to assist us in making transportation plans for the next morning. However, I could not get over the size of the bathroom; it must have been a closet originally and the fixtures looked as though they were made for a bus or an airplane. You could literally sit on the toilet, wash your hair in the shower, and brush your teeth in the sink...all from one spot. I had to use the shower room in the hall the next morning because the shower in our room was so small. The WiFi was free for half an hour, then it was 6 pounds for 24 hours use. There are staff on the desk 24/7, which was nice. We didn't eat the breakfast, so I can't rate that, but the short distance to the Underground and train stations made it a good value for us.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased that you liked our hotel and found it to be good value. Thank you for posting your review.

We do have a variety of rooms at different sizes and prices and I do accept that some of our bathrooms can be compact – a feature of our characterful and listed-building status. Apart from using the hall shower room I hope this was not too inconvenient for you.

Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed in a compact double room for 5 nights. The location of this hotel is very good and it's so easy to go to any place by taking train/underground/bus. Also, you can take heathrow express or connect train to go to the airport easily. We had read the reviews and aware of the "compact" space. Unfortunately, our room was located in the top floor (level 6) and there was no lift in the hotel. The staff helped us to carry our luggage to our room. The service was very good, staff is available 24/7. They helped us to print out tour booking ticket and boarding passes for free. The hairdryer in our room was not working but the staff gave us another one to use. We also enjoyed the breakfast provided by the hotel.

Room Tip: I would recommend the compact room if you have limited budget and do not demand a room with big spac...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

It was a delight for me to read your review about your recent stay with us. We don’t have a lift, as you say. This would reduce the character of our lovely building. Our staff are always on hand though to help.

Thanks again.

Connan Gupta

Been to Tudor Court Hotel? Share your experiences!