“Grange St. Pauls” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grange St. Paul's Hotel

Save Saved
You added Grange St. Paul's Hotel to your Saves list
Grange St. Paul's Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Godliman Street, London EC4V 5AJ, England (City of London)   |
Ranked #252 of 1,072 hotels in London
Bath, United Kingdom
“Grange St. Pauls”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Spent a pleasant weekend here. Hotel staff very helpful about local parking restrictions. Very large comfortable bed & spacious bathroom. Only on 4th Floor and room looked out on to offices. Not too inspiring but we weren't that bothered. Well equipped gym and pleasant pool. Would have given this 5 stars if someone had been on hand to run through how to operate the equipment when I wanted to use it.

If you want to explore the City this is a very convenient location. Remember several cafes and sandwich outlets close at weekends. If you are driving in from the West, check out the access route first. Best to use the Embankment and take a left turn just past Blackfriars Bridge underpass

Use some airmiles to book, so the trip was good value. Wouldn't pay the £200+ per night walk in rate.

Convenient bus stop with buses to The Tower, Charing Cross and Oxford Street just around the corner opposite St Pauls.

On the down side is the wait for the lifts in the main lobby but there are extra lifts at the other end of the building. Also a bit dissappointing that there was no complimentary water in the rooms

2,148 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Turkish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stayed 1 night with a party of 8 others (including 4year old child), check in was quick and easy with lovely friendly staff. Our 4 rooms were separated in different parts of the hotel but that didn't really bother us.
Location is fab, great views of St Pauls (directly next to it!), easy tube access (Mansion House, St Paul's, Blackfriars) and 2mins walk from Millennium Bridge to access the South Bank.
Room was great with 2 double beds as a twin room. Plenty of space, tea/coffee facilities, large bathroom with excellent shower and best of all black out blinds for a perfect nights sleep!!
Room and rest of hotel was perfectly clean.
Breakfast wasn't included for us so can't pass comment but we didn't go hungry, we walked 5mins across Millennium Bridge to The Founders Arms for a great cooked breakfast.
Lovely bar and lobby and a great concierge service, including left luggage, which we took advantage of on Sunday before night time train.
All in all a great hotel, friendly staff, great location and would definitely stay again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Stayed for one night at the Grange, St Pauls. We had a superior room with a view of St Pauls. The room was lovely and clean (apart from some hairs in the bath plug - yuck) and very spacious. The bed was huge and comfortable and the linen luxurious. The hotel was really busy and the lifts can be a bit on the slow side but that was only a minor niggle. The staff we encountered were all helpful and professional. The buffet breakfast was super; lots of variety and plenty to choose from. I was really spoilt for choice! Tea and coffee were served at the table and kept topped up. All in all, a lovely stay in a central location, very close to St Paul's tube and the river. Would definitely recommend.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This is a large hotel and in one of the busiest parts of London. However, it is serene, peaceful, and quiet. Relaxing and refreshing come to mind.
Great choice of very good restaurants and bars . Couldn't try them all in a 3 day stay, but the standard and menu choice are very good. I'd go to eat at the Globe Restaurant if I wasn't staying at the hotel.
Rooms are spacious, comfortable, and decor is welcoming.
Service throughout the hotel is attentive and responsive with a relaxed friendly feel. You didn't get the impressions the staff had been to smiling school. Presumably. that is achieved by hiring the right people with the personality and attributes you want throughout the hotel.
The health club and spa are excellently equipped and the spa services are a comprehensive selection.
This is a hotel with top-rate facilities that has a friendly feel. Even though it is a busy and bustling it still seems to remain relaxed and calming. Tremendous location within a brief stroll of attractions and the Financial area of The City.
Not a criticism of the hotel but try not to leave teenage daughters able to sign against the room while you are out during the day! They loved the Spa.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I was 5 nights at this hotel. the structure is new
the location is strategic and very beautiful, in the heart of london and 2 steps from the Cathedral.
the rooms are very nice, big, confy, clean and the staff very kind.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We had a lovely stay. The hotel staff were very pleasant, unobtrusive but always there to guide you round the huge hotel space. The room was fine, fairly small I thought, but great view on a lovely sunny autumn morning. Breakfast was good, beds comfortable. I would certainly book again.

Monmouth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

My company arranged a corporate event at this hotel on the 19th of September which I attended, standing in for a colleague. I arrived at about 11am and went to speak to reception to confirm the room arrangements as I was expecting to have to do a bit of juggling to make sure the room had been moved into my name. The lady at reception couldn’t find a room in my name but found my colleagues which she booked me into and took a pre authorisation. She advised me to leave my bag with the concierge and come back at about 2pm when they could allocate me a room number.

I came back at 2pm and was advised that the rooms weren’t ready yet.

I came back at 5pm and reception said they would have to speak to the event organiser as my colleagues room had been cancelled and they didn’t know where to put me. The event organiser told them to put me in one of the 6 spare rooms we had booked as a contingency. The hotel staff (duty manager?) looked concerned at this point and I was beginning to get the impression that they didn’t know what was going on and didn’t have any rooms. I offered to go back to reception with him to collect the key and he advised that it may take a few minutes and that he would come to me with the key.

I returned to reception at 6.30pm as I hadn’t seen him to be told there were still problems and to take a seat in the lobby. We were due to leave for the black tie dinner at 7pm and at 7pm I was still sat in the lobby (unchanged) as my colleagues and guests left for the dinner.

Shortly after they put me in a room in an annex away from the hotel from which I rushed to the dinner.

Upon check out the following morning I asked to speak to the manager to complain and the gentleman that had been trying to help the previous day arrived. I recapped what had happened and he offered to reduce my bar bill by 10% & then 50% and offer I indicated wouldn’t make me feel like they really had taken the issues serious so I declined, checked out and left.

Others may find the service and organisation at the hotel acceptable but I didn’t and some of our guest didn’t and the event organiser didn’t. Beware.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Grange St. Paul's Hotel? Share your experiences!