“Very Good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grange St. Paul's Hotel

You added Grange St. Paul's Hotel to your Saves list
Grange St. Paul's Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Godliman Street, London EC4V 5AJ, England (City of London)   |
Ranked #285 of 1,052 Hotels in London
Milan, Italy
“Very Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I was 5 nights at this hotel. the structure is new
the location is strategic and very beautiful, in the heart of london and 2 steps from the Cathedral.
the rooms are very nice, big, confy, clean and the staff very kind.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (593)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We had a lovely stay. The hotel staff were very pleasant, unobtrusive but always there to guide you round the huge hotel space. The room was fine, fairly small I thought, but great view on a lovely sunny autumn morning. Breakfast was good, beds comfortable. I would certainly book again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Monmouth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

My company arranged a corporate event at this hotel on the 19th of September which I attended, standing in for a colleague. I arrived at about 11am and went to speak to reception to confirm the room arrangements as I was expecting to have to do a bit of juggling to make sure the room had been moved into my name. The lady at reception couldn’t find a room in my name but found my colleagues which she booked me into and took a pre authorisation. She advised me to leave my bag with the concierge and come back at about 2pm when they could allocate me a room number.

I came back at 2pm and was advised that the rooms weren’t ready yet.

I came back at 5pm and reception said they would have to speak to the event organiser as my colleagues room had been cancelled and they didn’t know where to put me. The event organiser told them to put me in one of the 6 spare rooms we had booked as a contingency. The hotel staff (duty manager?) looked concerned at this point and I was beginning to get the impression that they didn’t know what was going on and didn’t have any rooms. I offered to go back to reception with him to collect the key and he advised that it may take a few minutes and that he would come to me with the key.

I returned to reception at 6.30pm as I hadn’t seen him to be told there were still problems and to take a seat in the lobby. We were due to leave for the black tie dinner at 7pm and at 7pm I was still sat in the lobby (unchanged) as my colleagues and guests left for the dinner.

Shortly after they put me in a room in an annex away from the hotel from which I rushed to the dinner.

Upon check out the following morning I asked to speak to the manager to complain and the gentleman that had been trying to help the previous day arrived. I recapped what had happened and he offered to reduce my bar bill by 10% & then 50% and offer I indicated wouldn’t make me feel like they really had taken the issues serious so I declined, checked out and left.

Others may find the service and organisation at the hotel acceptable but I didn’t and some of our guest didn’t and the event organiser didn’t. Beware.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our 10 year wedding anniversary... We were very impressed with the hotel. Its in a great location, and its super modern.

The rooms were clean and very comfortable and just what i expected from a 5 star. I got a great night's sleep.

The bar snacks and restaurant facilities are great too.

My only slight complaint (and it doesn't put me off staying again) is that there was a huge queue for reception at check-in time... the wait for 15 minutes in the queue for a room key was an annoying start to our stay.

But the staff where lovely and helpful.

The SPA was OK - but i've been spoilt in better spa's. (not all the steam rooms where working, it wasn't the cleanest... There was no fresh robe in the locker.... floors were wet)
We got treatments in the spa - and the therapists were great, and treatment rooms where lovely. (the swimming pool and sauna lets it down)

Overall we'd a great time, and I'd happily stay here again next time i'm in London.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
High Wycombe
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We have stayed here a couple of times now over weekends. We book late and get a very good rate including continental breakfast. The hotel is mediocre as a 5* (hence the competitive rate I guess) and to me feels more like 4*.

The rooms are average sized with average equipment levels and below average views (particularly if you have an atrium facing room where you feel like you need to keep the curtains closed at all times anyway).

Location is very good (which is the main reason we stay here) being across the road from St Pauls, 2 minutes walk to the Millenium Bridge and less than 5 minutes walk to both Blackfriars and St Pauls tube stations. It's also 10 minutes walk to the office on Monday morning!

Breakfast is very mediocre with a poor selection of fresh fruit and long waits for tea/coffee but its enough to get you going in the morning. Drinks at the bars are expensive (as you'd expect from a "5*" hotel in central London) and I can't comment on the restaurants as there are plenty of places nearby to eat.

As many others have said, service needs addressing. We arrived in our room to find a half eaten sandwich on the bedside cabinet and crumpled duvet as if someone had been sitting on it. We couldn't be bothered wasting the time to complain though.

We did use the swimming pool which is a nice touch and quite refreshing after a day walking around town. However, there were no available lockers in the changing rooms so we had to take our stuff out to the pool with us. The girls on reception down at the pool/spa were also more interested in their Eastenders discussions than in their clients.

In summary this hotel has positives and negatives. Would we stay here again? Only if we got a deeply discounted rate. I think I would be pretty disappointed if we'd paid the full rack rate.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Ashford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Went here with my girlfriend for her birthday and it was amazing, had a few special requests that the hotel staff happily helped with including champagne, roses on the bed and cupcakes, which made it a superb experience, Spa was brilliant and as we stayed in the weekend we managed to get a great rate. Highly recommended. Also stunning views of St Paul's.

Room Tip: Get a room with a window over-looking St Paul's Cathedral.