“Passing by” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Limegrove Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Limegrove Hotel
101 Warwick Way, London SW1V 1QL, England (Victoria)   |
Ranked #659 of 1,075 hotels in London
“Passing by”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Was a few days there, had been in other hotels in the sector of Victoria and didn't like the treatment I got. This hotel is small, but the owners and workers make you feel at home. Lucky to find this place.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

47 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Was originally booked into the Golden Star Hotel down the road from this 'Hotel', to be told that after bit of light rain there was several rooms that were "water damaged", and had to be placed elsewhere.

We were shown down the road to the Limegrove Hotel, which ended up through a few doors which looked like private areas, into a room that was marked with nothing more than a 'z' scraped into the key and the door.

Upon entering the room, is became apparent that we were actually in half a room. From looking at the ceiling decoration it was clear that at one point the room next door was actually part of the same room, explaining why it was so amazingly small.
There were two single beds, not even pushed together even though we'd requested a double, and had to put the chairs on one bed to be able to move them together it was that small.
It was old, worn, and I've stayed in nicer youth hostels.

The shared toilet was also terrible and stank. Hot water was all it had going for it.

Breakfast was delivered to the door (hot drink, toast, corn flakes), and was ok, although very basic and no choice other than tea or coffee).

Location is great, really handy for the Victoria transport exchange and other central London sights, but that's pretty much all it's got going for it.

Overall? I'd have preferred to have paid less and stayed in a Youth Hostel, as at least you're getting what you're expecting.

Room Tip: Avoid room 'Z'
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
fuzhou
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

it\s a nice hotel, the manager and staff there are very friendly and easy-going, and the english breakfast there is very good, they gave me two eggs(very delicious) and plenty of toasts. and the location of the hotel is near the victoria station, you can go to many places of interests by walking.

Room Tip: rooms on the upper floors are very quiet
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Tokyo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I spent my Christmas in London and stayed in Limegrove hotel,well run by Joyce And her girls.She always obliged me with my needs.I am very concerned about these negative comments which has no relevance to the type of budget hotel Limegrove is.It's a breath of fresh air to come to a hotel pampered with breakfast(English) served in the room.Must say the rooms are clean and carpets are deliberately soiled by bad customers spilling coffee and tea,perhaps deliberately to complain about.She has a time getting this uptodate.Joyce terminates the stay of bad customers and they react with bad reviews and one such was the photos deliberately taken by one such person where she had messed up the bed,pulled the TV off the wall and placed a dustbin on the window and it's obvious that this was a deliberate act of wickedness against these genuine hotelier.I hope trip advisor removes this without giving opportunities for such vile people.

The area where this hotel is central to all attraction and fine pubs and restaurants.I would buy a day travel card to get about,if you are on a shoe string.

Room Tip: If you need the shops or places to eat exit the hotel then turn right. Towards the end of the road t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I visited London to have a holiday with my wife to celebrate our aneversery and to see our daughter studying in the UK. A friend recently back from London recommended this place to us and gave us an e mail address from which you have to book. Ill admit I was a bit unsatisfied having to telephone and wait awhile to check my card had been accepted and my booking confirmed but on arrival I was most satisfied. The room was clean and the service was prompt and good in particular the receptionists who were very helpful. For instant i accidently asked for a twin bed room (2 separate beds) instead of a double but as late as it was the staff quickly changed the bed for us. Whats more when I extended by stay for two more days having stayed 5 already I was given a good discount and we got a bottle of wine as a gift from the management when they found out that it was our anerversery. Like my friend who was here before I will deffinatley recommend this place to others.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I only came back to London with my partner to attend close friends funeral. I have not been back for almost 10 years now as I work abroad but a friend recomended I stay in central London Victoria as its is full of hotels. She was right, it was I ended up at the Lime Grove. I was imediatly impressed by the polite good nature of the hospitality shown by the staff who made me feel at home. The place is clean and tidy but I must say that its a bit of an 1980's/1990's time capsule and could do with some modernisation. It had internet which is a buck in the general mood of the place and if the connection ever was a bit slow I was happy to see that they always were willing to lend a cable free of charge which proved usefull for the family staying next door to us. I was definatley greatfull though to the receptionists and breakfast staff who I think did a good job especialy one receptionist who make me remember the place in a good light: We had got lost on my way back from the train station to the hotel one night and had lost oue map. Thankfully I still had my recipt so I called the hotel and she guided me back step by step which realy impressed me as later found I ended up blocking their booking telephone line for over 20 mins but you know what they didnt even tell me this at the time let alone complain the receptionist just stuck to helping me a lost customer out. I only found out it was the booking line on the internet. Also they did not have a bar but the breakfast staff were good enough to help and intoduced me to a regular customer of theirs who knew the local pubs. I went to the pub with him and on the subject of the Lime Grove he only had praise for the place.

I will proberbly not go back to London for a good number of years but if I dod this place is definatly the 1st on my list to try.

Room Tip: If the internet is slow as for a cable and the reception will give one free although I heard you hav...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
NZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I am currently doing some traveling around Europe and Asia. I have been to London many times but I normally stay at a Premier Inn. I happened to to come by London this time for a day to see my sister but the Premier Inn was booked up. I walked around and ended up in this place. Truth be told I would not describe it as modern or really good from the facilities point of view what did impress me though was the staff they were just so friendly. Although Premier Inn staff are pleasant they can be like zombies at times with no genuine character behind their smiles and "Thank You" s This place though being a small enterprise I guess has people working in it who seem to really care. Joyce in particular was very nice to me. She was so different to what I normally get in London. We had a good long chat in which she gave me some travel advice to get to my sisters. Despite it not being a official service she also recommended a few good taxi services to me which was a result as I saved about ten bucks than what I normally pay to get the airport. (A trip taxi men in London always try and rip you off if your from abroad) Although a little thing I was really touched that she noticed I had a nasty cold and offered me some local flu medicine despite me not even mentioning the fact I had caught a cold since landing in London. Although the place is a bit outdated I am happy to note that the room was clean and my room was quiet as I got a rear room facing what I found out from another customer was a school. I was just there for a night but I think Ill defiantly come back some time.

Room Tip: Ask for a rear room facing the school if peace and quiet is your thing. Room two is good as its clos...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Limegrove Hotel? Share your experiences!