“I had a very good stay indeed.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Limegrove Hotel

Limegrove Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Limegrove Hotel
You added Limegrove Hotel to your Saves list
101 Warwick Way, London SW1V 1QL, England (Victoria)   |
Ranked #566 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Tokyo
“I had a very good stay indeed.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I spent my Christmas in London and stayed in Limegrove hotel,well run by Joyce And her girls.She always obliged me with my needs.I am very concerned about these negative comments which has no relevance to the type of budget hotel Limegrove is.It's a breath of fresh air to come to a hotel pampered with breakfast(English) served in the room.Must say the rooms are clean and carpets are deliberately soiled by bad customers spilling coffee and tea,perhaps deliberately to complain about.She has a time getting this uptodate.Joyce terminates the stay of bad customers and they react with bad reviews and one such was the photos deliberately taken by one such person where she had messed up the bed,pulled the TV off the wall and placed a dustbin on the window and it's obvious that this was a deliberate act of wickedness against these genuine hotelier.I hope trip advisor removes this without giving opportunities for such vile people.

The area where this hotel is central to all attraction and fine pubs and restaurants.I would buy a day travel card to get about,if you are on a shoe string.

Room Tip: If you need the shops or places to eat exit the hotel then turn right. Towards the end of the road t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I visited London to have a holiday with my wife to celebrate our aneversery and to see our daughter studying in the UK. A friend recently back from London recommended this place to us and gave us an e mail address from which you have to book. Ill admit I was a bit unsatisfied having to telephone and wait awhile to check my card had been accepted and my booking confirmed but on arrival I was most satisfied. The room was clean and the service was prompt and good in particular the receptionists who were very helpful. For instant i accidently asked for a twin bed room (2 separate beds) instead of a double but as late as it was the staff quickly changed the bed for us. Whats more when I extended by stay for two more days having stayed 5 already I was given a good discount and we got a bottle of wine as a gift from the management when they found out that it was our anerversery. Like my friend who was here before I will deffinatley recommend this place to others.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I only came back to London with my partner to attend close friends funeral. I have not been back for almost 10 years now as I work abroad but a friend recomended I stay in central London Victoria as its is full of hotels. She was right, it was I ended up at the Lime Grove. I was imediatly impressed by the polite good nature of the hospitality shown by the staff who made me feel at home. The place is clean and tidy but I must say that its a bit of an 1980's/1990's time capsule and could do with some modernisation. It had internet which is a buck in the general mood of the place and if the connection ever was a bit slow I was happy to see that they always were willing to lend a cable free of charge which proved usefull for the family staying next door to us. I was definatley greatfull though to the receptionists and breakfast staff who I think did a good job especialy one receptionist who make me remember the place in a good light: We had got lost on my way back from the train station to the hotel one night and had lost oue map. Thankfully I still had my recipt so I called the hotel and she guided me back step by step which realy impressed me as later found I ended up blocking their booking telephone line for over 20 mins but you know what they didnt even tell me this at the time let alone complain the receptionist just stuck to helping me a lost customer out. I only found out it was the booking line on the internet. Also they did not have a bar but the breakfast staff were good enough to help and intoduced me to a regular customer of theirs who knew the local pubs. I went to the pub with him and on the subject of the Lime Grove he only had praise for the place.

I will proberbly not go back to London for a good number of years but if I dod this place is definatly the 1st on my list to try.

Room Tip: If the internet is slow as for a cable and the reception will give one free although I heard you hav...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
NZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I am currently doing some traveling around Europe and Asia. I have been to London many times but I normally stay at a Premier Inn. I happened to to come by London this time for a day to see my sister but the Premier Inn was booked up. I walked around and ended up in this place. Truth be told I would not describe it as modern or really good from the facilities point of view what did impress me though was the staff they were just so friendly. Although Premier Inn staff are pleasant they can be like zombies at times with no genuine character behind their smiles and "Thank You" s This place though being a small enterprise I guess has people working in it who seem to really care. Joyce in particular was very nice to me. She was so different to what I normally get in London. We had a good long chat in which she gave me some travel advice to get to my sisters. Despite it not being a official service she also recommended a few good taxi services to me which was a result as I saved about ten bucks than what I normally pay to get the airport. (A trip taxi men in London always try and rip you off if your from abroad) Although a little thing I was really touched that she noticed I had a nasty cold and offered me some local flu medicine despite me not even mentioning the fact I had caught a cold since landing in London. Although the place is a bit outdated I am happy to note that the room was clean and my room was quiet as I got a rear room facing what I found out from another customer was a school. I was just there for a night but I think Ill defiantly come back some time.

Room Tip: Ask for a rear room facing the school if peace and quiet is your thing. Room two is good as its clos...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
US Franki
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is my third visit to this hotel and commend hard working Joyce(manageress) and her equally hard working staff.How horrible to write even about a hotel still serve a cooked breakfast and even to serve it in the room.This I call a good service and I would recommend this hotel to my friends.I hope Tripadvisor positively promote this hotel as this hotel is favorite to many repeat customers such as me.

Room Tip: Basic rooms are value for money as there are ample facilities outside the room.Toilets are clean and...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

I had the misfortune of "treating" my wife to a midweek London break staying at the Limegrove Hotel, Warwick Way.

This bed and breakfast is not only filthy (and as an ex soldier I have slept in trenches), the decor is dated and in need of help. The "full english" breakfast consists a rubber egg and two dried out bacon rashers, cardboard toast (on plastic plates), tea and marmalade. The en-suite is so small that you have to poo with the door open, unless you walk into the filthy shower first.
Don't ask for a cup of tea, it's not included in the price apparently and "no sir, we don't do that!"
was their reply. Their is a beautiful whiff of sewage on entry, which you do get used to once you have managed to open your window, which is held open by a piece of wood.

All in all our midweek trip to London was a success, the Limegrove unfortunately, was not!

Should you have plans to stay here, please, please don't. I would not wish this on a homeless person whose only alternative was a shop doorway in Afghanistan.

Room Tip: Should you need a tip for a good room............. Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Passau, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

I´ve been there for 3 nights, and I would refuse to put one foot in there again. It was dirty, even the bedding I could´nt use the blanket, it seemd I could allready see all those little animals one doesn´t want to think about it. The breakfast was a joke, they call it roomservice but only if the whole house is packed and there is simply no space left. The shower and toilets are disgusting, I preferd to use the public toilets at Victoria Station....The whole house would need a complete updating and new management. I had seen such places before on the telly in "homes from hell".

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Been to Limegrove Hotel? Share your experiences!