“Very nice people here” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Limegrove Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Limegrove Hotel
101 Warwick Way, London SW1V 1QL, England (Victoria)   |
Ranked #661 of 1,073 hotels in London
NZ
“Very nice people here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I am currently doing some traveling around Europe and Asia. I have been to London many times but I normally stay at a Premier Inn. I happened to to come by London this time for a day to see my sister but the Premier Inn was booked up. I walked around and ended up in this place. Truth be told I would not describe it as modern or really good from the facilities point of view what did impress me though was the staff they were just so friendly. Although Premier Inn staff are pleasant they can be like zombies at times with no genuine character behind their smiles and "Thank You" s This place though being a small enterprise I guess has people working in it who seem to really care. Joyce in particular was very nice to me. She was so different to what I normally get in London. We had a good long chat in which she gave me some travel advice to get to my sisters. Despite it not being a official service she also recommended a few good taxi services to me which was a result as I saved about ten bucks than what I normally pay to get the airport. (A trip taxi men in London always try and rip you off if your from abroad) Although a little thing I was really touched that she noticed I had a nasty cold and offered me some local flu medicine despite me not even mentioning the fact I had caught a cold since landing in London. Although the place is a bit outdated I am happy to note that the room was clean and my room was quiet as I got a rear room facing what I found out from another customer was a school. I was just there for a night but I think Ill defiantly come back some time.

Room Tip: Ask for a rear room facing the school if peace and quiet is your thing. Room two is good as its clos...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

47 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
US Franki
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is my third visit to this hotel and commend hard working Joyce(manageress) and her equally hard working staff.How horrible to write even about a hotel still serve a cooked breakfast and even to serve it in the room.This I call a good service and I would recommend this hotel to my friends.I hope Tripadvisor positively promote this hotel as this hotel is favorite to many repeat customers such as me.

Room Tip: Basic rooms are value for money as there are ample facilities outside the room.Toilets are clean and...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

I had the misfortune of "treating" my wife to a midweek London break staying at the Limegrove Hotel, Warwick Way.

This bed and breakfast is not only filthy (and as an ex soldier I have slept in trenches), the decor is dated and in need of help. The "full english" breakfast consists a rubber egg and two dried out bacon rashers, cardboard toast (on plastic plates), tea and marmalade. The en-suite is so small that you have to poo with the door open, unless you walk into the filthy shower first.
Don't ask for a cup of tea, it's not included in the price apparently and "no sir, we don't do that!"
was their reply. Their is a beautiful whiff of sewage on entry, which you do get used to once you have managed to open your window, which is held open by a piece of wood.

All in all our midweek trip to London was a success, the Limegrove unfortunately, was not!

Should you have plans to stay here, please, please don't. I would not wish this on a homeless person whose only alternative was a shop doorway in Afghanistan.

Room Tip: Should you need a tip for a good room............. Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Passau, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

I´ve been there for 3 nights, and I would refuse to put one foot in there again. It was dirty, even the bedding I could´nt use the blanket, it seemd I could allready see all those little animals one doesn´t want to think about it. The breakfast was a joke, they call it roomservice but only if the whole house is packed and there is simply no space left. The shower and toilets are disgusting, I preferd to use the public toilets at Victoria Station....The whole house would need a complete updating and new management. I had seen such places before on the telly in "homes from hell".

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
belfast
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

i booked this before reading trip advisor - big mistake. But i always like to give everything a chance and make my own mind up. I was wrong to do this. I've stayed in poor places before but this was awful. The staff are lovely, pleasant and cheerful but that is all that i can say that is positive. When the front door is opened there is an awful smell that hits you. This is musty and strong. The carpets are mismatched, threadbare right through to the floor in parts and cabels run under them in parts. The walls and skirting have not seen paint in a long time. This is especially evident with the cracks that have been repaired really showing up the dirt. Of course there are cracks and areas of disrepair that have not been touched. The carpet in my bedroom was stained and the blanket on the bed was ripped and obviously very old and worn done. The cloth headboards on the beds were stained. The furniture in my bedroom did not fit and therefore a chest of drawers just sat in the middle of the already tiny space. The furniture was mismatched and badly worn resembling furniture found in second hand charity shops. The ensuit bathroom (which had been built into the room) was slightly better, obviously more modern but smelt bad and the shower dripped constantly, so much so the cleaners had to keep a towel on the floor to mop up the extra water that splashed over. There was so much stale water in the shower pipe that when having a shower the shower pan would completely fill with water. I attempted to change hotels but no where close had any room and for good reason they all looked lovely and clean and fresh. I resorted to buying Febreeze and air freshners and airing my room daily and even tho i only used this as a base to sleep in it was becoming depressing to return to each evening. The cleaners worked hard every day as my room was neat as a pin & my bathroom clean when i returned but it made no difference to the years of ingrained dirt.

Please save yourself any heartache and do not book this hotel. Despite how nice it looks from the outside and how pleasant the staff are it will not change the fact this building has been seriously neglected and the bedroom i saw was horribly depressing and the whole building internally looks and smells bad. It's a real shame because the location is amazing. Don't even stay here for one night, it is not nice. A family left and booked into the hotel next door, i was jealous as they got the last room meaning i couldn't get booked in.

tiny space. The furniture was

hat have

Room Tip: Unpleasant smell, stained carpets & headboards, don't risk it.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Norfolk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

Room number 8 we stayed in. The bedding was dirty the carpets were filthy and the full english breakfast contained two pieces of dry bacon and one egg !

Please dont stay here !

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Dover, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

So, so bad!! PLEASE, PLEASE avoid this hotel like the plague.

This was to have been a birthday present to my husband but as soon as the door opened my heart sunk. The stair carpet was threadbare and the room was an absolute tip. I wouldn't have put my worst enemy in there ......
If I was the proprietor of this hotel I would have been ashamed to have opened my doors to the public without having first given the place a thoroughly good clean and facelift throughout.

All the bedroom furniture was botched and looked as though it had been thrown together. The en-suite was a joke - a tiny "cupboard like" area with a toilet and shower. The wardrobe was an awful old cupboard with very little room to hang anything!

Needless to say we WILL NOT be returning.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Limegrove Hotel? Share your experiences!