“Don´t stay there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Limegrove Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Limegrove Hotel
Save Saved
You added Limegrove Hotel to your Saves list
101 Warwick Way, London SW1V 1QL, England (Victoria)   |
Ranked #670 of 1,074 hotels in London
Passau, Germany
“Don´t stay there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

I´ve been there for 3 nights, and I would refuse to put one foot in there again. It was dirty, even the bedding I could´nt use the blanket, it seemd I could allready see all those little animals one doesn´t want to think about it. The breakfast was a joke, they call it roomservice but only if the whole house is packed and there is simply no space left. The shower and toilets are disgusting, I preferd to use the public toilets at Victoria Station....The whole house would need a complete updating and new management. I had seen such places before on the telly in "homes from hell".

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

47 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
belfast
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

i booked this before reading trip advisor - big mistake. But i always like to give everything a chance and make my own mind up. I was wrong to do this. I've stayed in poor places before but this was awful. The staff are lovely, pleasant and cheerful but that is all that i can say that is positive. When the front door is opened there is an awful smell that hits you. This is musty and strong. The carpets are mismatched, threadbare right through to the floor in parts and cabels run under them in parts. The walls and skirting have not seen paint in a long time. This is especially evident with the cracks that have been repaired really showing up the dirt. Of course there are cracks and areas of disrepair that have not been touched. The carpet in my bedroom was stained and the blanket on the bed was ripped and obviously very old and worn done. The cloth headboards on the beds were stained. The furniture in my bedroom did not fit and therefore a chest of drawers just sat in the middle of the already tiny space. The furniture was mismatched and badly worn resembling furniture found in second hand charity shops. The ensuit bathroom (which had been built into the room) was slightly better, obviously more modern but smelt bad and the shower dripped constantly, so much so the cleaners had to keep a towel on the floor to mop up the extra water that splashed over. There was so much stale water in the shower pipe that when having a shower the shower pan would completely fill with water. I attempted to change hotels but no where close had any room and for good reason they all looked lovely and clean and fresh. I resorted to buying Febreeze and air freshners and airing my room daily and even tho i only used this as a base to sleep in it was becoming depressing to return to each evening. The cleaners worked hard every day as my room was neat as a pin & my bathroom clean when i returned but it made no difference to the years of ingrained dirt.

Please save yourself any heartache and do not book this hotel. Despite how nice it looks from the outside and how pleasant the staff are it will not change the fact this building has been seriously neglected and the bedroom i saw was horribly depressing and the whole building internally looks and smells bad. It's a real shame because the location is amazing. Don't even stay here for one night, it is not nice. A family left and booked into the hotel next door, i was jealous as they got the last room meaning i couldn't get booked in.

tiny space. The furniture was

hat have

Room Tip: Unpleasant smell, stained carpets & headboards, don't risk it.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Norfolk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

Room number 8 we stayed in. The bedding was dirty the carpets were filthy and the full english breakfast contained two pieces of dry bacon and one egg !

Please dont stay here !

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Dover, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

So, so bad!! PLEASE, PLEASE avoid this hotel like the plague.

This was to have been a birthday present to my husband but as soon as the door opened my heart sunk. The stair carpet was threadbare and the room was an absolute tip. I wouldn't have put my worst enemy in there ......
If I was the proprietor of this hotel I would have been ashamed to have opened my doors to the public without having first given the place a thoroughly good clean and facelift throughout.

All the bedroom furniture was botched and looked as though it had been thrown together. The en-suite was a joke - a tiny "cupboard like" area with a toilet and shower. The wardrobe was an awful old cupboard with very little room to hang anything!

Needless to say we WILL NOT be returning.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

we stayed here for one night we were on a theatre break..you have to pay up front so if you decide not to stay your loss their gain no refund... we found it basically clean... but not comfortable very very cramped we had a triple room and a double room there were 5 of us, one of the beds in the triple was broken the en-suite must be the smallest in London...the whole of the " Hotel?" was cramped we could not pass in the entrance only room for one..the decor is very dated and tired it needs seriously decorating and a change of furniture,the double room was near the entrance my daughter had little sleep with people knocking the door ringing the bell through out the night and general noise, breakfast was not what we expected.. room service beacuse they have no where for a dining room one chair in the room for 3 people we had to sit on the bed... hard egg bacon and toast tea coffee or not very nice orange juice. would we stay again no.I do not think it should be classed as a hotel it is a very basic overnight accomodation not even a b&b.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Brighton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2010

I hope to offer a fair, rather than emotive review, of our experiences of this hotel. After getting stuck in London due to half a centimetre of snow we were forced to find a place to stay for the night. This hotel was not our first choice but by this time in the middle of the night we reluctantly approached the door. After waiting several minutes for somebody to appear we were finally let into the hotel. It is quite unlike any hotel I have ever been to. There is no reception. Rather, a reasonably polite man informed us that he only had one room left, that it was a twin budget room and that the cost would be £55 for the night including breakfast. At least point we should have appreciated the literal nature of his statement. To be fair to the manageress, who by this time had appeared, she did offer to show us the room prior to our commiting. Rejecting this offer was a major error on our part, for if we had seen the room we simply would have left post haste. They took our money, and rather than being shown to our room were simply told it is 'up the stairs'. We negotiated the frankly unstable staircase without any help with our luggage and unlocked room 9. At this point it is worth noting that we are not unrealistic with what we expect a budget hotel to offer; there are however certain things that should be taken as given:
1. the hotel and room are clean
2. the hotel and room are well maintained
3. the hotel and room should be bug free

We entered into the room which was like walking back in time 50 years - fine if clean! The carpet was filthy, the furnature was ready to collapse, the ceiling had damp and had started to fall in on the room. In the corner there were holes and damp which I assume are the reason for the myriad of bugs, beetles and other disgusting creatures crawling over every surface in the room. All over the sink, the wardrobe, the bed, the walls, the ceiling, were large beetles scampering. At this point I decided, for my myself and by this point a very distraught fiancee, that this was not going to be conducive to an even reasonable nights sleep and so took all our luggage back downstairs and rang the front door bell eagerly waiting assistance.
I explained to the man that we had entered the room to find it infested with pests, that it was unacceptable and that I demanded a full refund immediately. He went to find the manageress who seemed genuinely quite surprised and concerend, and said that we could indeed obtain the refund we sought. They then went upstairs to check the room, at which point another older man who I can only assume was the owner appeared and started to apologise profusely. He informed us that the hotel normally maintains very high standards of cleanliness, as demonstrated by the fact that their entrance had been cleared of snow! I informed him that the cleanliness of the hotel, and any staffing issues they may be currently be having were his problem and not mine, and that all I was interested in at that point was obtaining a refund. The whole (I assume family) were very polite about the ordeal and indeed gave us the refund. They insisted that they are having issues with the cleaner and that this is contrary to their usual standard, indeed their was an advert in the window for a chambermaid!

So to offer something of a summary - the hotel was in a disgusting state. From a budget hotel I do not expect luxurary but I do expect it to be clean. To be fair to the management they dealt with it considerately, however I would not recommend that anyone stay here. In line with previous reviews on this site that go back to as early as 2004, the hotel seems far from being fit for purpose. I have noticed that the manageress is keen to put down any criticism of the hotel, but with so many bad reviews this seems to only make her efforts appear unjustified. The management clearly have not taken notice of reviews. The response 'we do all we can to keep the hotel clean' is not good enough. It should rather read 'we do keep the hotel clean'.
This was definatly the worst hotel I have come across.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2010

My wife and I stayed in Limegrove Hotel, Victoria for 3 nights (just this week) Not very far from Victoria bus and train stations (plenty of shops and food). The place is good, clean and neat. Room had good heating (in winter) and hot water running for bathing. Tours and maps are available easily. Wonderful part was breakfast was served in our rooms – our first experience. That means we could have the breakfast at our timing. Staff is very obliging – carried my heavy luggage right up to our room (cannot find this in B & B) and the owner (husband and wife team) were very hospitable and very friendly. I will not hesitate to stay there when I visit LON again. It was truly a good place to stay. Recommend this place to travellers to LON Victoria any time. - Richard & Peggy - Dec 2010

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Been to Limegrove Hotel? Share your experiences!