Myself and partner stayed here for a week in August '12 as an interim whilst relocating to London. Got a reasonable rate through an opaque booking site given it was Olympic season but beware - this hotel has no aircon, please consider this if staying in the summer! On our first night we were put into a room in the basement level that was twin only (we booked a double) and incredibly small. We were then moved to a room with a double on the ground floor just off reception which had a strange double door arrangement, a door into the room, then another door (with a wired glass window like an office door between this one metre square 'lobby' with bathroom off and the actual room , very odd and extremely unhandy to try and work through with luggage, it was like going through a turnstile! The room's window looked out onto a ground level courtyard area off which several other rooms accessed so was quite noisy and not very private, due to the "internal" window there was also no airflow at all and the room was unbelievably hot. We had to sit with both the window open and the door to the corridor propped open to get a little bit of a breeze through, not very relaxing! We mentioned this the next morning and said could we please get a room that was slightly bigger a with a suitcase each we couldn't open and close the door properly! If I had booked a cabin on a sleeper train or a ferry I wouldn't have been that surprised but this was seriously the smallest hotel room I have ever had. What worried me more was that according to the sign on the back of the door showing the layout and fire escape, there was another room even smaller than that!
Room for the rest of the week we were moved to on first floor was much better, almost three times the size and a little more airy - make sure and ask for a larger room on checkin! Nice continental breakfast available in the basement each morning but very busy.
Overall, if you get a decent room then this isn;t bad, five minute walk from Paddington and 7/8 to Hyde Park. Just make sure and ask not to be put in one of the "cupboard" rooms and avoid during the peak of summer heat I would suggest.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn London Hyde Park Hotel
- Days Inn London Hyde Park Hotel London
- Days Inn London
- Days Hotel London
- Day London
- Days Hotel London Hyde Park
- Days Inn London Hyde Park England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located in beautiful Sussex Gardens, Days Inn London Hyde Park hotel is the perfect spot to launch your London getaway. You will enjoy being so close to the hottest shopping, restaurants and attractions the city has to offer when you stay at our London, UK, hotel near Hyde Park.Our non-smoking hotel in London provides value in a prime spot of the city, just four minutes from Paddington Station. Before heading out, get your day started with free continental breakfast. After a long day, relax in our on-site lounge and unwind with movies on your LCD flat-screen TV. A free continental buffet breakfast is included and free Wi-Fi Internet access makes it easy to check email and stay on top of the news. We offer laundry and dry cleaning service and a business center. Parking is limited, however alternative options are close by. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Days Inn London Hyde Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.