“nice, really nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Shaftesbury Hyde Park International

Save Saved
You added Shaftesbury Hyde Park International to your Saves list
Shaftesbury Hyde Park International
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   52-55 Inverness Terrace | Hyde Park, London W2 3LB, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #412 of 1,075 hotels in London
Haifa, Israel
“nice, really nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I was attracted by internet adds and their site. Looks like a huge, old, posh hotel with seventy year old butlers, shoe shiners and cour size rooms.

Well, it's not. The property is a very nicely renovated townhouse . The design and fixtures are nice, the room small (but hell, this is London) and the staff consists of very friendly and polite people of various nationalities who are not as efficient as you might hope (e.g they forgot my request for a wake up call) .

The breakfast is great, the area ideal for business and pleasure and the prices reasonable (hell, it is still London). I will stay there next time too.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Mandarshf, Manager at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, responded to this review, March 22, 2013

Many thanks for sharing your very kind feedback.

I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your feedback to the rest of the team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

943 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Korean first
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This is the second hotel in this chain that I have stayed in, it's a pity that they don't have commonality in their services other than very small rooms .
This place was convenient for my business plans and at £79 it was good value.
The decor is ok, staff ok , rooms minute , bar rubbish , breakfast is ok , parking is free after 6.30 on the street if you are lucky enough to find a slot! .
Tried to stay a second night,they had rooms but at £300, no way!
So if you don't need a big room and don't want to pay Notting Hill prices , get it on a £79 night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
london
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Booked this hotel based off other T/A reviews. Firstly, it is small, dingy and has no bar facilities. Secondly, the noise from the faulty air conditioning unit that my room looked directly onto (Room 109) was so loud (and I mean the sound was as loud as a pneumatic drill) that any form of thought never mind sleep was impossible, Despite the fact that the noise could be heard in the corridor never mind the bed that was a mere 6 foot away, and the fact that I raised this issue on 3 seperate locations throughout the evening, no staff came to assist. Mainly because the majority seemed simply not to care. Left after 3 hours in total disgust. Avoid this hotel at all costs. You would get more sleep camping on the street outside and more satisfaction giving your cash away to local crack addict.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the review and for the time and effort taken to write the review.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience that the service has caused you. Please be advised we have taken the feedback seriously and are working out with the Maintenance managers of the hotel to tackle the issue.

Could you please be kind enough to contact me on the below mentioned email address so we could get back to you personally.

We at The Shaftesbury Hyde Park International strive to make sure each and every guest experiences luxury and a wonderful stay.

For any further reservations please do not hesitate to contact me directly at dm.ship@shaftesburyhotels.com

With Regards
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Booked for two nights at the Hyde Park and knew that the rooms would be small. What we didn't realise was that the bed would be even smaller. Two adults in a 4' Queen bed? We thought we were in Gullivers Kingdom. First thing next day we asked at Reception if they had a room with a bigger bed and without any hesitation we were upgraded to a club room, at no extra cost, with a wider bed.

Other than that everything was great. The rooms are nicely furnished and the included Breakfast is very good. All the staff are friendly and helpful.

So judging the Hotel not on the problem, but on how they reacted to it I have to say that I would have no hesitation in staying here again. The price, including breakfast, at under £200 for 2 nights is exceptional value for a London Hotel and so what if the rooms are small, how long are you in them. Just try and avoid the 4' beds if you are a couple.

Another nice touch was that at check-out we saw the Manager and mentioned our experience and he promptly said that if we were to stay again to contact him before arrival and he would make sure that we got a good room.

Room Tip: This is an Edwardian building so all the rooms are different sizes. Just try and avoid those with j...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mandarshf, Manager at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, responded to this review, April 15, 2013

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

i read reviews about this Hotel only after booking. People had been redeployed to other hotels in the chain for spurious reasons. This happened to us also and we were sent to the Park Grand nearby. Our fears were soon totally allayed, however. Apart from a glass of wine, as a form of apology, we were awarded a free breakfast, full cooked English. The double room was small, but immaculate. the bathroom was a wet-room, and very clean. All the staff were pleasant, friendly, efficient and caring. We would definitely recommend a short stay here, perhaps a night or two, ideal for Paddington station and access to the City Centre. Well done Shaftesbury, and thanks for a lovely stay - 22nd Feb 2013

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

On a business trip to London, one of several I have made in the last year. Booked this hotel because it was centrally located and accessible to transportation in a nice area of London. I understood that, not unlike other rooms in London Hotels, they tend to be on the small side, so I booked a club room. It was probably the smallest room I have ever stayed in!! It was tiny and made me wonder what the other rooms were like.
I was stranded in London because of a huge storm in New York so I asked if could extend my day. Surely they responded, for an additional fee....OK ....Ok we all have to make a living right....as I was in London with no tasks off I went to see the sights, back to my room for a short nap before dinner. My room not ready, come back in an hour , we are very busy!! After a short negotiation we settled on 1/2 and hour and I sat in their sparse lobby in front of the desk....
As soon as I had gotten back to may room the telephone rings and they request that I come down immediately to pay for my extra day!! I suggested politely that as they had my credit card on file there was no danger that I would flee, suppose I present myself after the nap. Oh no, she said most politely, hotel rules you must come down immediately. Not interested in finding out what would happen if I didn't go to settle the bill, I went down and paid for my stay. No sooner had I gone back to my room when one of the employees barged ( no knock, no excuse me) into the room to check it out. It went on from there....
All this to say....there must be a better place to stay ....

Room Tip: Try another hotel!! LOL
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Shaftesbury Premier London Nottinghill, We appreciate your comments and we promise that we will try our very best to serve you in th best way possible in order to ensure that we can provide you with one of the most wonderful stays you ever had.

May i kindly request you to please email me on dm.ship@shaftesburyhotels.com regarding the details of your booking so that we can investigate further in detail.

Thank you very much for your patience & support.

With regards

Mandar Dhage.
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We were four friends who stayed at this hotel. I have stayed here before and wanted to try this hotel again. We all had a good time at the hotel. The location is perfect, with two tube-lines nearby. It is a 20 min walk to Marble Arch at the end of Oxford str.
The hotel personell is very friendly, and the manager Mr. Mandar is very service-minded. The rooms are small but clean, and give good value for the money. We will definately come back.

Room Tip: The Club rooms are a little bit bigger...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Mandar Dhage

Been to Shaftesbury Hyde Park International? Share your experiences!