“Another great stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shaftesbury Hyde Park International

You added Shaftesbury Hyde Park International to your Saves list
Shaftesbury Hyde Park International
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   52-55 Inverness Terrace | Hyde Park, London W2 3LB, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
STAY 2 NIGHTS GET 10% OFF
Ranked #391 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Oslo, Norway
“Another great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We were four friends who stayed at this hotel. I have stayed here before and wanted to try this hotel again. We all had a good time at the hotel. The location is perfect, with two tube-lines nearby. It is a 20 min walk to Marble Arch at the end of Oxford str.
The hotel personell is very friendly, and the manager Mr. Mandar is very service-minded. The rooms are small but clean, and give good value for the money. We will definately come back.

Room Tip: The Club rooms are a little bit bigger...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Mandarshf, Manager at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for sharing your very kind feedback.

I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your feedback to the rest of the team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Kind Regards,
Mandar Dhage

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
isreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I needed an hotel at a good location and price taking into account that I only wanted to shower and sleep as I was in a seminar all day and wanted to sight see and walk around at night. When Patricia found that there was no room that I per ordered she kindly upgraded me to a double bed. The room was very well furnished, good bed, clean, and a shining bathroom.
The staff was helpful and nice.
The location was also great one minute from Bayswater Underground and two from Queensway.
To sum up GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for sharing your very kind feedback.

Kind Regards,
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

The hotel from outside looks great, but when i checked in, i was surprised to see the smallest room i have ever seen to a hotel. It was clean without doubt, but the space was ridiculously poor. I checked the hotel's map on my door and saw that my room was from the biggest, so didn't bother at all to ask for another.
I was also surprised to see that there was no mini fridge in there (!). I cannot believe that a 4-star hotel, doesn't provide such services. I wanted to keep my water cool and put it next to the window, which was windy enough to cold it.
The elevator was too loud, which was fine for me, as my room was not next to it, but i can imagine how annoying that could be to the guests next to it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Firstly thank you very much for choosing Shaftesbury Hyde Park International please accept my sincere apologies as we had to transfer you to one of our sister properties due to an unforeseen situation.
I understand from your comments that you had a very bad experience and once again I apologize for the same.
I will appreciate if you could send me your contact details to dm.ship@shaftesburyhotels.com in order for me to contact you directly and discuss the same in depth.
this is certainly not our standard that we lookforward to our guest, please accept my appology and allow me to serve you onceagain in future.

With Regards

Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Rude inefficient staff. Waited over 15 mins before we were checked in. No apology. Not enough people working at reception and at that, the one person there was not efficient or customer smart. The other receptionist was on her break and couldn't possibly be disturbed. No apology. When I expressed my wish to make a complaint, I was informed someone would come to my room to take it. Nobody ever did.

Room tiny (even by London standards!) and bed is a single and a half. Not a double.

Would NEVER STAY HERE again. I recommend you don't either. The Grand Royale hotel - where I usually stay - is much better value and the staff there are faultless.

• Stayed February 2013
Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

As other have commented this is conveniently located in Bayswater, not far from Paddington and on the Circle line. It is also very good value for central London.

The greeting from the female receptionist was officious but less than welcoming. (She did seem rather keener on the gentleman booking in after me.) Customer service training would help.

Rooms are small and one could wish for a little more soundproofing. My room was next to the lift and while the machinery noise was negligible, the loud conversations of guests awaiting the lift's arrival in the narrow corridor were somewhat intrusive. There's a limit to how much I want to know about the activities of American businessmen.

The sash windows were ajar and difficult to close. I managed mine, but the American next door summoned staff (audibly) to close his. Attention to the sash cords would help.

The facilities were clean and comfortable and given the price I would stay again on an overnight business trip.

Room Tip: Keep clear of the lift!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Saltash, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Had a three night stay here. Great location close to Hyde Park and two tube stations. Very clean and nicely furnished room but the size of the room and the 'double' bed were a little cramped for two people. I'd say the bed was more like a 3/4 but comfortable nonetheless. Good shower and bathroom. The cleaning staff were v.friendly and reception were neutral. We'd stay again.

• Stayed January 2013
Mandarshf, Manager at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Many thanks for your valued comments. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are especially happy to know that the Location made a great impact on you. i can assure you that your comment will not only motivate our team but also encourage them to maintain and improve on the service you have come to expect.

It is pleasure to host you and we look forward to welcoming you back.

With Regards

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I was shunted to this hotel by a "sister" hotel that had overbooked, and arrived in the wee hours of the morning. I was given a room that was slightly smaller than the average walk-in closet. The bed touched the walls on two sides and there was about two feet of space on the other two sides. The "desk" (more of a nightstand) didn't have a light or a proper chair and the "closet" was 18 inches wide. The bathroom was small but adequate. Dude, where's my iron and ironing board? Not in this room.

To the hotel's credit, the room had been renovated within the past year or two and was nicely done. However the room was very noisy.

Service was fine, and the (free!) English breakfast was adequate.

NOT acceptable for a business traveller.

Room Tip: Demand a Club Room. If unavailable, stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing Shaftesbury Hyde Park International , We appreciate your comments and we promise that we will try our very best to serve you in th best way possible in order to ensure that we can provide you with one of the most wonderful stays you ever had.

May i kindly request you to please email me on dm.ship@shaftesburyhotels.com regarding the details of your booking so that we can investigate further in detail.

Thank you very much for your patience & support.

With regards

Mandar Dhage.

Been to Shaftesbury Hyde Park International? Share your experiences!