“Nice Hotel in a quiet corner of Central London” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grange Blooms Hotel

You added Grange Blooms Hotel to your Saves list
Grange Blooms Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7 Montague Street | Russell Square, London WC1B 5BP, England (Bloomsbury / Holborn)   |
Ranked #462 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Preston, United Kingdom
“Nice Hotel in a quiet corner of Central London”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is a nice townhouse Hotel with themed rooms and quaint decor. Good standard rather than excellent and the bathrooms are a bit small. However, staff are very friendly especially in the breakfast room. We had complementary continental breakfast which was ok but expensive if you pay £17.95pp for it. £23.95pp for full breakfast is a bit steep. Plenty of hot coffee and tea and a range of cereals and 'tinned' fruit but pleasant eno My daughters room veay on a corner and very pleasant.
We had a room themed around Pickwick and it was well maintained and clean.
I would stay again as it is minutes from Covent Garden and Theatreland and lots of eating places. So if you want a great location and a reasonably priced Hotel in central London, then this is a good choice.

Room Tip: Rooms on floor 2 or 3 at the back facing a small courtyard are nice and quiet
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We chose this hotel simply for the location but were pleasantly surprised by the lovely atmosphere and friendly staff. The rooms were beautifully clean and very well stocked with a fine range of toiletries, coffee, tea etc., and even a fruit bowl. The staff were very helpful and the location was excellent for visits to.museums, covent garden etc. Well worth a return.visit.

• Stayed December 2012
Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

An average hotel and expeirence in a great location. Not really much positive to say about it. Breakfast was average and no better than you'd get going to Sainsburys and buying the cold meats and bread yourself. The glass shower curtain came off in my hand and the plug to connect to the internet was broken and they had no back up. Also the TV remote didnt work
which sounds a small thing but you expect better. Overall, disappointing.

Room Tip: Dont get one on the Mongtague Street side as the buses run all night!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We recently stayed at this property for 6 nights in November 2012. The staff was friendly and helpful. The location was central enough to the city that walking or taking the tube is extremely easy. The hotel is situated at the back of the British museum and near two underground terminals, so it has nice conveniences. ...and that's about all you can expect when you book here. Now here's what you should know:

They charge 20 pounds a night for in-room Internet. The Internet was unavailable for two nights of our stay, which was a major inconvenience for us. We were willingness to pay, although we find it to be very expensive and bad policy; but we were extremely put off by the fact that they couldn't keep it running reliably.

You will get an old-school skeleton key which you are required to leave at the front desk when you come and go. Although you assume hotel staff will have access to your room no matter where you stay, it's disconcerting to hand over a key each time you step out of the door. Also, I was only asked to confirm my name twice when getting my key back. I wonder who else may have been able to get my key if they asked for it.

There's no air conditioning. Thankfully, it was chilly outside...so opening the window and turning on the (extremely noisy) ceiling fan circulated the air enough to make it somewhat comfortable.

I don't reccommend the hotel unless you find a good rate (I found it for 150 pounds a night) or if you're in a pinch and need a room quick!

Room Tip: Ask for room 207. It has a four-poster bed and a good amount of space.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

As I have said in my previous reviews, I try to add something new to mine and give aspects not considered previously.

There really is not much wrong with this hotel at all but I was booked in here by my company on a business trip.

If I were a tourist looking for quaint England then this would have been fantastic for me. It is classic in its design and my room with its 4 poster bed and dark wooden features where all that one would hope for on a visit to Dickens England. The breakfast room was again, old world Victorian design and a lovely place to indulge in tea and scones if one so desired.

I was on business though and as such, I need things quick and snappy. I want facilities that help me work rather than lap up a novel.

The cons for me were that, once again, no free wifi. I find it hard to believe in this day and age but it is a business essential and should be included in the price of the room and not £5.00 per hour on demand.

Another thing that really annoys me, no plugs alongside my bed. I like to have my phone at hand and I want it to charge overnight. For this you need a bedside plug and there werent any here. I was in room 207. Also, using my laptop while sat up in bed is a chillaxing way to work and again, having no plug limits my power options.

Its all about being able to work for me when I am away from home and this hotel was wrong for my purpose.

On the plus side, the room was spotless, the bed was comfy, I had a good night sleep and noise from the road after 10.00PM was minimal. Also, between 18.30-08.30 you can park on the road outside the hotel.

A lovely quaint hotel but for the tourist or romantic break couple rather than the business traveler.

Room Tip: Room 207 has a 4 poster and faces the road. There is little noise after 10.00PM and the room was spo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
notts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We stayed in this hotel on a friends recommendation and are so glad we did. We booked through the hotels website and gor e very good rate. The hotel's a mere step to the British museum and feels a safe area to walk qround late at night Our room was a good size, very comfortable, with a huge bed. The bathroom was shiny, marble and looked newly refurbished. All the staff were welcoming and smiley. The hotel has the added charm of being in a georgian townhouse. We recommend this hotel and will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

The location, right and the corner from the British Museum is fantastic, but while nice, the rooms are very small and in the summer heat were very hot and stuffy.
The staff were really friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Grange Blooms Hotel? Share your experiences!